Got Blue CR1/2, but K3 & B2 are still good.

Blue 221G ineligible, but they need no more evidence and said she may not have to come back to GUZ just send someone with notary. Said they need more time to make a decision. Said they will send a letter within 3 months and if we don't receive the letter then there is a an address to write (email?). They said the K3 is still good and she can come here but it will take more time to change status here because her files would have to be transferred to America now. Best to wait for them in China, she was advised by 2nd VO. Also the B2 is a multi entry so daughter can come to America again. I was surprised about that one.

She went to window 26 for the VO where she got blue slip. Young girl VO first asked if I went to Thailand with her over a year ago, then asked for pics, which I now find out she had 3 picture packets of our older pics (just left 4th at home) and then 3 new pics from her visit to America, they flipped through very quickly. They asked for her resume and education documents. She showed them resume and said a little about what she does. Also she handed them original documents from her 2 degrees in China and the UTA E-MBA. They kept the school records. They asked how many children I have. She said 2 but educated and working. They asked what web site we met on, she said she forgot it was chinalove link or something www.chineselovelinks.com). They asked or commented about us getting married in 3 months. They did not ask for more support info and she could see my W2 and Tax info in their hand already.

Being the persistent type she really quizzed the girl why. She asked if it was because we met on line, she said no. She told them that I am ready to come there and they said it will do no good. VO sent her to window 30 to ask questions. Wife felt like there was a lot of blue slips because of all the people behind her for window 30.

Wife went and saw a lawyer who said her case was strange because no one gets a K3 and then blue for CR1. But he said most go on the K3 and file for change of status in USA.

Wife felt they already made up mind for blue before she got there. She said just a few questions quickly. Anyway it was not like her K3 interview.

(Just a side note: Her company required a one year notice to quit, which she did. After her 6 week visit to USA she returned and everyone thought she left her company illegally and went off with a foreign husband. She had a lot of trouble at her HR dept which she straitened out because she had full agreement with her boss before she left. I wonder if someone in the HR dept wrote a letter or something.) I could guess all day. Guess we will find out in a few to 90 days. :blink:

Edited by SheLikesME? (see edit history)

Blue 221G ineligible, but they need no more evidence and said she may not have to come back to GUZ just send someone with notary. Said they need more time to make a decision. Said they will send a letter within 3 months and if we don't receive the letter then there is a an address to write (email?). They said the K3 is still good and she can come here but it will take more time to change status here because her files would have to be transferred to America now. Best to wait for them in China, she was advised by 2nd VO. Also the B2 is a multi entry so daughter can come to America again. I was surprised about that one.

She went to window 26 for the VO where she got blue slip. Young girl VO asked for pics, which I now find out she had 3 picture packets of our older pics (just left 4th at home) and then 3 new pics from her visit to America, they flipped through very quickly. They asked for her resume and education documents. She showed them resume and said a little about what she does. Also she handed them original documents from her 2 degrees in China and the UTA E-MBA. They kept the school records. They asked how many children I have. She said 2 but educated and working. They asked what web site we met on, she said she forgot it was chinalove link or something www.chineselovelinks.com). They asked or commented about us getting married in 3 months. They did not ask for more support info and she could see my W2 and Tax info in their hand already.

Being the persistent type she really quizzed the girl why. She asked if it was because we met on line, she said no. She told them that I am ready to come there and they said it will do no good. VO sent her to window 30 to ask questions. Wife felt like there was a lot of blue slips because of all the people behind her for window 30.

Wife went and saw a lawyer who said her case was strange because no one gets a K3 and then blue for CR1. But he said most go on the K3 and file for change of status in USA.

Wife felt they already made up mind for blue before she got there. She said just a few questions quickly. Anyway it was not like her K3 interview.

(Just a side note: Her company required a one year notice to quit, which she did. After her 6 week visit to USA she returned and everyone thought she left her company illegally and went off with a foreign husband. She had a lot of trouble at her HR dept which she straitened out because she had full agreement with her boss before she left. I wonder if someone in the HR dept wrote a letter or something.) I could guess all day. Guess we will find out in a few to 90 days. :blink:

Man!! That Sucks!!! Sorry for the Blue!

But at least the K3 is still good and she can come home and wait with you!!

I think this must be the first i have heard of this too, A CR1 Blue after a K3 approval???

I would edit my first post but maybe best to update here. I talked further with her.

Apparently the blue slip started very soon into the interview. She did not know that the blue was bad, hmm. Anyway, after she got turned down she would not leave the window of the first VO and kept asking what was wrong with her. Said she will explain anything. Both first (window 26, American lady) and 2nd (window 30, Chinese lady) VO's kept telling her that there was nothing wrong with her. At window 30 she went over and talked to window 26 VO for 3-5 minutes and came back and kept telling her that nothing was wrong with her. Said that an immigration visa is far more complicated than her K3, and there is a big thick book of laws they must follow. She said there is a procedure they must do. Of course my wife being so Chinese began to tell the lady how they need to do all their procedures and checking before they set up the interview with her.

