From the G7 board...one clearance with timeline

Hi all,

Just saw this China timeline from the G7 board. She has an extreme fast timeline (I hope she doesn't mind me posting it here). We "march-holers" are not getting anywhere in comparison. Come on DOS and don't leave us behind.

JC

P-----

10/21/02 1st noa

2/09/03 2nd noa

3/16/03 p3

3/19/03 return part of p3 to consulate

4/11/03 started security clearance

5/9/03 finished security clearance

How do I put this?

In the last month there has been a lot of talk about sending a group letter or many individual letters to someone in power, but this is always droped because we can't decide who is the best to write to or when.

Food for thought?

Because each couple has different time lines, different INS. areas, different delays, different situations and different K-1 or K-3. Here is an idea, if we all can pick one day, say May 25, and say we send the letters to Maura Harty after her East Coast business hours, so she gets all the letters on May 26 in the morning when she comes in. We all have different stories to tell, but I think we need one solid phrase in each letter that is the same for all of us. Because of the sars, how about a clause about how sars is effecting us because our loved ones are still in China and our government is dragging their feet with our visas? It really doesn't matter what clause we use, but the words most all be exactly the same, so Harty can know that we are in touch with each other about this and we don't want any more form letters, but we need answers.

Now, I will leave this out to some of the older people on this site to think about this idea, and who is the best to send it to.

We need to give everyone a chance to write a good letter and also get the e-mail address of the person to send this to.

Sorry, about the length of this, but I think we need to do something soon and this letter writing has come up often, but died along the way.

Please give me some input????

Here is an idea, if we all can pick one day, say May 25, and say we send the letters to Maura Harty after her East Coast business hours, so she gets all the letters on May 26 in the morning when she comes in.

I think the office might be closed on the 26th (like GZ) because of American holiday, Memorial Day?

:P