Auto Insurance

My understanding is that at least in Florida if your SO comes from another country, they are rated as an inexperienced driver. For example, they get no credit for a prior China drivers license.

I asked my nationwide agent this question a few weeks ago and he said there would be no change for my rates. I live in NY state and she has never driven a car.

My understanding is that at least in Florida if your SO comes from another country, they are rated as an inexperienced driver. For example, they get no credit for a prior China drivers license.

I asked my nationwide agent this question a few weeks ago and he said there would be no change for my rates. I live in NY state and she has never driven a car.

Not for your rates; however, when you add on your wife and she is driving and has only experience in China, the Insurance Company may list you as a super duper preferred driver; however, they will rate your wife from China stating she is not experienced driving in US. That is my experience in FL.

After buying 2 new cars and adding 1 inexperienced driver, my bill went from $580 for a 9 year old car to $1040 for 2 brand new w/2 drivers for 6 months (insurance for Houston is the most expensive in the state).

According to the agent I spoke w/ - 2 years qualifies them as experienced drivers.

Go Figure

After buying 2 new cars and adding 1 inexperienced driver, my bill went from $580 for a 9 year old car to $1040 for 2 brand new w/2 drivers for 6 months (insurance for Houston is the most expensive in the state).

According to the agent I spoke w/ - 2 years qualifies them as experienced drivers.

Go Figure

In MA, partial discount for experience drivers is at 3 years. Six years of driving is needed for full discount. :rolleyes:

Go Figure

In MA, partial discount for experience drivers is at 3 years. Six years of driving is needed for full discount. :P

Hhmm...........I'll have to see what GEICO has to say about that. My wife has had a license since May '04 and she's become a very good driver; she loves to drive!