Blue Slip="Overcome"?

TootTaLu

1)

I am a "disabled" American born citizen,receiving benefits and not working.

Given the above, your benefits would be your income on the I-134.

You might as well prepare one in case it's one of the next things they ask for. Right now, you haven't made enough information available to even speculate on why the case needed additional review but it does not seem to be about finances or bonafide relationship, yet. Most likely it is something to do with her personal history, yours or both.

I am disabled too. You will need to show proof that you are receiving benefits. Supply the Social Security Benefit letter you get every year showing your benefit amount. Since we do not have tax returns to supply, this is what you will need. IF THEY ASK. David is right. You never give anything they do not ask for. Never volunteer any information!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)

I am a "disabled" American born citizen,receiving benefits and not working.

Given the above, your benefits would be your income on the I-134.

You might as well prepare one in case it's one of the next things they ask for. Right now, you haven't made enough information available to even speculate on why the case needed additional review but it does not seem to be about finances or bonafide relationship, yet. Most likely it is something to do with her personal history, yours or both.

I am disabled too. You will need to show proof that you are receiving benefits. Supply the Social Security Benefit letter you get every year showing your benefit amount. Since we do not have tax returns to supply, this is what you will need. IF THEY ASK. David is right. You never give anything they do not ask for. Never volunteer any information!

My new plan of action is:

1)Prepare,sign and notarize an I-134 in MY NAME ,even if it is "full of zeros",or I will write on it the amount of my "disabled benefits" and give a copy of my "Social Security Benefit Letter".

I am in posession of my "Social Security Benefit Letter",but it is 10 months old.

Should I have my parent to FAX an updated "Social Security Benefit Letter" to me here in China,or may I submit the 10 month old one (It will probably be more than 12 months old by the time we have our next appointment in GuangZhou)?

2)Prepare ,sign and notarize an I-864,myself being "sponsor" and my parent being "household member".

I understand that the I-186 may not be accepted by GuangZhou,but I will prepare one anyway,because its cheap.

My parent made I-134 in APRIL 2005.

How long until this expires?

I have an I-134 I made in my name,all blank,except I signed and notarized it in America SEPTEMBER 2004.

If it has expired,and I need to make a new updated one,is it EASY for me to get this notarized in GuangZhou?

Do I need to make an appointment to have things "notarized" in GuangZhou,or can I just "walk in"?

Edited by Threadbare (see edit history)

2)Prepare ,sign and notarize an I-186,myself being "sponsor" and my parent being "household member".

I understand that the I-186 may not be accepted by GuangZhou,but I will prepare one anyway,because its cheap.

I have an I-134 I made in my name,all blank,except I signed and notarized it in America SEPTEMBER 2004.

If it has expired,and I need to make a new updated one,is it EASY for me to get this notarized in GuangZhou?

No, you needn't bother with the I-864. I believe by law they cannot accept/require/ask for a K-1 visa petitioner to supply the I-864, only I-134. So if you want to prepare, prepare an I-134.

Request a new letter of income from the SSA. 10-12 months is too old.

You need a newer notarized I-134. Yes, you can get it notarized at GUZ for free.

2)Prepare ,sign and notarize an I-186,myself being "sponsor" and my parent being "household member".

No, you needn't bother with the I-864. I believe by law they cannot accept/require/ask for a K-1 visa petitioner to supply the I-864, only I-134. So if you want to prepare, prepare an I-134.

You need a newer notarized I-134. Yes, you can get it notarized at GUZ for free.

Also get a fresh I-134 from your parents.

You don't need to put any figures in for assets etc. after putting your income in your own I-134. It won't help or hurt. Your SSD...IS...your income.

Also get a fresh I-134 from your parents.

You don't need to put any figures in for assets etc. after putting your income in your own I-134. It won't help or hurt. Your SSD...IS...your income.

OK,Im on it!

1)New updated "copy/fax" of my "Social Security Benefit Letter".

