Bath towel, face towel

My Chinese SO likes small thin towels (face or bath). I like thick large towels. She has a hard time finding ones here in USA. Does your Chinese SOs like small thin towels? Maybe it is a Chinese thing?

The thin towels, yes! And the more it sheds the better. :P I tried to get her to let me buy one that is in better shape but she is set on using that one until it disappears in her hands one day. My hair brush was covered in that stupid towel's lent. B) She's in for a big surprise when she comes here to see all of my Big, Fluffy, Bear Fur (thick) towels. :P In Meiguo, "The bigger the better!" :drunk:

Yea, when I took a shower in her apartment I couldn't believe she only offered me a small face cloth to dry my entire body. When we stayed in a hotel she wouldn't use the regular size bath towels. Many consumer items in China are scaled down or abbreviated compared to ours.

My Chinese SO likes small thin towels (face or bath). I like thick large towels. She has a hard time finding ones here in USA. Does your Chinese SOs like small thin towels? Maybe it is a Chinese thing?

We use dryers here to dry thick cotton towels, even when it's pouring outside. In China, they don't use dryers. The smaller and thinner the towel, the faster it dries.

That being said, my SO loved the thick towels I had in China. I did have washers with dryer function when I lived in Shanghai, so drying laundry was never a problem, even when it was pouring outside.

When in China at her place after marriage I went to the store and bought the biggest I could find for myself, but it was also thin. I may have got 2 or 3 of them. Wife sorta told me I should not have spent the money but they used them and I had to use an old one on 2nd trip.

What she REALLY liked was the THICK towel like bath robe in the Holiday Inn in Beijing we stayed at. I cannot find a thick robe like this in the states. Any suggestions other than a hotel?

Tonado I have no idea where to buy those thin towels except try your local auto parts store when a bag of fresh white towels are on sale. I think 12 per pack. They are thinner and about hand towel size. WalMart has them on sale from time to time in the auto section. I think Auto Zone as well. The price is high when not on sale. When low it is too hard to resist.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)

I thought it was more of a price thing.

When in China, she used what I would call a large thin facecloth. However here in America, she always uses the big thick towels.

Could it be price? Depending on ones financial circumstances, I can understand the Chinese using something small......because a face cloth is obviously cheaper and more affordable than a large thick towel.

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

I thought it was more of a price thing.

When in China, she used what I would call a large thin facecloth. However here in America, she always uses the big thick towels.

Could it be price? Depending on ones financial circumstances, I can understand the Chinese using something small......because a face cloth is obviously cheaper and more affordable than a large thick towel.

In the hot humid south of China, a thick towel gets stinky in a day or two because it never gets dry. Unless you have a clothes dryer you'll be washing your towel quite often and it's never dry.

My wife is very happy with the thick towels and clothes dryer but does not like the idea of using hotel towels. She still uses the face cloths she brought from China but only for her face.

In the hot humid south of China, a thick towel gets stinky in a day or two because it never gets dry. Unless you have a clothes dryer you'll be washing your towel quite often and it's never dry.

My wife is very happy with the thick towels and clothes dryer but does not like the idea of using hotel towels. She still uses the face cloths she brought from China but only for her face.

This is true in Texas, also. I buy some fairly thin towels at Sam's that manage to dry out between showers.

Also, the thinner (and older) towels have less lint if you wear contacts.

This is true in Texas, also. I buy some fairly thin towels at Sam's that manage to dry out between showers.

Also, the thinner (and older) towels have less lint if you wear contacts.

When I lived in Dallas, I always ran the air conditioner enough the indoor humidity was never a problem. Thick towels never got stinky.