Dress Code

aclassic

Would I look out of place wearing shorts in GUZ or should I stick with jeans and casual slacks? I like to wear shorts but don't want to look out of place. :lol:

Hahaha... Don't take offense to what I'm about to say, but you--as a lao wei--will look out of place no matter what in GZ. :lol: Shorts will be fine for walking around or touring. But shorts may not be the best idea if you're going to have dinner with your SO's in-laws.

Save the slacks for dinner. Shorts will be fine walking around.

Would I look out of place wearing shorts in GUZ or should I stick with jeans and casual slacks? I like to wear shorts but don't want to look out of place. :lol:

Hahaha... Don't take offense to what I'm about to say, but you--as a lao wei--will look out of place no matter what in GZ. :lol: Shorts will be fine for walking around or touring. But shorts may not be the best idea if you're going to have dinner with your SO's in-laws.

Save the slacks for dinner. Shorts will be fine walking around.

I figured I would look out of plac anyway. I just don't want to make matters worse. :P :lol: :lol:

Just stick your head out the door and see what is walking by. Then follow their lead.

I've just returned from China with my SO in my arms :D

For normal days and evenings, dress causally - jeans or khakis. Nice tee-shirts or collar-shirts.

If you are going to attend the Friday ACH, I recommend wearing business causal. I personally put on a nice black dress pants with oxford shoes, long sleeves shirt with a sharp looking tie. IMO, you want to give the VO a good impression of you.

Also, for your SO's interview dress code, the first impression is vital. The day before my SO's interview, we shopped around in Guangzhou and I purchase a 3 piece business casual suit for her. In addition, ask your SO not to wear fancy earrings and/or carry branded handbag; after all, she is attending an interview, not a fashion show! Anyways, that's my opinion...it worked extremely well for my SO and she received the approval after only 10 questions.

Wear the jeans.

I'm with Randy on this one !!! Wear the Jeans !!!

Only guys from the 'Bay-Area/Silicon Valley' wear shorts !! :P :P

Good tips! Business casual sounds good for the ACH. Don't know about the long sleeve shirt. I understand it gets pretty hot and sticky in GUZ

Just stick your head out the door and see what is walking by. Then follow their lead.

I've just returned from China with my SO in my arms :wacko:

For normal days and evenings, dress causally - jeans or khakis. Nice tee-shirts or collar-shirts.

If you are going to attend the Friday ACH, I recommend wearing business causal. I personally put on a nice black dress pants with oxford shoes, long sleeves shirt with a sharp looking tie. IMO, you want to give the VO a good impression of you.

Also, for your SO's interview dress code, the first impression is vital. The day before my SO's interview, we shopped around in Guangzhou and I purchase a 3 piece business casual suit for her. In addition, ask your SO not to wear fancy earrings and/or carry branded handbag; after all, she is attending an interview, not a fashion show! Anyways, that's my opinion...it worked extremely well for my SO and she received the approval after only 10 questions.