AOS Biometrics Appointment

Today we recieved an I-797C with a request to come in for biometrics on 6/15. It doesn't say anything about an AOS interview. Will there be a separate AOS interview later or is the Biometrics appointment part of the AOS interview???

They take fingerprints. No interview. You'll get a separate notice when they assign an interview date.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Today we recieved an I-797C with a request to come in for biometrics on 6/15. It doesn't say anything about an AOS interview. Will there be a separate AOS interview later or is the Biometrics appointment part of the AOS interview???

Hard to tell Curt. It used to be an AOS interview was automatic. Now they are approving more cases without an interview. You won't know until they process your case and make a decision. If they want an interview they will send you an appointment letter.

The picture that they take during biometrics will be the one on the Green Card ... you'll earn points by telling Ling that so she can suitably prepare. ;)

... even if she says "it doesn't matter ... all ladies look the same". <_<

Nah....Ling's standard answer is "Bu hao kan!"

Yeah, it depends. Our friends, couple "B" in a different thread, got their AOS receipt notice and then got a 'we are transferring your case to Calif' letter. Then they got the Biometrics appointment letter. All this in the Dec to Jan time frame. Now, they still don't have any interview and no green card or SSN. But, the fingerprints are completed.

Aeris posted this yesterday: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=25197&hl=

They received letter for interview about 10 days after letter for biometrics.

Kewl *cross fingers*......seems it would be easier for them too if we could do both in one trip downtown........yeah, I know, I know.....the .gov never does anything the easy way...... :P

Hahah.. never satisfied, always complaints. You don't know how easy you're getting it already Brother Curt. In the olden days, the fingerprinting was contracted out to third parties. 25% of the finger printing was REJECTED by the government. That is to say, you'd pay $40 back in 1990's to have your finger prints done by a third party for-profit, private company and then take those finger prints to INS. If INS/FBI didn't like the prints--bad quality prints--they'd demand you get another and that means more money and MORE wait time. Now that was REALLY a waste of time. 25% were being rejected. It got so bad that INS finally made it so that the finger prints were done IN HOUSE. That made the process much better. Now you're demanding they do everything in one trip. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: You don't know how easy they've made the process already as compared to the 90's or 80's.

I've been through this process once during the mid 90's and it was so much more of a pain. Believe you me!