Last year during my trip to Beihai on the last day in town, my wife took me to get my hair wased, because she had a headache... at the time I told her, "I have an asprin"... boy am I glad she didn't take it. The experience was great. Probably why I get my hair cut at the Asian Hair Salon in Atlanta now, but the experience isn't even close.

For about 45 minutes, I get my hair washed, scratched and massaged and my shoulders and legs massaged all for about .75 cents... you couldn't beat that with a stick. I must say, the little women get rough with me sometimes ;)

My wife has promised we will do this every other day and today is, you guessed it, time for another :D ... am I bad? :P she is right next to me doing the same treatment... but I don't even noticed her, my eyes are closed from the beginning, thy usually tell me in chinese they are done and I never understand them :rolleyes: so they basically plead for

me to go.

Just thought I would share this bit of info with the gang here.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

On my last visit to GZ Bing and I went and had our hair washed and a massage. I think it was 100 yuan for both of us. They washed my hair and massaged my scalp for about 30 minutes then had a two hour massage. The gal that gave me the massage was only about 90 lbs but she sure worked me over. Best massage I've ever had.

Last year during my trip to Beihai on the last day in town, my wife took me to get my hair wased, because she had a headache... at the time I told her, "I have an asprin"... boy am I glad she didn't take it. The experience was great. Probably why I get my hair cut at the Asian Hair Salon in Atlanta now, but the experience isn't even close.

For about 45 minutes, I get my hair washed, scratched and massaged and my shoulders and legs massaged all for about .75 cents... you couldn't beat that with a stick. I must say, the little women get rough with me sometimes :P

My wife has promised we will do this every other day and today is, you guessed it, time for another :D ... am I bad? :P she is right next to me doing the same treatment... but I don't even noticed her, my eyes are closed from the beginning, thy usually tell me in chinese they are done and I never understand them :lol: so they basically plead for

me to go.

Just thought I would share this bit of info with the gang here.

Charles,

Fully agree. Once you have done it; you are spoiled for life! The hardest thing to do, is finding a decent haircut, shave etc, etc, in the states. It is etextremly very rare when I use a male barber anymore! A massge in the US? Yep! On a cold day in Hell or you better have more than a few bucks in your pockets!

Man! I miss China!

My wife is a trained Chinese barber and my daughter is trained in the massage technique.

I get that treatment any time I need! :lol:

I agree... It's more than great what the Chinese do in that salon. I went several times with my wife in Nanning and it was HEAVEN!

I had the same experiences during my recent visit to Aiwen's hometown, Zhaoqing.....we went often, sometimes several nights in a row....what a way to relax after a long, busy day....we both enjoyed the pampering alot, and it only costs 60 yuan for the two of us....another reason I would like to spend some extended time in China....lol....

Steve

I had the same experiences during my recent visit to Aiwen's hometown, Zhaoqing.....we went often, sometimes several nights in a row....what a way to relax after a long, busy day....we both enjoyed the pampering alot, and it only costs 60 yuan for the two of us....another reason I would like to spend some extended time in China....lol....

Steve

My wife has a card, so it cost 10 yuan for the 2 of us... tonight we went and it seemed the women were having fun and asking my wife many questions about me... My wife never told them she was my lao po, this woman game me the treatment.... best massage yet. There was a time, there were 2 sets of hands on me ;) ... :mellow: My wife found it very funny. I basically was in a near comatose, sleepy happy state... Now... how do I go home and wash my own hair... We will go one more time before we leave Beihai on Tuesday to goto Guilin.... :(

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)