Middle Class in Turmoil...

Doug I am definitely NOT one of the rich guys here... :sosad: But I have a job that suits me very well. I have a sum total of ZERO stress with it and to me that is very valuable. I do not have a type A+ personality, more like a type Z... :P I do not understand people KILLING themselves to make more and more $$$$ to buy more and more STUFF...To me the phrase...HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS...makes no sense... :blink: I mean isn't he DEAD???

Ahhh Roger. If I had not gone to China. Before that I dreamed of going back into a metalurgical lab. I like working with those PhDs. They need good technicians to make their experiments or processes work. They need the practical solutions. Or you do the job and make the report to those who make decisions. No worries. No responsibilities.

The plan was: Restore the 64 Ford Galaxie 500 XL. sell off the MOPAR muscle and T-Birds. Sell the house and have a lil cash in the bank. Get a job as lab tech in VA to be near my kids. Live in a very very low rent shack or garage apt. Visit kids.

Now my son is in TX and daughter will move from VA. So it was just a dream. But like the wife says, the mortgage is a stress if I lose my job. Oh I am told of how well of a job I am doing. Took over a dificult situation. I have had smoke blown up my kiester before and got laid off in the same scenario I am in now, although then I made millions for them, when I worked for my competitor. But these people are more reasonable. I just get concerned. Maybe I will pull through this time.

I will follow wife's advice and get rid of things. Maybe rid of the house. Ahh, quit my bitchin. I have it pretty good. I have some solutions. Heck my company will pay for me to live on the road and the wife isn't here. I'll save everything I make since out of my lil town now.

Edited by SheLikesME? (see edit history)

[Restore the 64 Ford Galaxie 500 XL. sell off the MOPAR muscle and T-Birds.

UGH!!! Ditch the Ford not the MOPAR dude!! :cheering: LOL Unfortunately, MOPARs are just too damned expensive to play with these days (even the 6 banger swingers...thanks Barrett-Jackass :D ) or I would have one. Got a bike (Yamaha Roadstar) instead. At least it's paid for. :cheering:

I have had smoke blown up my kiester before and got laid off in the same scenario I am in now

That's exactly what happened to me last Dec. In Nov I was told how great I was doin and they even paid for training so I could convert/manage a new program. But, they were not going to make their EOY projections. So, of course, just cut some people in Dec and everything will be great...unfortunately that included me.

Sorry to hear that Neal... :D Hope everything works out okay...I used to be in manufacturing and went through all the layoff/recall bs for years...finally went back to school and got my gummint job which is bomb proof...I think... :D

We are doin OK these days. We still got some left over crap hangin on the credit cards. But, we are paying them slowly, then we can start throwing extra payments at the damned cars (NO, no big SUVs here), and hopefully build the savings back up. Yaya got a week-end CNA job so that will help. Hopefullly, someday, she will be able to take the tests and get her RN license transferred here.

Between my wife learning accounting and my brilliant moves in the past , we are in better shape now that ever. We should have a net worth of over $1m. by the new year with our new condo paid for and mostly new furn. I am planning on getting a new sailboat for my son to keep on Lake Mich. The wife worries about having money when I die and I cannot convince her that she will have enough since she is making about $1000 a day on investing.

Too many people don't take advantage of the opportunities avalable.