Water water everywhere!

My fiance has the bad habit of slinging water all over the bathroom,on the floor,on the toilet, when showering,and putting the dishes away wet,and the most annoying of all,handing me a wet cup or ashtray.

Did your fiance learn that in America we like these things to stay dry?

I really really hate it when my toilet seat is covered with water all the time!

Also,that little basket in the Chinese bathroom,did she learn its "ok" to put the toilet paper in the toilet in America?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some training is in order. :P :whip:

Reminds me of the bathroom at Mr Yang's appartment in Guangzhou, the room was white tiled, and no shower stall, just a hand held shower attached to one wall near toilet, and drain in the floor, gets everything wet. :angry:

My Yu dose none of that, learned quickly that the toilet has the power to suck everything down the drain.

Our living situation is like this; my wife and stepdaughter use the guest bathroom where I have the master bathroom all to my self. And I like it that way! :angry:

I'm not sure what kind of bathroom sink and vanity they use in China but the vanity in the guest bathroom, being particle board, had rotted away to the point of falling down. I had to replace it at a small fortune. And that was all because of the water they splash.

Did your fiance learn that in America we like these things to stay dry?

I really really hate it when my toilet seat is covered with water all the time!

Tell her to remember to put the seat UP before she showers. :P

:angry: :whip: That is what I would do when taking a shower in the apartment at Yangs in Guangzhou!

I had the same setup where we stayed in Guangzhou. It drove me nuts and I couldn't wait to get out of there. All tile floors and everything was wet and damp. The shower right near the toilet and no curtain. Even if you wore shower clogs, you would still track the water out into the living room. Guess I'm too spoiled that way. Also, I posted this in another thread, but my SO will not put the shower curtain inside the tub. I show her how it works and how to keep from getting water on the floor (different hotel), and everytime, she would put the shower curtain on the outside of the tub. I would go into the bathroom and the whole floor would be wet. LOL :whip: I couldn't get away from it. :angry:

After more than 3 years in USA, my wife still like to splash water all over the bathroom sink and walls. The problem is that she washes her hands too often and too long with full blast. Every time I go to bathroom, I have to wipe the water with towel.

I'm now in my third chinese house... they have all been the same... this last one is the most challenging with seven people sharing one bathroom.. it can be like a water park; I can slide into the bathroom ala Tom Cruise (Risky Business) style. I can count on the toilet seat as ALWAYS up (got trained the wet way on this one). And got used to 'brown' paper in the trash, and seeing tampons in the trash every single day... took me a while to figure that last one out. I haven't seen a bar of soap in a year either... do they still make these :surrender:

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I'm now in my third chinese house... they have all been the same... this last one is the most challenging with seven people sharing one bathroom.. it can be like a water park; I can slide into the bathroom ala Tom Cruise (Risky Business) style. I can count on the toilet seat as ALWAYS up (got trained the wet way on this one). And got used to 'brown' paper in the trash, and seeing tampons in the trash every single day... took me a while to figure that last one out. I haven't seen a bar of soap in a year either... do they still make these :)

:surrender: David, you should remind those who don't know that you are here, living in America. Well, kinda. :P

I'm now in my third chinese house... they have all been the same... this last one is the most challenging with seven people sharing one bathroom.. it can be like a water park; I can slide into the bathroom ala Tom Cruise (Risky Business) style. I can count on the toilet seat as ALWAYS up (got trained the wet way on this one). And got used to 'brown' paper in the trash, and seeing tampons in the trash every single day... took me a while to figure that last one out. I haven't seen a bar of soap in a year either... do they still make these :)

:surrender: David, you should remind those who don't know that you are here, living in America. Well, kinda. :P

Seems I went from the east coast to the west coast and nothing changed :) honestly, it's so much fun I can't see living in a house with just one people :P

Doesn't anyone like having the whole bathroom being a shower? I love it! So what if things get wet?! It is a "bathroom"! We have recently built, but never lived in, a newly constructed apartment in Zhanjiang. My dear wife at least put in a western toilet for me in one of the bathrooms.

As to tampons in the waste basket, that is where they belong. It is even a violation of my USA apartment's lease to flush them.

I do hope to teach my wife to flush her toilet paper down the toilet when she comes to the USA, but in China I allow her to follow her own customs.

The first time we traveled and had a "western" bathroom with shower in the bathtub, she was completely unfamiliar with this and a shower curtain, and the first time flooded the room. She had never dealt with such a situation before. Now she knows.

How I wish I had a drain in my USA bathroom floor and had the entire room to use as a shower.

in the trash, and seeing tampons in the trash every single day...

Always they lay those "napkins" in the basket FACE UP :surrender: right on top every time,like they are trying to send a message or something.

Why dont they fold them over before tossing them???

Doesn't anyone like having the whole bathroom being a shower? I love it! So what if things get wet?! It is a "bathroom"! We have recently built, but never lived in, a newly constructed apartment in Zhanjiang. My dear wife at least put in a western toilet for me in one of the bathrooms.

As to tampons in the waste basket, that is where they belong. It is even a violation of my USA apartment's lease to flush them.

I do hope to teach my wife to flush her toilet paper down the toilet when she comes to the USA, but in China I allow her to follow her own customs.

The first time we traveled and had a "western" bathroom with shower in the bathtub, she was completely unfamiliar with this and a shower curtain, and the first time flooded the room. She had never dealt with such a situation before. Now she knows.

How I wish I had a drain in my USA bathroom floor and had the entire room to use as a shower.

The part that I cant handle is the shower water soaks all of that nasty STUFF in the basket and it drips all over the place :surrender: ,and usually there is no plastic bag in the basket. :)

I think (and anyone can chime in here), that in China, all of the bathrooms that I visited in SO' family had drains in the middle of them.

RIGHT!

When you clean the bathroom in China, you just wash it away... down the drain. The entire bathroom was tiled so who cares about - water water everywhere! :D

This is the same in Europe.

In the good ole' USA we don't put drains in the middle of our bathrooms! Only if its in the middle of your shower which is enclosed in a glass cage! :lol:

Edited by Urkidding (see edit history)