Chinese New Year (Spring Festival)

Chinese New Year and Spring Festival are almost upon us. <_< :coolthumb: :whip: :ranting: Who is going to visit in China during this time, and who is going to celebrate here in the US and what city. Me I am going to visit my Chinese Aunt who lives in the Atlanta area. There is a BIG festival event going on there and it will be my first time to see some of the activities. I have been to the big Chinese market there and I bought a bunch of things from there. I just wish that I could have gone to the real thing in China. B)

Going to China to be with my Yu for Chinese New Year as well as her interview.

I spent the last CNY with my SO in China last year. That was the best time I had in a long time.

When you are there, make sure you try out those BIG A$$ fireworks they have over there. What a "blast", and they are cheap too! :coolthumb:

Enjoy you trip and good luck in GUZ. :ranting:

Edited by toy_rn65 (see edit history)

I will be in Shenyang with Ling, we are thinking about doing a family "wedding" (all but the Chinese legal documents) during the stay. I leave in 14 days. Got my visa yesterday, my flight reservations are done. And I've set out the suitcase and put in a couple of items I don't want to forget. We've finished all of our P4 and interview papers just in case a miracle happens and we get scheduled before I return......

My wife has to work on CNY, but I will be spending it with my Chinese friends at a special CNY party. So many of our friends are a bit sad being away from friends and family during this special time, so we all group together to make it the second best CNY that we could have.

Have a great time in China for all those who are going. Say hello to everyone for us. :)

I will be in Shenyang with Ling, we are thinking about doing a family "wedding" (all but the Chinese legal documents) during the stay. I leave in 14 days. Got my visa yesterday, my flight reservations are done. And I've set out the suitcase and put in a couple of items I don't want to forget. We've finished all of our P4 and interview papers just in case a miracle happens and we get scheduled before I return......

Wish I could spend CNY with my SO in Jinan too. She was born and raised in Harbin which is about the same latitude as Shenyang. Make sure you bring enough clothes, it's mighty cooooold there. :)

How long are you planning on staying?

Wish I could spend CNY with my SO in Jinan too. She was born and raised in Harbin which is about the same latitude as Shenyang. Make sure you bring enough clothes, it's mighty cooooold there. :)

My reservations are for returning the 25th but if the P4 comes and the interview is within a week of that I'll stay. If the reservation is any later (most likely) I'll come home and get some work done before going back. I'm self-employed and work solo so I can't be gone tooooo long.

Wish I could spend CNY with my SO in Jinan too. She was born and raised in Harbin which is about the same latitude as Shenyang. Make sure you bring enough clothes, it's mighty cooooold there. :P

My reservations are for returning the 25th but if the P4 comes and the interview is within a week of that I'll stay. If the reservation is any later (most likely) I'll come home and get some work done before going back. I'm self-employed and work solo so I can't be gone tooooo long.

Boy that's going to be tight but GUZ has been on a fast track lately. Who knows...

Wish you two the best and enjoy your time there. Watch out for all that new year food, you could put on some tonnage if your not careful! :) :lol: :lol:

Wish I could spend CNY with my SO in Jinan too. She was born and raised in Harbin which is about the same latitude as Shenyang. Make sure you bring enough clothes, it's mighty cooooold there. :P

Boy that's going to be tight but GUZ has been on a fast track lately. Who knows...

Wish you two the best and enjoy your time there. Watch out for all that new year food, you could put on some tonnage if your not careful! :) :lol: :lol:

Don't say that!!!! I've already worked my arse off (well actually my stomach) losing 20lbs since christmas......

Wish I could spend CNY with my SO in Jinan too. She was born and raised in Harbin which is about the same latitude as Shenyang. Make sure you bring enough clothes, it's mighty cooooold there. :D

Don't say that!!!! I've already worked my arse off (well actually my stomach) losing 20lbs since christmas......

:P B) :D I hear you bro. But trust me, your SO's family is still going to feed this future son-in-law until he pop during a regular visit, let alone during CNY "and" a family "wedding". You better fast for a week before you head our and you can proof me wrong after you come back! :D :P :P

Edited by toy_rn65 (see edit history)

Wish I could spend CNY with my SO in Jinan too. She was born and raised in Harbin which is about the same latitude as Shenyang. Make sure you bring enough clothes, it's mighty cooooold there. :D

:P B) :D I hear you bro. But trust me, your SO's family is still going to feed this future son-in-law until he pop during a regular visit, let alone during CNY "and" a family "wedding". You better fast for a week before you head our and you can proof me wrong after you come back! :P :P :P

Ok I'll print it here first. 1/30/2007 - 214lbs. Let's just see where it is when I return. :D

I spent last year's CNY with my SO and her family in her home town.

This year I had made plans to fly there but with the way the flight times were it became a major problem. The travel time "to" her parent's house would take 2 entire days. In order to spend CNY with them I would have to fly out 5 days before CNY, spend 3 days with them and travel for 2 days to return to my job. Considering I'd get little if any sleep on the way there and back, we plan for me to spend next year with her family.

Wish I could spend CNY with my SO in Jinan too. She was born and raised in Harbin which is about the same latitude as Shenyang. Make sure you bring enough clothes, it's mighty cooooold there. :blink:

My wife and I will return to Fushun on Feb 16. We will spend both Chinese New Year and celebrate my wife's birthday on March 26th in China. We are both looking forward to the six week trip.

Just got tickets to Radio City's "Chinese New Years Spectacular" show on the

17th,(It's a surprise) :)

My neighbor belongs to the NY Chinese culture center and he invited us to the

annual dim sum trip to Chinatown on the 25th. This will be her first year away from

the family so I hope it helps a little.