This weekend I've decided to go through my home and try to figure out what to take with me to America. My question is a silly one I know, but I don't know who else to ask. Do any of you know if there is a limit to the number of bags, boxes and containers I can take with me? A friend of mine said she thought I could take only two or three pieces of luggage with me. If this is so, can I pay extra if I have more? Can anyone tell me what's the best way for me to get my things to America?

Thank you so very much!

:rolleyes:

Guest enight

hi Rose, I came with 2 big suitcases (32kg each), one carry on (20kg), and a backpag (15kg) when checked in Shanghai Pudong Airport.

usually they won't weight your carry on and your backpag.

Each Airline has different rules about carry on. Check first. If you are bring things you don't need right away, the cheapest way would be to mail them by slow boat and it can take 2 to 4 months to arrive. Don't ship big boxes, if you don't have big items, better to ship many small boxes. :(

Although I just filed my I129 and the much awaited date is far off. The previous post made me curious about what options are available for bringing our loved ones belongings here. I am sure she will have much more than what is allowed in her luggage lol. A lifetime of memories attached to each belonging. I can only imagine the struggle over what to keep and what to leave behind forever

Carl