remove condition on a 2 year GC for K2

hi,

friend of mine came as a K1 then her son came 6 month after. Her GC expire in march 07, her son's GC expire in july 07.

When she filed her removal of condition she included her son on the papers, ... however she is wondering if she need to file a removal of condition for her son as well or is hers joint with her son's ?

hi,

friend of mine came as a K1 then her son came 6 month after. Her GC expire in march 07, her son's GC expire in july 07.

When she filed her removal of condition she included her son on the papers, ... however she is wondering if she need to file a removal of condition for her son as well or is hers joint with her son's ?

I've just been through the same thing. Wifey got her gc in May of 05 but her daughter had to wait 6 months for a name check. I called USCIS/BS to ask-cuzz if they file together there is only one fee and if they file seperate there are two fees. Normally when a k1-k2 files for the 10 year card they do so with one application. BUT, you can not file until it is 90 days or less to the expiration of the GC and you CAN NOT file after the expiration date. If K1 and K2 had expiration dates on the GC that were 89 days or less apart-you can do it. If not they must file seperately. This is all according to USCIS-I called 3 times and talked to several people-all said the same.

So, in our case, although wife and stepdaughters interview was on the same day and both approved, USCIS dropped the ball and forgot to order the stepdaughters name check-thus we waited 6 months for her GC and have to pay the fee twice!

Damn, I'm gettin' pissed again!!!

So how do you fill up the form? the child is not a spouse not a battered child, ... what's the option to check?

and does the sponsor have to sign that one as well ?

or can the mother sign that one?

hi,

I've just been through the same thing. Wifey got her gc in May of 05 but her daughter had to wait 6 months for a name check. I called USCIS/BS to ask-cuzz if they file together there is only one fee and if they file seperate there are two fees. Normally when a k1-k2 files for the 10 year card they do so with one application. BUT, you can not file until it is 90 days or less to the expiration of the GC and you CAN NOT file after the expiration date. If K1 and K2 had expiration dates on the GC that were 89 days or less apart-you can do it. If not they must file seperately. This is all according to USCIS-I called 3 times and talked to several people-all said the same.

So, in our case, although wife and stepdaughters interview was on the same day and both approved, USCIS dropped the ball and forgot to order the stepdaughters name check-thus we waited 6 months for her GC and have to pay the fee twice!

hi,

I've just been through the same thing. Wifey got her gc in May of 05 but her daughter had to wait 6 months for a name check. I called USCIS/BS to ask-cuzz if they file together there is only one fee and if they file separate there are two fees. Normally when a k1-k2 files for the 10 year card they do so with one application. BUT, you can not file until it is 90 days or less to the expiration of the GC and you CAN NOT file after the expiration date. If K1 and K2 had expiration dates on the GC that were 89 days or less apart-you can do it. If not they must file seperately. This is all according to USCIS-I called 3 times and talked to several people-all said the same.

So how do you fill up the form? the child is not a spouse not a battered child, ... what's the option to check?

and does the sponsor have to sign that one as well ?

or can the mother sign that one?

You would check Part 2b:

I am a child who entered as a conditional permanent resident and I am unable to be included in a joint petition to remove the conditional basis of are alien's permanent residence (Form I-751) filed by my parent(s).

Based on the instructions a cover letter may be needed to accompany the form explaining why the petitions were not filed together, but the child must sign unless they are too young and then the parent can sign on their behalf.

A suggestion if filing separately would be to have the USC list them self as preparing the form.

Settle in for a long wait Trigg. Bing and I filed hers Oct 1 and it is still sitting at the NSC. They are processing petitions for August 19. I presume you had to file through TSC. They are processing I-751 for August 23rd.

Settle in for a long wait Trigg. Bing and I filed hers Oct 1 and it is still sitting at the NSC. They are processing petitions for August 19. I presume you had to file through TSC. They are processing I-751 for August 23rd.

Long waits and USCIS seem to go hand in hand. The only question is how can she travel after her 2 year GC expires and the 10 year thing is in USCIS limbo???

Long waits and USCIS seem to go hand in hand. The only question is how can she travel after her 2 year GC expires and the 10 year thing is in USCIS limbo???

The receipt for filing includes a one year extension of her current card.

HUH??? I was supposed to keep the receipt??

The receipt for filing includes a one year extension of her current card.

HUH??? I was supposed to keep the receipt??

There is another mistake I wont make thanks to you :rolleyes: Keep the info coming guys. I'm taking notes.

Ok if they are running so far behind on the I-175s does that mean it is possible to apply for citizenship before the ROC is issued?

Eligible for citizenship 3 yrs from the date of the GC.

SOoooooooo, WTF is and I-175?? Does ya means I-171????????

OOooops :rolleyes:

Ok if they are running so far behind on the I-175s does that mean it is possible to apply for citizenship before the ROC is issued?

Eligible for citizenship 3 yrs from the date of the GC.

SOoooooooo, WTF is and I-175?? Does ya means I-171????????

OOooops :blush:

Damned goat boy!! I scoured the USCIS website for the now infamous I-175s. IT DOES NOT EXIST!! Unless, of course, it is in the ASPCA website under goat visa's!!!

The NOA she received that says they got the I-751 is her current green card. Guard it with your life since that is the only documentation she has that she is legally in this country after her 2 year GC expires. She can travel on that if she needs to. I doubt they would let her into Canada or Mexico on it though. She would probably need a visa.