I could go on, but.... They seem to make it sound like some check or procedure was not followed and they must follow the law. The 30 VO said she can send her passport to them in GUZ but that if the passport gets lost it is a big proceedure to correct. Also told her that on a blue slip it takes longer than 2 days to pick it up after visa approved. Maybe a week. Basically it sounds to me like they are telling her that she does not have to return to GUZ. Kept hinting that she does not need to submit anything else. 30 VO seem to hint at letting the CR1 play out rather than AOS on K3.

Wife said they kept her transcripts and the copy of my passport. One thing that they asked in the beginning, before writing on the blue slip, was if I accompanied her to Thailand shortly after our marriage. She said no, which is correct.

I told my wife to not be hasty in making plans. Lets just see if a letter comes soon. She wants a job while she waits :blink: Oh well.

After a long discussion with her about laws and proceedures, wife said she has learned her first great lesson about America. Said she knows how we must follow laws strictly. In China, she says, everything can be negotiated. (I used my job as an example and the strict driving laws........ she got it........, WHEW :D I get hints all the time from Govt people, that can't quite tell you directly.)

I would edit my first post but maybe best to update here. I talked further with her.

Apparently the blue slip started very soon into the interview. She did not know that the blue was bad, hmm. Anyway, after she got turned down she would not leave the window of the first VO and kept asking what was wrong with her. Said she will explain anything. Both first (window 26, American lady) and 2nd (window 30, Chinese lady) VO's kept telling her that there was nothing wrong with her. At window 30 she went over and talked to window 26 VO for 3-5 minutes and came back and kept telling her that nothing was wrong with her. Said that an immigration visa is far more complicated than her K3, and there is a big thick book of laws they must follow. She said there is a procedure they must do. Of course my wife being so Chinese began to tell the lady how they need to do all their procedures and checking before they set up the interview with her.

I could go on, but.... They seem to make it sound like some check or procedure was not followed and they must follow the law. The 30 VO said she can send her passport to them in GUZ but that if the passport gets lost it is a big proceedure to correct. Also told her that on a blue slip it takes longer than 2 days to pick it up after visa approved. Maybe a week. Basically it sounds to me like they are telling her that she does not have to return to GUZ. Kept hinting that she does not need to submit anything else. 30 VO seem to hint at letting the CR1 play out rather than AOS on K3.

Wife said they kept her transcripts and the copy of my passport. One thing that they asked in the beginning, before writing on the blue slip, was if I accompanied her to Thailand shortly after our marriage. She said no, which is correct.

I told my wife to not be hasty in making plans. Lets just see if a letter comes soon. She wants a job while she waits :blink: Oh well.

After a long discussion with her about laws and proceedures, wife said she has learned her first great lesson about America. Said she knows how we must follow laws strictly. In China, she says, everything can be negotiated. (I used my job as an example and the strict driving laws........ she got it........, WHEW :D I get hints all the time from Govt people, that can't quite tell you directly.)

SheLikesME: I know this may sound like a stupid question but!

What do you mean she did not know blue was bad??? :D

Just kidding! :D :D

Sounds like a pink slip there some where soon!!

My wife is the same way.

A beautiful four foot nothing woman that will stand her ground.

Most of the time she will win!! Like i said MOST OF THE TIME???

My wife is the same way.

Hey thanks

She said after the first couple of questions the girl began to write on the blue paper while she still asked more questions. She had no idea that the color of paper meant anything. I guess I never told her. She thinks I waste my time here in CFL :blink: boy is she right, but she would not listen to a thing I learned here either, IF I said I learned it here. She got a bad taste of 001 over a year ago and wanted to hear nothing from either site.

America was such a shock to her that in some ways her and I are talking better than we ever have before. We are finally talking about the diferences between our countries and cultures. I cannot tell you how great that feels to me when it happens now, after trying for so long.

PS: My gosh how she will be ballistic if she ever knew I just posted such stuff on a personal level. She is a good and great lady, but she is not used to being so out of her element. I just hope I can help her through all she will need to transition to here in th egood ol USA.

My wife is the same way.

Hey thanks

She said after the first couple of questions the girl began to write on the blue paper while she still asked more questions. She had no idea that the color of paper meant anything. I guess I never told her. She thinks I waste my time here in CFL :blink: boy is she right, but she would not listen to a thing I learned here either, IF I said I learned it here. She got a bad taste of 001 over a year ago and wanted to hear nothing from either site.

America was such a shock to her that in some ways her and I are talking better than we ever have before. We are finally talking about the diferences between our countries and cultures. I cannot tell you how great that feels to me when it happens now, after trying for so long.

Dude. Sounds GREAT!! I'm looking forward to the day my wife and I can share those time's together.

You and i both know that CFL is NOT a waste of time, This place is GREAT!!

