CAUTION!!! CAUTION!!!! CAUTION!!

Today the elderley woman to whom I am currently wed went to take the written test for her driving permit. I felt this was safe to let her do as the test is only given in English and transaltion devices are not allowed.

I'm not sure how she cheated but I'm sure she did. She has a shiney new driving permit and I am scared to death!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Trigg (see edit history)
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today the elderley woman to whom I am currently wed went to take the written test for her driving permit. I felt this was safe to let her do as the test is only given in English and transaltion devices are not allowed.

I'm not sure how she cheated but I'm sure she did. She has a shiney new driving permit and I am scared to death!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure what to say Trigg.........."Congratulations"; "Sorry to hear that"; or "May God have mercy on your soul"? Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

I think i may be safe for a while. She has had one proffessional two hour driving lesson. It took her one hour and forty-five minutes to get out of the driveway. Her next lesson wil be tuesday--different instructer i'll bet.

Anyway, I think I'm safe as long as I don't hang around on the driveway!

I read your post with great amusement :angry: and fear too. My SO and her 16 year old daughter will be coming ....hopefully in 10 more months. But neither have ever driven. This really scares me. :lol: But your wife is smart to have passed the exam in English. In California they offer the exam in Chinese also. I am thinking ...do I teach her the bus system or go for drivers school and probably two more NEW drivers onto my policy... :unsure: I can't wait to see the increase in my insurance. :angry:

I do agree that is might be best not to be with her while she is "learning" as your heart rate might go off the chart. Good luck to you.

I read your post with great amusement :D and fear too. My SO and her 16 year old daughter will be coming ....hopefully in 10 more months. But neither have ever driven. This really scares me. :unsure: But your wife is smart to have passed the exam in English. In California they offer the exam in Chinese also. I am thinking ...do I teach her the bus system or go for drivers school and probably two more NEW drivers onto my policy... :angry: I can't wait to see the increase in my insurance. :angry:

I do agree that is might be best not to be with her while she is "learning" as your heart rate might go off the chart. Good luck to you.

If you value your life you won't be in the car with her. I had to hire a driving instructer to first take my wife out. I tried but she scared the hell out of me!

After the instructer got her broken in I started to drive withe her. The arguing got a little rough sometimes but I hung in there.

Now she does okay. She is getting better. It just takes time. But I do advise in hiring an instructer at first to break her in. Afterwards, you can take over. As far as my 16 year old stepdaughter, who is wanting to learn, I already told my wife that she will have to teach her and see how I felt!...... :lol:

GOOD job!!!!! I experienced much of the same with my wife. However I did the teaching. Had to explain some differences in the Chinese way of driving and the USA way. She took the written exam in Chinese and we then practiced. The first actual test was a disaster. Only gone for 5 minutes and the instructor had her come in the back way. She was smiling and waving the pink slip, which is failing on a drivers test, different than the interview results in Guangzhou. I had to explain she failed. The second test she passed!!

Well the funny part is she has driven in China since she was 24 but to my surprise she told me she had never taken a test. She knew one of the examiners and got her license<<<<<< LOL!!!!!! The good part is when I added her to my insurance my cost actually went down.

I still can't get her to look over her shoulder when she changes lanes!!!

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)

I have often ridden on the back of my wife's motor scooter in Zhanjiang. I still haven't figured out how they know which red lights to ignore and at which ones to stop. Driving down the left side of the street into oncoming traffic seems to be a favorite of all drivers, including her, especially at red lights. I dread the day she goes for a drivers license in the USA.