Firm bed and no shoes in house

Yep, had a down tick on the bed, first thing to go, and still a bit soft for the wife.

It seems to be unanimous among my Chinese female friends that they now prefer a western mattress to a Chinese board. Yet, 4 Chinese women joined Leiqin and I for a night at our mtn home last Sunday. They had no qualms about sleeping on the carpeted floor and claiming what a wonderful sleep they had. :roller:

It seems to be unanimous among my Chinese female friends that they now prefer a western mattress to a Chinese board. Yet, 4 Chinese women joined Leiqin and I for a night at our mtn home last Sunday. They had no qualms about sleeping on the carpeted floor and claiming what a wonderful sleep they had. :roller:

There is nothing like good mountain air and a firm carpet to make one sleep good :P

It seems to be unanimous among my Chinese female friends that they now prefer a western mattress to a Chinese board. Yet, 4 Chinese women joined Leiqin and I for a night at our mtn home last Sunday. They had no qualms about sleeping on the carpeted floor and claiming what a wonderful sleep they had. :lol:

There is nothing like good mountain air and a firm carpet to make one sleep good :(

As long the house has no dogs or cats.

It seems to be unanimous among my Chinese female friends that they now prefer a western mattress to a Chinese board. Yet, 4 Chinese women joined Leiqin and I for a night at our mtn home last Sunday. They had no qualms about sleeping on the carpeted floor and claiming what a wonderful sleep they had. :lol:

And where, among these ladies, did Dennis sleep? :(

And where, among these ladies, did Dennis sleep? :P

:Dah: Ron, Ron, Ron...

With my wife! :lol:

:P

Leiqin and I rent a room to a 21 year old young Chinese man ('Johnny') whose been in the US for ~8 months. His parents are paying and his English is fairly good. Anyway, he went to the mtn home with us and the women weren't sure how the sleeping arrangements would work out with Johnny and it was suggested that he and I sleep together in the master bedroom. :( I had to tell them that I only sleep with my wife. :o

I'm sure, Dennis, that everything was prim and proper and above board. I am so glad you didn't sleep with Johnny. Dennis, are you talking about the San Gabriel's?

I'm sure, Dennis, that everything was prim and proper and above board. I am so glad you didn't sleep with Johnny. Dennis, are you talking about the San Gabriel's?

Lake Arrowhead...

Johnny is from Harbin. Take a peek at Harbin on Google Earth and see how desolate it looks. Johnny confirms, few trees and no mountains. To say the least, he was blown away by Lake Arrowhead. He's posted many pictures on his blog where his Harbin friends post how much they hate him now (I translated their responses) in teasing. Johnny posted how it seemed unfair that the Lake is a private lake for the privilaged rich whose 30 room mansions that surround it are the only ones who can use it, (I don't have lake rights). Quite an interesting outlook.

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

Ahh, Lake Arrowhead. Right up the road from me. A good friend of mine does lake security during the summer. What does this have to do with a "firm bed?" The beds in China made my back ache. <_<

I seem to have adopted the opposite adjustment from most of you. I found my wife's hard, thin mattress much better for my back than the bulky japanese futon I slept on at home. When laopo arrived we replaced the futon with a firm chinese style bed, and we both sleep, and enjoy other bedroom activities :rolleyes: just fine on it. I've had back problems for the last 3 years, and the firmer mattress is helping me feel more comfortable. We've also adopted the no shoes, soft and bulky slippers in the house rule. She bought 3 pairs in Chengdu before we left, for us and my son. If he or I don't take off our shoes after entering the house, out comes the mop! I was used to slippers in the house and the no shoe rule from my time living in Hawaii when I was in my 20's, and it really keeps the house much cleaner and it's nice to get the shoes off after a hard day at work.

we recently put some plywood under our matress..

Amazingly comfortable...

problem is its a king size bed but i always seem to have only about 6" of matress to myself...

and about 8 feet of matress on the other side of my wife :lol:

i need to learn the proper technique of the hug and roll

Edited by izus (see edit history)

It seems to be unanimous among my Chinese female friends that they now prefer a western mattress to a Chinese board. Yet, 4 Chinese women joined Leiqin and I for a night at our mtn home last Sunday. They had no qualms about sleeping on the carpeted floor and claiming what a wonderful sleep they had. :D

And where, among these ladies, did Dennis sleep? :P

:D Ron, Ron, Ron...

With my wife! :D

:P

Leiqin and I rent a room to a 21 year old young Chinese man ('Johnny') whose been in the US for ~8 months. His parents are paying and his English is fairly good. Anyway, he went to the mtn home with us and the women weren't sure how the sleeping arrangements would work out with Johnny and it was suggested that he and I sleep together in the master bedroom. :D I had to tell them that I only sleep with my wife. ;)

Must have been a lucky Johnny then. Out of the land of desolation.

Edited by SheLikesME? (see edit history)

Anyone have a line on a good "hard" Chinese style mattress? We have a very firm mattress, but it is not hard enough for my wife, who has a little back problem from a car accident. We have been to just about every mattress store in the southeastern part of Virginia, and have not found one hard enough. I have found out there is a big difference between hard and firm.