Blue Slip="Overcome"?

TootTaLu

"Notice Of Revocation"?

Must we be present in Guangzhou to receive "Notice Of Revocation",or will they do that by sending a letter?

How do they notify us if the visa is finally "refused"?

Will GZ send a letter to my fiance's address in China to notify that the visa has been refused?

Must we go to the Consulate in Guangzhou to be refused the visa in person?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Notice Of Revocation"?

Must we be present in Guangzhou to receive "Notice Of Revocation",or will they do that by sending a letter?

Will GZ send a letter to my fiance's address in China to notify that the visa has been refused?

The notice you mention is called "Notice of Intention to Deny" (NOID)

Its delivery will depend on the circumstances at hand. If you have turned in overcome evidence in person and told to pick up results at the post office in two days, the NOID could be in the package with your SO's passport. In a case where you've been told they'll contact you when they are ready, it is possible you could receive one by mail.

For your case an if an NOID is the next event, it would most likely be mailed. I take it they don't have your SO's passport at this time.

"Notice Of Revocation"?

Its delivery will depend on the circumstances at hand. If you have turned in overcome evidence in person and told to pick up results at the post office in two days, the NOID could be in the package with your SO's passport. In a case where you've been told they'll contact you when they are ready, it is possible you could receive one by mail.

For your case an if an NOID is the next event, it would most likely be mailed. I take it they don't have your SO's passport at this time.

In Decemder 2006,we handed over the Chinese passport and all of the overcome materials.

Two days later,in person,they returned the Chinese passport,and our 2nd blue slip,telling us to go home and wait 3 months,if we dont hear from them then call or email.

That will be the first week of March 2007.

I am so worried about this visa that I am just hoping for more blue slips to buy time to correct this situation.

So far,everything seems to be moving at a normal pace.

I have been living with my fiance here in China ,unemployed,since 2005.

She will be able to produce any kind of "overcome" materials they may ask for in the future.

We can hold a conversation in English,if they want us to.

The only thing I think may snag us up is the fact that only my parent in America has supplied the I-134 and other documents as proof of support,not me.

In Decemder 2006,we handed over the Chinese passport and all of the overcome materials.

Two days later,in person,they returned the Chinese passport,and our 2nd blue slip,telling us to go home and wait 3 months,if we dont hear from them then call or email.

I am so worried about this visa that I am just hoping for more blue slips to buy time to correct this situation.

So far,everything seems to be moving at a normaIl pace.

She will be able to produce any kind of "overcome" materials they may ask for in the future.

The only thing I think may snag us up is the fact that only my parent in America has supplied the I-134 and other documents as proof of support,not me.

Upon re-reading.. I see you say you submitted an I-134 from your parents at overcome in Dec...

Why did you submit this, they didn't even ask for it?.

That you didn't submit one may create a reason to review the case. If it will help your nerves, you can send one to be included in your case..

But the bottom line is, they are checking out something... either in documentation or in background; I cannot see them questioning the relationship due to your time in china, but I don't know enough of the case to say that conclusively.

What exact questions and answers occurred at the original interview?

You cannot count on three months; that is a generic quote. It could be less or it could be more.

Why did you submit this, they didn't even ask for it?.

That you didn't submit one may create a reason to review the case. If it will help your nerves, you can send one to be included in your case..

But the bottom line is, they are checking out something... either in documentation or in background; I cannot see them questioning the relationship due to your time in china, but I don't know enough of the case to say that conclusively.

What exact questions and answers occurred at the original interview?

You cannot count on three months; that is a generic quote. It could be less or it could be more.

In the original interview,October 2006,they just asked her a few questions about "How did we meet?","Who are these people in these photographs?",etc.,but all of our Translate/Notarize documents were incorrect,so they returned everything,photos,I-134,etc.,and we got our 1st blue slip listing all of the documents that needed fixing.

We returned to YunNan ,with all of our photos ,I-134,and other stuff,and corrected the Translate/Notarize documents,then notified Guangzhou by phone.

They told us to bring the "overcome" materials in December 2006.

We returned to Guangzhou and turned in everything AGAIN,along with the "overcome" materials,and thats when they gave us our 2nd blue slip.

The 2nd blue slip said "Your case needs more processing,if you dont hear from us in 3 monts please call or email..."

Our 2nd blue slip did not request any more "overcome" materials,it just instructed us to wait.

Why did I give them my parents I-134?

Because that it what is requested in Packet #3.

Because that was the only available way for us to demonstrate proof of support.

My parent supplied completed I-134,notarized statement from bank,notarized statment from employer,and tax information.

Thats what they tell you to do in Packet #3,bring proof of support.

(My American friend successfully made fiance visa for his LAOS girlfriend,and I met with them in Laos while they were going through their process.

