Internet Dating or In Person Meeting

Out of curiosity, is there any data here on CFL, anecdotal or not, that shows the success rate of marriages (say, 5 years are more) of those who met via the Internet as opposed to those who met through more traditional dating channels (i.e., school, work assignments, vacations, etc.)?

As aye,

Jim

most of us here are internet dating.. but with a second level to it: cross-cultural... so not sure if your looking cross-cultural or just dating in general (web vs non-web). I think it's an interesting issue.

i've read that cross-cultural marriages last longer... but this is only one level.. not by how they meet..

I had a job working and living in Shenzhen, China for a year.

That is how I met my S.O.

I will tell you how happy we are in 5 years. :)

Lifted from the USCIS site:

Impact on U.S. Marriages

According to data supplied by the U.S. Census Bureau, there were 2,395,000 marriages in the U.S. in the 12 months ending June, 1997 (and 1,154,000 divorces in the same period). The 4,000 to 6,000 marriages involving international services represent, then, a tiny portion (.021 percent) of the women who marry U.S. men.

It is interesting to note that, based largely on data provided by the agencies themselves (along with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas report cited above), marriages arranged through these services would appear to have a lower divorce rate than the nation as a whole, fully 80 percent of these marriages having lasted over the years for which reports are available.

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

Out of curiosity, is there any data here on CFL, anecdotal or not, that shows the success rate of marriages (say, 5 years are more) of those who met via the Internet as opposed to those who met through more traditional dating channels (i.e., school, work assignments, vacations, etc.)?

As aye,

Jim

I guess internet dating was very rare five years ago. :)

8 years ago I dated my first chinese girlfriend and we used a fax machine then like I am using the internet today. I believe very few chinese had access to computers like they do today. My exgirlfriend was fairly well off and I think she would have owned one if it had been not too expensive

I wonder if all internet meetings are better, even American to American. I knd of like getting to know a person this way.

Somehow that SPARK comes through for many of us, just like 2 strangers turning to each other in a crowded room, and taking off from there. I am amazed that it happened that way for us.