I could understand how the STRESS might have let that BLUE slip thing pass you by!!

I'm at the point now the stress is so great that i sometime's forget my name!! :D

Hang in there buddy, We'll all make it in the long run!!

Just to explain, before my wife and I actually met in person, she had plans to take her then 5 yr old daughter on a package deal with a group of folks from her company to Thailand during some holiday she had in Oct 2005. It was very cheap and a nice resort and she wanted to do something with her daughter. She didn't finally decide until after we met & married, and while I was still there. So I flew back home and she and her daughter went to Thailand for a week or so.

Dude. Sounds GREAT!! I'm looking forward to the day my wife and I can share those time's together.

I could understand how the STRESS might have let that BLUE slip thing pass you by!!

I'm at the point now the stress is so great that i sometime's forget my name!! :blink:

Thanks,

Actually I only felt visa stress leading up to this interview. I just didn't feel right about something. Thus, I was not surprised.

I am relieved now. And this event created a discussion that should help me to convince her about how she should do things here in the USA. She IS a fireball and like in another thread a TIGER in her country. I may yet post that thread I have been thinking about for some time concerning my feelings of removing her from a place where she functions so "seamless" as one person put it. I feel down right guilty about it sometimes. Maybe my stress the past year has been the lack of her understanding where I am coming from on issues. Lack of her belief that things take so long in a lot of stuff I do. That stuff is usually involved in some legal mess like that 2nd house of our now :D

I'm rambling. But this is the night for it.

I'm at the point now the stress is so great that i sometime's forget my name!! :blink:

Thanks,

Actually I only felt visa stress leading up to this interview. I just didn't feel right about something. Thus, I was not surprised.

I am relieved now. And this event created a discussion that should help me to convince her about how she should do things here in the USA. She IS a fireball and like in another thread a TIGER in her country. I may yet post that thread I have been thinking about for some time concerning my feelings of removing her from a place where she functions so "seamless" as one person put it. I feel down right guilty about it sometimes. Maybe my stress the past year has been the lack of her understanding where I am coming from on issues. Lack of her belief that things take so long in a lot of stuff I do. That stuff is usually involved in some legal mess like that 2nd house of our now :D

I'm rambling. But this is the night for it.

Yes, That is what i ment about the stress, P4 anyday now for me!!!

I tell myself, THIS IS REAL!!! :D

I also worry about my wife being in a new world!

But she is strong and she says she will be fine as long as she is with her husband ( ME )

As for two house's!!! We have already been talking about that subject.

One here in the U.S and the othere in China!!! $$$$$$$$$ :( :D :D

My wife got the blue slip in March of 2005 and was told there was nothing wrong with her papers, they just needed more time. They would notify us within 6 months. In May, she received about 3 phone calls, two from Guangzhou exchange, asking for her X. They wanted to know if he was home, if she knew where he lived, etc. Even talked to our daughter about him. At the 3rd, my wife told the lady to stop calling, that she was married to me. Within a week she received a letter inviting her back to the consulate. Coincidence? I think not. We think they had received a letter from a "former" friend of my wife's.

My wife got the blue slip in March of 2005 and was told there was nothing wrong with her papers, they just needed more time. They would notify us within 6 months. In May, she received about 3 phone calls, two from Guangzhou exchange, asking for her X. They wanted to know if he was home, if she knew where he lived, etc. Even talked to our daughter about him. At the 3rd, my wife told the lady to stop calling, that she was married to me. Within a week she received a letter inviting her back to the consulate. Coincidence? I think not. We think they had received a letter from a "former" friend of my wife's.

Thanks for the info. Good thoughts. In fact her ex lives in Shenzhen not so far away from Guz - remarried and has a little 2 yr old boy with 2nd wife. He is aware of the imiigration. He got to visit his daughter this trip and let the 2 kids meet. I told her to get a letter from him. She said he was agreeable to sign anything she wrote up. Now the paternal Grandfather is very close to daughter. Also wife's family worries about her not being Chinese and learning the language. Food for thought. Thanks, and I better get her to get that letter. I told her to let GUZ know that she finished working at her employer, incase trouble there.

Thanks for the nudge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another weird situation with us is the separation. 2 reasons. 1) My job expansion and this legal mess on the 2nd house I never should have taken on. 2) Wife found an MBA course taught near her home right from UTA where I live. She delayed the K3 interview 2 times because of classes and then when she got the K3 she did not come to America until 5 months later, after getting the B2 for daughter. She had to return to China anyway to finish the MBA. I personally fought the school to see if she could finish the courses here if she got her visa sooner than later. It was absolutely NO. So we continually decided to do the CR1 rather than change status here on K3.

Hopefully GUZ will check this out if it is a flag for them.

That or I am blowing smoke up my own vent.

I really feel calm and time to wait and see what the mail will say. There may be more info needed.

Wonder if we can file for work permit if she comes here without change of status? I am too tired. Think I'll go take anap.

Hightall