Getting visa mailed and a few other things

trickyspark

My wife is staying at Mr. Yang's now. I have a few questions about what she was told there.

Her interview is at 7:15 am on the 21st. He told her people in the morning interviews usually fail due to the VO being grumpy.

He told her if she gets the visa she has to wait in GZ for it to be mailed. I thought she could have it mailed to her home. She says Yang told her he can foward it to her home for a fee.

He told her she didn't need to worry about getting in line until 7:00.

I was under the impression that dozens of people show up. Shouldn't she get that at 6am just to be on the safe side?

She also says the room doesn't look anything like the picture on the site.

My Yu's interview was in the morning and she had no problems at all, the interviewer was quite pleasant. Interviews fail because of other things, not because of the VO's mood.

As for mailing, GUZ will send it anywhere within Guangdong province, but not outside the province.

Yes he is correct about the line, wait until 7:00 then get in the line, they move people through it quite quickly, and by about 7:45 everyone is in the building.

Yes the apartments vary quite allot, ours was quite plain, we did visit Hankster in another of Mr. Yang's apartments and it was much better. For the money, the room was fine by me, it was a bed and place to prepare for the interview.

Between ACH and coming back for the interview, we stayed in 2 different rooms and also visited Dan and Yu's room.

All were different, but adequate.

We got in line at 6:15 which was a mistake. Get in line at 7:00 and you'll be fine.

Hank

Edit: Our visa didn't show up at the Guangzhou Post Office until the 3rd morning after the interview. Same for another couple we met after the interview. Be prepared for this.

Edited by hankster (see edit history)

Between ACH and coming back for the interview, we stayed in 2 different rooms and also visited Dan and Yu's room.

All were different, but adequate.

We got in line at 6:15 which was a mistake. Get in line at 7:00 and you'll be fine.

Hank

Edit: Our visa didn't show up at the Guangzhou Post Office until the 3rd morning after the interview. Same for another couple we met after the interview. Be prepared for this.

Ok, good to hear. I will let her know.

Her interview is at 7:15 am on the 21st. He told her people in the morning interviews usually fail due to the VO being grumpy.

I've heard about this 'early bird' denial for two years... but just don't see it consistently true... seems to be mentioned among the chinese SOs more than here on CFL.

Our interview letter also says 7:15. Based upon other things I've read here, I assume this is just a generic time assigned to everyone? If not, I would think arriving at 7:00 and waiting in line (even a fast one) could cause one to get up to the 5th floor a little past 7:15.......

Can someone please clarify? Thanks.

Hankster,

For those of us who's SOs may require one of the "nicer" rooms, is there a secret to getting one? Or is it just a case of the obvious: the higher the price, the higher the quality?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

The "nicer" apartment where Dan and Yu visited us was sub-contracted to Mr. Yang by another apartment owner in the building because Mr. Yang was full that night. The other nights we moved in to one of Mr. Yang's 3 bedroom apts. At Mr. Yang's I think the only difference in price is set by the number of bedrooms not the quality, but I'm not sure about this.

Our interview letter also says 7:15. Based upon other things I've read here, I assume this is just a generic time assigned to everyone? If not, I would think arriving at 7:00 and waiting in line (even a fast one) could cause one to get up to the 5th floor a little past 7:15.......

I just asked Lao po. She said, "all the people after, ok on five floor."

I think 7:15 is on everyone's letter. I remember that at 6:45 that morning I was coming back to the line from the 7-11 and I only had to go past maybe 10 or 12 people to get back to Lao po.

I've heard about this 'early bird' denial for two years... but just don't see it consistently true... seems to be mentioned among the chinese SOs more than here on CFL.

Everyones letter says 7:15, when they get in the building they are given numbers and the numbers get called in order.

Hankster,

For those of us who's SOs may require one of the "nicer" rooms, is there a secret to getting one? Or is it just a case of the obvious: the higher the price, the higher the quality?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

The "nicer" apartment where Dan and Yu visited us was sub-contracted to Mr. Yang by another apartment owner in the building because Mr. Yang was full that night. The other nights we moved in to one of Mr. Yang's 3 bedroom apts. At Mr. Yang's I think the only difference in price is set by the number of bedrooms not the quality, but I'm not sure about this.

Thanks Hank,

That's good info. I had heard nothing but good things about Mr. Yang's place so the comment about the inferior room surprised me.

Your explanation clears that up.

Everyones letter says 7:15, when they get in the building they are given numbers and the numbers get called in order.

They will give 2 or 3 different times (say 7:15, 7:45, and 8:15) on the interview letter. This simply determines which of the lines you get into outside.

If you have a letter for that day, you will be admitted. However, they close up shop after awhile (say around 11) and don't admit anyone else.

So if you need to run back to your hotel room for something you forgot, you have a little time. But it's better to let your SO go on in, and you can bring it to her on the fifth floor.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)