Got a blue form 11 months ago...

Hi everyone. Although I've been reading this site for a while, this is my first time posting.

My story is that we basically first filed for a K1 visa in December of 2005. We had an interview in mid-2006. Unfortunately we went into the interview thinking we were prepared, but then it came to the "Are you or have you been a communist party member?" She was a member due to school reasons. I'm guessing they weren't happy with the way she responded to the follow-up questions, so we got a blue form. We sent in what they asked and waited for their response.

That last interview was about a year ago, and we haven't heard anything more than our case is under administrative processing. Her family seems bent on having her end our relationship and be more "practical". They are planting regular suggestions of hopelessness. After a year of not hearing anything at all from the consulate, it seems they are starting to get to her.

I guess I'm hoping that someone out there might have an idea of whats going on and if our case is likely to work out. I'd like to be able to give her something hopeful. Is there anyone I might be able to contact who would help out? The state dept and the consulate are basically giving the same amount of information.

Thanks for your help.

It's not that they were not happy with her answers, it's the law...

I'm guessing that the blue slip had a list of evidence to submit about party membership and you submitted that (as opposed to filling out a I-601 waiver)?

If you can confirm your in adminstrative processing, then that is as much as the DOS/Consulate can tell you; most likely it's in Washington DC with the Dept's SAO (Security Advisory Opinion).

You could contact your congressman to see if they can rattle any cages... it's been a long time but not completely unusual (I recall someone else taking over a year). But don't count on it helping.

I once read at a lawyer's site that resolve these kinds of denial issues are "low on their list".

Have you tried getting an Immigration Lawyer. I was under the impression that if a person was a member of the Communist party, the responsiblity fell on DOS to do another name check to determine how involved that person is in the party. DOS held the right to deny a visa only if they were high level party members.

Is this correct?

Hi everyone. Although I've been reading this site for a while, this is my first time posting.

My story is that we basically first filed for a K1 visa in December of 2005. We had an interview in mid-2006. Unfortunately we went into the interview thinking we were prepared, but then it came to the "Are you or have you been a communist party member?" She was a member due to school reasons. I'm guessing they weren't happy with the way she responded to the follow-up questions, so we got a blue form. We sent in what they asked and waited for their response.

That last interview was about a year ago, and we haven't heard anything more than our case is under administrative processing. Her family seems bent on having her end our relationship and be more "practical". They are planting regular suggestions of hopelessness. After a year of not hearing anything at all from the consulate, it seems they are starting to get to her.

I guess I'm hoping that someone out there might have an idea of whats going on and if our case is likely to work out. I'd like to be able to give her something hopeful. Is there anyone I might be able to contact who would help out? The state dept and the consulate are basically giving the same amount of information.

Thanks for your help.

Two members that I know of have overcome that same issue, so it is not a deal breaker, in both cases they had about a 4 month waiting period while the waiver was being processed.

Thanks for the replies. The form asked us to submit a statement about the extent of her affiliation and a resume.

But I guess I'm glad to hear others have survived similar situations. We have been considering just getting married sometime in the middle of this year to reduce the pressure being placed on her. I'm still kind of hoping that any day now, news will come, and I'm a little against throwing away a year and a half of waiting.

Another quick question: as its been about a year since our last interview, will we likely have to go through the process of getting new supporting documents like the medical exam?

Thanks for the replies. The form asked us to submit a statement about the extent of her affiliation and a resume.

But I guess I'm glad to hear others have survived similar situations. We have been considering just getting married sometime in the middle of this year to reduce the pressure being placed on her. I'm still kind of hoping that any day now, news will come, and I'm a little against throwing away a year and a half of waiting.

Another quick question: as its been about a year since our last interview, will we likely have to go through the process of getting new supporting documents like the medical exam?

It is possible they will ask for fresh documents, like the single certificate and police report. They can also request a new medical. With that said, they also have the ability to waive these, but I wouldn't count on it.

We have been considering just getting married sometime in the middle of this year to reduce the pressure being placed on her. I'm still kind of hoping that any day now, news will come, and I'm a little against throwing away a year and a half of waiting.

Don't marry while this visa is in process, you will only then need to start the visa process all over again, and the troubles you are having now will just come up and bite you on the new visa process.

You need to overcome the problem with this visa first.

Has your SO left the party? this goes a long way in resolving this issue.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Two members that I know of have overcome that same issue, so it is not a deal breaker, in both cases they had about a 4 month waiting period while the waiver was being processed.

I am one of the two. Here is my experience:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=24087&hl=

There is another one on CFL who also processed about 1 year or more, I guess he should get his visa by now.

Did GUZ required more aditional stuff during the time you are waiting in these 11 months? Did you ever send e-mail to inquire your case status? Maybe congress man can help you to ask or push your case if the after-interivew security check done.

All the best!!!

There are others that I can recall, so it is not impossible to overcome it. Consider it a speed bump.