Time for AOS filing...

Sorry if the answer is right in front of me, I can't seem to figure the AOS process out. I have looked at the I-485, but I don't really see any references to K-3 Visas, only K-1. Are we to file the I-485 or is there a different form for K-3s?

I guess it's time for being confused again like in the beginning of the Visa process. :P Thanks much in advance!

Steve

Sorry if the answer is right in front of me, I can't seem to figure the AOS process out. I have looked at the I-485, but I don't really see any references to K-3 Visas, only K-1. Are we to file the I-485 or is there a different form for K-3s?

I guess it's time for being confused again like in the beginning of the Visa process. :P Thanks much in advance!

Steve

Nope - use the I-485

You may apply to adjust your status if:

You are filing this application with a completed relative petition, special immigrant juvenile petition or special immigrant military petition which if approved would make an immigrant visa number immediately available to you.

Check a) for your application type in Part 2.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - we were K-1

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Part 2. is item a. (you're correct Randy)...:rolleyes:

Current USCIS status- K-3

In Part 3- "In what status did you last enter?"- You can use K-3 visa, and the 'Nonimmigrant Visa Number' is the red 8 digit number shown on the visa. (do a search using keyword "digit" to confirm.)

Any question that doesn't apply to your wife, you can use- ***NONE, if you want.

-good luck

It seems your timeline shows you have already paid fees for the CR1. Make sure her visa is K-3 and not CR1. If your wife is still in China you might want to consider having her check on the interview time for the CR1 so you don't pay the fees again for the AOS. She would also receive GC upon her arrival in the USA if the CR1 is completed in China. I am going through the AOS as K3 but different than you, I had never received nor paid a bill regarding the I-130 so paying the fees for the AOS was needed.

It seems your timeline shows you have already paid fees for the CR1. Make sure her visa is K-3 and not CR1. If your wife is still in China you might want to consider having her check on the interview time for the CR1 so you don't pay the fees again for the AOS. She would also receive GC upon her arrival in the USA if the CR1 is completed in China. I am going through the AOS as K3 but different than you, I had never received nor paid a bill regarding the I-130 so paying the fees for the AOS was needed.

Good point, I would check to see if the CR-1 is still in process, if so it may be easier to interview for it in Guangzhou, and avoid having to deal with the long process and extra fees of AOS back here in the states.
In the CFL FAQ (both the EZ, section AOS and the AOS FAQ) you'll find a list of what to include, mailing address.

First thing is to get the vaccination supplemental signed off (and any necessary shots).

Thank you all for the responses! We had a family emergency the last 2 days, so I was unable to get back here to see your replies.

Zhen is not interested in returning to China anytime soon for the CR-1 Interview, and I've already considered the money spent on the I-130 as gone, so we will just file for AOS here. I appreciate the answers supplied, and think it shouldn't be too difficult now that I have somewhat of a clue.

We were going to be unable to do the vaccinations at this time, but unfortunately that has changed now and she can get them done (maybe you can figure out why, I won't say in a public forum). Anyway, thanks a lot for all your answers, I'm sure I'll be in this sub-forum often now.