UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE !!!

I can't believe this.

First, I got a new wife :-) hi Hon !

Then a great new job in the state I wanted

Then, a new home .We just found a residence in FL

Then we were supposed to go to France and Germany today.. After filing AOS and AP and EAD 3/28, we got EAD but no AP..Not wanting to wait for AP to ask for France visa, I kinda B.S'ed my way to the French consulate on her visa application when they ask.. Do you have permission to return to your country of residence ? If yes, date and validity ( read "AP" ) .. Well, kinda ..sort of I was thinking...LOL. I wrote" I-485 filed.. Permanent residency in progress" Next thing you know she received her 3 year multiple entries visa for all 15 countries...while still waiting for AP.. Damn, I was sneaky on that one...LOL

Sooooo, Visa.. but still no AP as of this morning..That sucked. I had to leave for Chicago connecting to Paris today, without said precious wife in tow :-(

ONE hour after I landed in Chicago.. Got a call. Damn Advance Parole showed up in our mailbox !! Hold on the horses ! Soooooooo, While waiting for my 6 PM flight to Paris I showed up at UA lounge, looking as miserable as I possibly could.... Oh, yes, I had a goofy non-ref/ non-changeable ticket, and her, a companion ticket which of course got voided this morning when she couldn't leave with me.

There is more !! LOL .. UA went wayyy beyond the call of duty...And I mean wayyyy beyond. I need to write a letter to command the gal at the Red Carpet lounge.. Then again, I really DID look miserable.....LOL

Not only did they rebook her tomorrow morn to Chicago on a companion ticket ( but she is flying alone.... so much for "rules" ) , where I'm waiting for her ( I cancelled my Paris 6 pm flight ), but they rebooked both of us, at NO CHARGE whatsoever on the Friday night flight to France.. (should have cost about 1500 bucks plus my change fee )

Wait ! There is more... :-) They even booked me in a 198$ hotel tonight for 45 bucks..Got a voucher "delayed flight" riiiight.......:-)

So, Sweety is going to Germany-France with me Friday after all..We'll have a wedding reception in Southern France Sunday 25 May. We'll return May 31.... Heading to FL June 6. Rushed?? Naaah !!! :lol:

My travel agent couldn't believe I pulled that one..:lol:

Wait ! there is more ! This afternoon, she also went to our apartment landlord because we are breaking the lease moving to FL.. Not only won't they charge us the usual month penalty, but they will also prorate june rent... till the 10th..

Life is good !! All this in less than a month... Well the wife showed 2 months ago :-)

I'm still pinching myself...

Sorry for the rambling guys, but you gotta admit.. This is spooky the way events unfolded

;)

After all the bad luck with having to wait so long for her visa, the tide has turned and now you are on a run! Having all those frequent flier miles helped to make United a lot more cooperative too, I am sure. They didn't want to lose any customer like you. People like you are keeping them above water right now!

Have fun you two.

Play the Irish Sweepstakes while you are on the continent!  Isn't it the Spanish that have the really huge one?

:lol:

Well, yes, one year, 1995 0r so I believe... but then again.. WHO the hell wants PESETAS???? :lol:

Kinda Turkish Liras lotto... Bring in 7 semis to collect...

If anyone deserves this turn of fortune it is you my friend. Remembering all those dark days between August and March, I am glad to hear things are going so well for Yuhui and you. Have a great trip! :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Eric,

I am sure this is old news by now.

But, I was reading this and thought that it was one of the most increadible stories I have ever read on the "Candle".

Others have been struggling with AP, and this may be one of the bright spots of something almost working (with a couple of tiny bumps).

------ Clifford -----