Designated Civil Surgeons

I just called 2 different Civil Surgeons in the same town (Cherry Hill, NJ) and received 2 drastically different Fee quotes; $340 & $430. These are both for the same exact procedures and include the Immunization shots.

I guess I am naive, I thought these were government regulated... but apparently it is really up to the Doctors themselves to set the Fees, not the USCIS.

This started out as a bitch session, but I'll change it to a 'buyer beware' infomercial...

Do yourself a favor and call all the different Civil Surgeons in your area to find the best deal!! :ph34r:

Steve

How about $150 with shots and $10 without?

I'm all for it!! Almost worth the drive out to you! :ph34r:

How about $150 with shots and $10 without?

OK, down to $290 for Camden, NJ... of course the chance of mugging or jack-jacking is not included in that! :ph34r:

You can get the shots, often at no cost, at a public health clinic. Theyw ill give you documentation, but not the supplement needed by USCIS

You then need to do some telephone shopping to find the civil surgeon that will accept the clinic documentation and fill out the supplement at a low price. I think I called six before I found a reasonable one.

If she has evidence of a documented physical (I think it must be less than one year old) in her file then all you need is the supplement, despite what a money grubbing civil surgeon might tell you.