Guest Mike and Lily

ok, the embassy mailed packet 3 to the address that she lived at when I met her. She has since moved and either did not fax the embassy her new address as i requested or the embassy did not receive it. I tried to change it for her months ago but they requested it be in Chinese so i had to count on her. No idea what to do now.

I am currently 86 days since NVC approval and still no pkt 3. Is this typical or should I worry?

Jim

That's easy! Complete the packet 3 forms and have your SO send them back to GUZ. Here are the forms in case you have trouble finding them. Since they have already sent her the forms, just complete these two forms and send them back to GUZ. But make sure you e-mail GUZ with her new address and put it on the forms as well.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/uploads/i...-230_part_I.pdf

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/uploads/i...A/2._OF-169.pdf

Good luck!

ok, the embassy mailed packet 3 to the address that she lived at when I met her. She has since moved and either did not fax the embassy her new address as i requested or the embassy did not receive it. I tried to change it for her months ago but they requested it be in Chinese so i had to count on her. No idea what to do now.

I am currently 86 days since NVC approval and still no pkt 3. Is this typical or should I worry?

Jim

What I did was request my wife's address while she and I were chatting on Yahoo Messenger. I cut and pasted the Chinese characters on a blank Word document and fxed it to GUZ @ (8620) 3884-4412. You can't email GUZ with the address in Chinese characters because they are not recognizable. You can also email GUZ with your SO's phone number to acquire her new address and resend the P3. GUZ did call my wife to confirm address. Good luck.

This is about a K1 that I filed 27 Nov 06 and has been working its way through the "snake."

GUZ told me by email that the hard copy was received on 26 May and the P3 was mailed the same day. So far no P3 has arrived in Beijing. My email inquiry resulted in a response that was "allow two weeks for the P3 to arrive and if it doesn't then let us know by email." GUZ does answer emails. Usually with a single line answer. My impression is that the person answering doesn't really read the email for content but just gives an answer that is fairly generic.

1. Once GUZ has sent the P3 can my SO go ahead and send the completed forms? Or, must she wait for GUZ's P3 package to arrive? Is there something in the GUZ P3 that she has to have in order for them to accept her forms?

2. I have cut and pasted her English and Chinese character addresses into the GUZ email form. GUZ tells me that they received the address update. They weren't specific about whether they could or couldn't read the Chinese characters. Now I wonder if they address the P3 in English or Chinese and my SO is wondering the same thing.

3. If they have to send another P3 does anyone have any idea how long the mail should take between Guangzhou and Beijing?

4. Should I go ahead and fax her address(es) and phone numbers to GUZ and ask them to contact her or (dare I say it....) wait a few more days in hopes it will arrive?

Thanks

Thanks, I certainly hope she deals with this right away instead of just waiting for something to happen. The forms don't require the bar code to be on them from the embassy?

Jim

That's easy! Complete the packet 3 forms and have your SO send them back to GUZ. Here are the forms in case you have trouble finding them. Since they have already sent her the forms, just complete these two forms and send them back to GUZ. But make sure you e-mail GUZ with her new address and put it on the forms as well.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/uploads/i...-230_part_I.pdf

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/uploads/i...A/2._OF-169.pdf

Good luck!