My friend submitted one I-134 for proof of support.They got the fiance visa VERY QUICKLY in Laos.

My friend returned to America and assisted my mother in filling out an I-134 for my Chinese fiance.

My friend advised me not to fill out an I-134 with my name on it,and he said my parents I-134 would be enough.

I do not meet the poverty guidelines,so it would only confuse matters if I submitted an I-134 in my name.)

Edited by Threadbare (see edit history)

"Notice Of Revocation"?

So far,everything seems to be moving at a normal pace.

Don't bank on 3 months.

Why did you submit this, they didn't even ask for it?[/b].

Why did I give them my parents I-134?

Because that it what is requested in Packet #3.

Because that was the only available way for us to demonstrate proof of support.

My parent supplied completed I-134,notarized statement from bank,notarized statment from employer,and tax information.

Thats what they tell you to do in Packet #3,bring proof of support.

(My American friend successfully made fiance visa for his LAOS girlfriend,and I met with them in Laos while they were going through their process.

My friend submitted one I-134 for proof of support.They got the fiance visa VERY QUICKLY in Laos.

My friend returned to America and assisted my mother in filling out an I-134 for my Chinese fiance.

My friend advised me not to fill out an I-134 with my name on it,and he said my parents I-134 would be enough.

I do not meet the poverty guidelines,so it would only confuse matters if I submitted an I-134 in my name.)

Here is what the FAQ from Visa Journey says:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=support

The US fiance is ALWAYS the primary sponsor, but may have a co-sponsor. If there is a co-sponsor, both the

US fiance and the co-sponsor will EACH have to fill out the affidavit I-134 or I-864 and EACH will have to provide

supporting documentation.

I find it interesting that you were not asked for your own I-134 when given the first or second blue slip. This would indicate to me that GUZ is NOT requiring the petitioner to submit an I-134 if the petitioner's parent is co-sponsoring.

The US fiance is ALWAYS the primary sponsor, but may have a co-sponsor. If there is a co-sponsor, both the

US fiance and the co-sponsor will EACH have to fill out the affidavit I-134 or I-864 and EACH will have to provide

I find it interesting that you were not asked for your own I-134 when given the first or second blue slip. This would indicate to me that GUZ is NOT requiring the petitioner to submit an I-134 if the petitioner's parent is co-sponsoring.

Yes,I guess is IS very interesting.

Two possibilities I can think of:

1) During the first interview,my fiance was asked about my working situation,the photos,and my staying in China,BUT,we were issued our 1st blue slip instructing us to correct some of the "translate/notarize" documents,and ALL THE DOCUMENTS including my parents I-134

were returned to us at that time.

There was no mention of any I-134 during the first interview or on that 1st blue slip.

2)During the second interview,my fiance just handed everything over,in a notebook.

The interviewer removed the items from the notebook,the completed Package #4 applications,ALL of our 'overcome" materials requested on the 1st blue slip,and my parents I-134,and the Chinese passport.

Two days later we received our 2nd blue slip,telling us only that "the case needs more processing" and requesting nothing but that we go home and wait for them to contact us within three months.

Maybe nobody looked closely at my parents I-134 when we gave it to them and they just assumed it was MY I-134

If this is the case,and I MUST also submit an I-134,why did they not mention that on the 2nd blue slip?

They had enough time,TWO DAYS to examine our papers.

We received the 2nd blue slip TWO DAYS after giving them my parents I-134.

Please tell me that they actually EXAMINED all the documents we gave them BEFORE they prepared our 2nd blue slip.

Yes,I guess is IS very interesting.

Two possibilities I can think of:

1) During the first interview,my fiance was asked about my working situation,the photos,and my staying in China,BUT,we were issued our 1st blue slip instructing us to correct some of the "translate/notarize" documents,and ALL THE DOCUMENTS including my parents I-134

were returned to us at that time.

There was no mention of any I-134 during the first interview or on that 1st blue slip.

2)During the second interview,my fiance just handed everything over,in a notebook.

The interviewer removed the items from the notebook,the completed Package #4 applications,ALL of our 'overcome" materials requested on the 1st blue slip,and my parents I-134,and the Chinese passport.

Two days later we received our 2nd blue slip,telling us only that "the case needs more processing" and requesting nothing but that we go home and wait for them to contact us within three months.

Maybe nobody looked closely at my parents I-134 when we gave it to them and they just assumed it was MY I-134

If this is the case,and I MUST also submit an I-134,why did they not mention that on the 2nd blue slip?

They had enough time,TWO DAYS to examine our papers.

We received the 2nd blue slip TWO DAYS after giving them my parents I-134.

Please tell me that they actually EXAMINED all the documents we gave them BEFORE they prepared our 2nd blue slip.

The purpose of my original questioning about the I-134 is trying to track that as an issue.. GUZ never asked for one, but you handed one over... so she gave it to them, although they might not of asked specifically for it (that's why I asked what were the exact questions).

