• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BELIEVE IT OR NOT: I sent an email to GZ to ask about the status since his interview was in January. The response I received wants me to send them (via snail mail or, fax) confirmation of my email identity........lol Let me see if I can do a copy/paste here.

"Please be advised that we are unable to distinguish whether you are the

petitioner based on the email account you are using. Therefore, in

order to protect the beneficiary and the petitioner, we suggest you to

mail or fax us your inquiry with your signature, mailing address, the

zip code and your contact phone number. We will reply to your inquiry

by mail after making sure you are the petitioner.

Our fax number is 86-20-38844412 and the mailing address is #1, Shamian

South Street, Shamian Island, Guangzhou 510133."

Same email address I've used with them for the past 4 & 1/2 years and they don't recognize it?

Murphy's law strikes again, huh?

BELIEVE IT OR NOT: I sent an email to GZ to ask about the status since his interview was in January. The response I received wants me to send them (via snail mail or, fax) confirmation of my email identity........lol Let me see if I can do a copy/paste here.

Same email address I've used with them for the past 4 & 1/2 years and they don't recognize it?

Apparently you beat them so bad in the last round that the secretary has disavowed any knowledge of you. :)

Apparently you beat them so bad in the last round that the secretary has disavowed any knowledge of you. :(

I like your idea! It's very possible that there is some validity to your thoughts........lol

Apparently you beat them so bad in the last round that the secretary has disavowed any knowledge of you. :D

I like your idea! It's very possible that there is some validity to your thoughts........lol

You accepted the mission, listen to the tape again.... Oh, I forgot it self distructed. :lol:

Ok, this is the newest response:

Dear Mr. Fields,

Please be advised that this case is still under administrative

processing. We are unable to predict when it will be finished. But

rest assured that we will contact *** immediately by mail once the

case is ready for continued processing.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

Anybody care to translate that one?

Edited by dcwfn (see edit history)

Ok, this is the newest response:

Dear Mr. Fields,

Please be advised that this case is still under administrative

processing. We are unable to predict when it will be finished. But

rest assured that we will contact *** immediately by mail once the

case is ready for continued processing.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

Anybody care to translate that one?

As I have 30 some of those responces from GUZ during 8 1/2 months of an administrative review, I will be vey happy to translate that for ya.

"Please be advised that we aren't doing jack shit with this case right now. We are unable to predict when we will be finished jacking around with your life. But rest assured that we will contact *** immediately by mail once someone has actually done something with the case and we are ready for continued processing. "

tsap seui

Looks like they left off the part where they say.... "We apologize for the inconvenience associated with this process."

I always find that part heart warming and very touching. :hug:

"We are unable to predict when we will be finished jacking around with your life. But rest assured that we will contact *** immediately by mail once someone has actually done something with the case and we are ready for continued processing. "

I like that translation......lmao I couldn't have said it any better myself! :) "Gitcha popcorn ready"!

• 4 weeks later...

THE VERDICT IS IN!:

Yesterday we received the news we've all been interested to hear the results of. I have in my hand a letter that is/was dated; 04/24/2008.

Obviously it has both Chinese and English translation. Not a terribly long letter at all . More like a form type with different items that may or may not be checked off. At the top of the letter in bold letters it says:

"Call-in Letter"

"This letter (as indicated by an "X" below) implies one of the following three possible results for your visa application. (Chinese translation)

X Congratulations! Your immigrant (or K) visa application has been approved, we now only require the passports(s) of the approved applicant(s) for printing. (Chinese translation)"

Does this mean we can celebrate now? Or, should we wait until I/we see our son when he gets off the plane here in Richmond?......lol

THE VERDICT IS IN!:

Yesterday we received the news we've all been interested to hear the results of. I have in my hand a letter that is/was dated; 04/24/2008.

Obviously it has both Chinese and English translation. Not a terribly long letter at all . More like a form type with different items that may or may not be checked off. At the top of the letter in bold letters it says:

"Call-in Letter"

"This letter (as indicated by an "X" below) implies one of the following three possible results for your visa application. (Chinese translation)

X Congratulations! Your immigrant (or K) visa application has been approved, we now only require the passports(s) of the approved applicant(s) for printing. (Chinese translation)"

Does this mean we can celebrate now? Or, should we wait until I/we see our son when he gets off the plane here in Richmond?......lol

Celebrate now! Congratulations!

THE VERDICT IS IN!:

"Call-in Letter"

Let's go for some celebration, but wait until he has the visa in his passport before getting too carried away.

No use jinxing things in the final minutes.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)