I am facing a dilemma

As some of you know, my former SO got cold feet at the 11th hour. It was too big challenge for. She was Director/Controller of a bank. She held a fairly high position in the party. She had a lot to give up and her future was promising. She looked and found the smallest things to worry about and turn them into red flags, in her mind. In the end, I understood that I can never lose what I truly never had.

Give her space? Yes. That means no emails. No phone calls. No correspondence for a few days. Tough to do after being conditioned doing it for so long, but you've got to let her breath and think things through. It's her call not yours. And, no amount of pleading and cajoling is going to change her mind, especially after this long of time together.

Just my very humble opinion...

Good luck and stay strong.

she already said she wants to be friends and split, you think she might come back to me after giving her some space?

what is SO? and did you run into problems with her Dennis?

so significant other, by bhe by I have a wife not a so :D

Seems to me that she's already made up her mind. You can give her all the space you want, but based on any relationship with any woman, when they say they want to be only "friends", they generally mean exactly that. As a man you're expecting her to act like we would act in a similar situation, but women don't think that way.... No matter how hard it'll be for you, it's time to move on. Going back to China won't make it better and you'll just be wasting your time and money. In the end, you'll be much better off finding someone who's completely committed to you and moving to the U.S. to be with you will be at the top of their list of thing they want to do. An old saying holds true... "If in doubt, don't."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic