what's a good attorney name in guz ?

jean-charles

The guy featured in bold at the top of the list at the link Tony posted above is very expensive.

I don't know about the others.

I/we used the one at the top of that list. At least he will talk to you and doesn't put you off. Of course our case is near completion but I'd have to say if you want a lawyer that will not give up, this is him.

The guy featured in bold at the top of the list at the link Tony posted above is very expensive.

I/we used the one at the top of that list. At least he will talk to you and doesn't put you off. Of course our case is near completion but I'd have to say if you want a lawyer that will not give up, this is him.

How much does King charge for somthing simple like preparing documents for overcome and turning these in?

Based on my very limited exposure to lawyer activity for overcome and revocation, I will only say that those in the US that I've heard about lack that ability to connect to the consulate and get timely info. This is in two cases I have good knowledge of. I steered someone to Kings office to do something minor and it was reasonable fee, and they got an answer back very fast from the consulate about the issue.

Having talked to Ellis about some of these issues, he said one has to know the right person to address at the consulate, otherwise even a lawyer request can be put aside without timely feedback.

I would encourage any need of a lawyer, if the case issue is in GUZ, then get a GUZ lawyer; if it is revocated back to the US, get a US lawyer (same advice of King).

King's fees will be based on the case, # of visas, difficulty of what there is to overcome, etc... You're best to make an appointment with any lawyer and simply get the quote and answers you need.

How much does King charge for some

thing simple like preparing documents for overcome and turning these in?

Unfortunately I don't remember the exact amount. I actually met with him about simply turning in stuff and picking up the visa. No real work. Nothing to prepare. He was way overpriced compared to what we actually did/are doing.

I also didn't like his attitude. He came across as a guy who took advantage of folks who didn't really know how to research things in China and get a FAIR (as opposed to "cheap" deal)

In my opinion he's a rip who exploits people, sometimes through this board. He speaks American and tries to make you comfortable. I believe he is basically competent, just waaay over the market price. Others are entitled to their opinions, of course. I'm not looking to get into a war here.

Unfortunately I don't remember the exact amount. I actually met with him about simply turning in stuff and picking up the visa. No real work. Nothing to prepare. He was way overpriced compared to what we actually did/are doing.

I also didn't like his attitude. He came across as a guy who took advantage of folks who didn't really know how to research things in China and get a FAIR (as opposed to "cheap" deal)

In my opinion he's a rip who exploits people, sometimes through this board. He speaks American and tries to make you comfortable. I believe he is basically competent, just waaay over the market price. Others are entitled to their opinions, of course. I'm not looking to get into a war here.

I guess it just depends on the individual case. It's the same principle as why a person would prefer a Dodge over a Ford. It's whatever you're comfortable with.

On the other hand, our case was/is so complex that when the waiver was denied we hired an attorney in the metro D.C. area. The reason for that hiring was simply for submitting the appeal documents to GZ because "if" the appeal had been denied it would then have gone to the A.A.U. in Washington D.C. If that had happened we needed someone that would be able to hit the ground running with it who was already familiar with the case details.

It's just like anything else in life. You get what you pay for.

Exactly. King may be a little expensive for some things but on the other hand when a case comes to him it is usually because it is in serious trouble. He knows the inner workings of the consulate and to my knowledge has always been straight with his clients. He is an honored and valuable member of this site.

ok ok i don't see any KING on the list of lawyers

First post in the thread:
I'm editing this to add King's contact info since he has been a Candle member for a long time:

Peter E. Paget

Shamian Street, No. 39, 1/F

Guangzhou 510130 P.R.C.

tele # 011-86-20-8121-6200 or 011-86-20-8121-9931

mobile # 1350-3024-157

fax # 011-86-20-8121-7013

Practice is limited to immigration law and consular practice.

From Seattle and a member of the Washington State Bar Association and American Immigration Lawyers Association.