No financials are required till they ask for them.. if they don't ask for any, then it's not necessary to submit any. You could be asked for taxes instead of the I-134 as an example... in your case, any financial stuff they might ask for is best countered with the I-134; One from you as the primary sponsor is normall required, and any joint sponsor one if needed.

It's impossible to say what they did or didn't look at... all we know is that they want to review something now. It's possible they come back with another request for your missing I-134 or it's possible they just want to do another security check.. your probably not going to find out what they are doing, only what they want at the next request.

I tend to not think it is financially related at this point, but I don't know the entire story since there are still too may "etc" instead of exact descriptions of what was asked and answered.

They asked for three months.. this is consistent with admin review or processing.. to review something.. do another check. I don't know her past and what was on forms she filled out; did she ever visit another country?

But the only supporting documentation I can provide is

proof that I am BROKE!

The purpose of my original questioning about the I-134 is trying to track that as an issue.. GUZ never asked for one, but you handed one over... so she gave it to them, although they might not of asked specifically for it (that's why I asked what were the exact questions).

No financials are required till they ask for them.. if they don't ask for any, then it's not necessary to submit any. You could be asked for taxes instead of the I-134 as an example... in your case, any financial stuff they might ask for is best countered with the I-134; One from you as the primary sponsor is normall required, and any joint sponsor one if needed.

It's impossible to say what they did or didn't look at... all we know is that they want to review something now. It's possible they come back with another request for your missing I-134 or it's possible they just want to do another security check.. your probably not going to find out what they are doing, only what they want at the next request.

I tend to not think it is financially related at this point, but I don't know the entire story since there are still too may "etc" instead of exact descriptions of what was asked and answered.

They asked for three months.. this is consistent with admin review or processing.. to review something.. do another check. I don't know her past and what was on forms she filled out; did she ever visit another country?

She told them that she operated a "backpacker guesthouse" in Laos for a period of one year,and that we met each other there.

In her Chinese passport there are Laos and Thailand visas,because we travelled there together.

The way I understand all of the instructions in Packet #3,EVERYBODY must submit some kind of proof of support,in the form of an I-134,a personal "letter of support",statements from bank and/or employer,tax returns.

I cant personally supply ANYTHING mentioned above,so my parent in America gave us all that "proof of support" stuff I mentioned above.

Actually,the list in Packet #4 SPICIFICALLY REQUESTS "proof of support" be brought to our first interview,along with everything else on the Packet #4 list.

I did not fill out any I-134,because I would have had to leave everything regarding financial situation BLANK,because I only have about $1000 in a bank,and I have lived here in China for 18 monts without working.Im too much BROKE to sponsor my fiance.

Should I submit an I-134 if it only demonstrates that I am broke?

I dont have any of the other items listed that are accepted as "proof of support",and my fiance is not rich enough to use her own money as "proof of support.

Should my parent and I TOGETHER filled out and notarized,in America,an I-864?

(I actually have a blank I-864,that I signed and notarized as "Sponsor",my parent as "Household Member",and left in my desk in America.)

On I-864 form:

Who is the "household member",my parent???

Who is the "sponsor",me???

If I submit an I-864 completed/notarized by my parent and I together,do both of us also have to submit our own individual I-134 along with the I-864???

Is the I-864 alone enough,if both my parent and I sign it and have it notarized?

The point I'm trying to make is that you don't submit anything unless they ask for it... The P4 is saying to prepare proof.. but you don't have to hand anything to them unless they ask for it at the interview.

Sometimes they don't ask for any financials... so why would I offer to hand them a blank one if there's a chance they don't want to see one anyway?

The primary sponsor is supposed to submit a I-134; that proves who her sponsor is.... being a form of zero's doesn't matter.. It's like a record of sponsorship.

IF IF IF IF the primary sponsor's form does not meet the financial requirements or satisfy the VO concerning public charge,

THEN THEN THEN THEN a joint sponsor form can be asked for or accompany the primary sponsor's when asked.

Whether the consulate is not so hard and strict about getting the primary sponsors I-134 along with a joint sponsor I-134, I cannot say categorically... I can only say what we observe to be the case.

The I-864 is only for Immigrant visa applications like the CR1 or when a K# visa holder adjust status... you'll execute that form after she files for adjustment of status to permanent resident (for a green card).

The consulate WILL NOT ACCEPT a I-864 for a K# applicant...

1)

I am a "disabled" American born citizen,receiving benefits and not working.

Given the above, your benefits would be your income on the I-134.

You might as well prepare one in case it's one of the next things they ask for. Right now, you haven't made enough information available to even speculate on why the case needed additional review but it does not seem to be about finances or bonafide relationship, yet. Most likely it is something to do with her personal history, yours or both.