2)New fresh "ORIGINAL" signed/notarized I-134 from my parent in America.

3)Fill out and notarize,here in China, an "I-134" ,for myself,and include my "Social Security Benefit" as my "income".

4)Obtain an "ORIGINAL" signed/notarized "I-864" from my parent in America,then sign/notarize it myself here in China,just to be prepared,even though I probably can not make any use of it.

items 1-3 are all should do.

Don't give the consulate (#4) an item that their manuals say they CANNOT accept for K# cases... it shows that you don't know the process by submitting it.

Show them you understand the process (you're submitting a I-134 from the primary sponsor since you realized you didn't give one with the joint sponsor one). JMO...

Good luck :)

• 2 months later...

When you turned in the requested paperwork, this was 'overcome evidence'.

The second slip is notice of administrative review or administrative processing.. either way, they are not asking for anything more from you; they're basically saying, "don't call us, we'll call you"..

I would guess that since the certificates were not valid at their submission, they now want time to review them and the case (??).

Here's one link on admin review...

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

LETTER ARRIVED FROM GUANGZHOU!!!

December 2006,we received our most recent Blue Slip,only telling us to go home and wait,but it DID NOT request we gather any more Overcome Materials.

10 days ago we emailed GuangZhou "When is my next appointment?",and about one week ago they replied "Please keep waiting,we will contact you when we are good and ready..."

Well,3 days ago a letter arrived to my Fiance's village home,but she will not go and pick it up (1 hour bus ride)for another 2 days B) ,and nobody there can read English.

I am in Beijing today,so I cant go get the letter myself.

I ASSUME the letter will tell us that we have another appointment in GuangZhou in June?????

IF THEY REJECT the Fiance Visa,"White Slip",would they notify us in this letter?

IF THEY APPROVE the Fiance Visa,"Pink Slip",would they notify us in this letter?

If they want more Overcome Materials,"Blue Slip",would they notify us in this letter?

I have been in China 20 months,unemployed,officially "Disabled" status,collecting a monthly benefit.

I have NOT given them an I-134,BUT MY PARENT gave them an I-134.

My parent's I-134 EXPIRED in April 2007,

but my parent sent a NEW I-134,notarized April 2007,but we have not handed it in to GuangZhou.

I WILL fill out and notarize my own I-134 in GuangZhou before my Fiance goes to another US Consulate appointment.

I WILL attend American Citizen's Hour BEFORE my Fiance goes to another US Consulate appointment.

I dont believe my Fiance will receive the Fiance Visa.

I believe at best we will receive another Blue Slip,or a White Slip :( .

Edited by Threadbare (see edit history)

Why assume the worst?

Because Im a low life backpacking no money

using mommy's I-134 BAD LAOWAI.

(Dont worry sweetie.Well have your visa in a fortnight (7 to 11 months)and be off to America in no time.

NOT!!!

Were at 20 months and counting.)

Just a thought, How are you going to support her when she does get here? :)

Why assume the worst?

Because Im a low life backpacking no money

using mommy's I-134 BAD LAOWAI.

(Dont worry sweetie.Well have your visa in a fortnight (7 to 11 months)and be off to America in no time.

NOT!!!

Were at 20 months and counting.)

Just a thought, How are you going to support her when she does get here? :lol:

Huh?

Oh THAT.

I really think things are going to be great when we arrive in America,really.

The problem is demonstrating that to the US officials at the consulate in GuangZhou.

Im really worried because Ive stayed in China the whole time,20 months,so its obvious that I have no job or paid any taxes.

In America,I plan to work for a tree trimming company,or build houses or paint.

Its very easy to start that kind of job and get the money coming in quickly.

Its pretty good money,tree service and construction.

I want my fiance to go to community college and take a part time job so she can buy her personal items and send money to China to pay for her young son's schooling.

I will not expect her to contribute to rent or food or transportation.

I will pay for all of that.