Namecheck Cleared...

All,

I've been lurking :D for a while and thought it was time to post. My fiancée’s name check cleared on 12/06. An EMS letter was sent on 12/10.

Background Dates

1st NOA 03/15/02

2nd NOA 04/08/02

Packet 3 07/16/02

Interview 11/27/02

Has anyone who left his or her passport after the interview received a letter yet?

When DoS read the remarks there were 3 letters 'VPL'. Anyone know what the letters stand for? My guess is Visa Passport Letter.

It's probably wishful thinking on my part that they will send her visa and save a trip to Guangzhou. I'll let you know when she gets the letter.

Mike

:)

Wow your timeline is almost identical to mine.

submitted I-129 3/8/02

1ST NOA 3/15/02

2ND NOA 4/29/02

Packet #3 alleged to have been sent

6/29/02, never received it

Packet #4 10/16/02

interview 11/20/02.

will pick up Visa 12/21/02

will come to US end of January, 03.

Congratulations and good luck,

Bob M. Boston

I wish I had good news. I was married Jan 18th. It's almost 1 year now, and my wife's visa was not 1 of the 5000 according to the DOS. Not really fair. 

She had her interview Aug 26th, and people who had interviews after that have gotten approvals. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Your fiancee's interview date was before my fiancee's interview (9/11) and I submitted the I-129 in Dec 1 last year. I am still waiting too.

How do you find out the bad news that you are not one of the 5000? Did the DOS clearly check and tell you that information? My fiance interviewed 8/27 and is till waiting, but everytime I called DOS, they just said still pending, no other words!

Here is the Phone number for DOS: 202-647-5291

when calling , ask them for Consulate Affairs not the info line.

Or ask to speak to someone in DOS that knows something about the delays, maybe Moura Harty, she is the chief of CA.

Remember, they will tell you they dont handle that there in DOS, but they are in charge of the departments that do handle this problem.

So, Try to speak with someone in the position that can help. Not the info section

ANOTHER # I HAD SUCCESS WITH WAS IN DC-202-663-1225  THEN DIAL 6 SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE WHOLE MESSAGE.  THEN DIAL 6 ONE MORE TIME.

GOOD LUCK

I was told that 662-1225 is only an information number and they are not getting updated information. They cannot handle any questions other than is it or is it not cleared. If you want the meaty answers they will have to come from CA office or Powell's office