AOS Vaccination's

I called and argued with 4 different C.S. who each wanted a $600 deposit and then????? Finally I found one who said $335 IF they have to do a full examination. We made an appointment. When we arrived they said, "That'll be $335 please." I argued they didn't need a whole exam. They countered that they would refund if the whole exam wasn't necessary but they needed to check her vaccinations first. Next they did the exam anyway, then gave her the vaccinations. We came back in two days and picked up a sealed envelope and an additional copy for us.

Since they have to do some paperwork and meet certain requirements to be a C.S., I am certain they all know full well what the law requires. But they know they are in a buyer's market so they can establish any requirements on top of the .gov regulations they damn well please.

They ripped you my friend, the C.S. probbably knew the rule but assumed you did not, and got you, that is $$ that could have been used for AOS fee.

I called one, and the receptionist did not understand K-1 and insisted on full medical, so I then called another, they said stop by with papers, and they will let me know, they were not far from work so I visited during lunch, with the directions from form I-485 with me, and they then understood, and quoted $35 to transfer the vaccinations from the yellow book to the vaccination supplement. It helps to have the I-485 directions so that they understand what is needed and required by the USCIS.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my vaccination shots couple of days ago since I didn't have it in China. The civil surgeon only gave me 2 shots which are MMR AND TD, but for Varicella , he said if I had the disease when I was little already, it is not necessary to take the shot now.

When I read this thread I noticed that someone mentioned about Hapatitis B, is it required for K1? the doctor didn't mention that shot. By the way, the dr gave me an orange colored file evenlope after I had done the shots and I don't really know what's inside. Is that what it looks like for the AOS?

I got my vaccination shots couple of days ago since I didn't have it in China. The civil surgeon only gave me 2 shots which are MMR AND TD, but for Varicella , he said if I had the disease when I was little already, it is not necessary to take the shot now.

When I read this thread I noticed that someone mentioned about Hapatitis B, is it required for K1? the doctor didn't mention that shot. By the way, the dr gave me an orange colored file evenlope after I had done the shots and I don't really know what's inside. Is that what it looks like for the AOS?

No, you don't need that shot. As long as the CS marked off the three on the paper (MMR, TD, Varicella), your fine. They are required to give you a copy; if you didn't get one, I would request one. You will submit the sealed envelope with your AOS petition (I-485).

They ripped you my friend, the C.S. probbably knew the rule but assumed you did not, and got you, that is $$ that could have been used for AOS fee.

I called one, and the receptionist did not understand K-1 and insisted on full medical, so I then called another, they said stop by with papers, and they will let me know, they were not far from work so I visited during lunch, with the directions from form I-485 with me, and they then understood, and quoted $35 to transfer the vaccinations from the yellow book to the vaccination supplement. It helps to have the I-485 directions so that they understand what is needed and required by the USCIS.

The I-485 instructions say you don't need a physical for K-1 or K-2. I'm hoping this also applies to K-3/K-4?

The I-485 instructions say you don't need a physical for K-1 or K-2. I'm hoping this also applies to K-3/K-4?

The doctor yesterday I visited just transfered Yu's vaccination information from the little yellow book to the vaccination supplement and put it in a sealed envelope, I just pointed out the fiancee k-1/k-2 section of the instructions, he did not look at the visa, just the I-485 instructions.

The K-3 is a modified K-1. You can show him the red book showing physical exam being done in China for the interview, as well claim the same status as K-1, just show the doctor the I-485 instructions and highlight the section under fiancee visa, and leave it at that.

Let us know who it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. For the folks who got their immunization shots here in the US at a CS, could you please disclose how much you paid to get the required shots for your wives? I'm still quite confused as to what is an appropriate price range for these shots. Thanks!

You can pretty much much use what we paid for her son as an upper limit - it was around $150 at the civil surgeon who had transcribed Jiaying's yellow book for only $10

Hi. For the folks who got their immunization shots here in the US at a CS, could you please disclose how much you paid to get the required shots for your wives? I'm still quite confused as to what is an appropriate price range for these shots. Thanks!

You can pretty much much use what we paid for her son as an upper limit - it was around $150 at the civil surgeon who had transcribed Jiaying's yellow book for only $10

Wow! That sounds cheap. Having read other posts, I was bracing for $200-300 as reasonable and the upper limit around $600. I'd be perfectly happy with $150 to get the shots and the I693 filled out.

Does this $150 range work in the San Francisco bay area as well? Or only in Texas? :lol:

$208.00 for the 3 shots and he/she signed off on the supplement form for free. :lol:

That is the going rate here. I checked 3 different places. Even the country health department quoted the same prices. About $200 give or take.

Also got the sealed envelope which I will attach to the I-485 I assume.

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)

$208.00 for the 3 shots and he/she signed off on the supplement form for free. :lol:

That is the going rate here. I checked 3 different places. Even the country health department quoted the same prices. About $200 give or take.

Ok. ~$200 is ok with me. Thanks for adding your feedback.

Wow! That sounds cheap. Having read other posts, I was bracing for $200-300 as reasonable and the upper limit around $600. I'd be perfectly happy with $150 to get the shots and the I693 filled out.

Does this $150 range work in the San Francisco bay area as well? Or only in Texas? :lol:

Go to your personal doctor and get the shots done there, the fee to transfer the shot record to a supplement should be no more than 30-50.

Our case was $35 to transfer the shot record from the yellow book to I-693A supplement.