SO's Job

aclassic

What kind of job your SO has is irrelevant to the family reunion visa. If she has some kind of sensitive job(high-tech, scientific, bio-chemistry for instance), additional name checking will be required.

I believe her background (and that includes education and work experience) are indeed relevant when the VO takes into account of the totality of the case when trying to determine whether she'll meet the public charge requirement. Her petitioner's own financial situation will of course be a huge factor as well.

What kind of job your SO has is irrelevant to the family reunion visa. If she has some kind of sensitive job(high-tech, scientific, bio-chemistry for instance), additional name checking will be required.

Hi! I was just thinking that since she has a good job and education that the VO would look at it as a positive. As you say, I would hope that it would be taken into account when determining if she would met the public charge requirement.

I believe her background (and that includes education and work experience) are indeed relevant when the VO takes into account of the totality of the case when trying to determine whether she'll meet the public charge requirement. Her petitioner's own financial situation will of course be a huge factor as well.

So when preparing the I-129 or the G-325 if she is a professional we should include that. Nicole is a CPA so it sounds like we should include a translated copy of her CPA certificate or License?? She is self employed also and owns her own home in Shenzhen so should any of that be included???

So when preparing the I-129 or the G-325 if she is a professional we should include that. Nicole is a CPA so it sounds like we should include a translated copy of her CPA certificate or License?? She is self employed also and owns her own home in Shenzhen so should any of that be included???

It's not a matter of being selective and including only when you think it's beneficial. Some of the forms the beneficiary needs to fill in will ask for her education and work history. She should be truthful and list her real education and real work experience. The info that is filled out will be used in determining her ability to support herself once she gets to the US. This is NOT the only part the VO takes into account. They look at the total picture--including the beneficiaries age--to ascertain her chances of obtaining gainful employment once she's in the US. They will also take a look at the I-134 of the petitioner. They look at the whole picture, not just one individual part.

I do not think it's necessary to include any CPA license or certificate but, equally, I don't think it'll hurt. If she wants to include such attachments, she better have it translated. GUZ only wants English versions.

It's not a matter of being selective and including only when you think it's beneficial. Some of the forms the beneficiary needs to fill in will ask for her education and work history. She should be truthful and list her real education and real work experience. The info that is filled out will be used in determining her ability to support herself once she gets to the US. This is NOT the only part the VO takes into account. They look at the total picture--including the beneficiaries age--to ascertain her chances of obtaining gainful employment once she's in the US. They will also take a look at the I-134 of the petitioner. They look at the whole picture, not just one individual part.

I do not think it's necessary to include any CPA license or certificate but, equally, I don't think it'll hurt. If she wants to include such attachments, she better have it translated. GUZ only wants English versions.

There is a place to list the CPA certs on the DS-230 at the P3 stage.

HUH??? Since when did she have to prove she can support herself in the US??? I think this is misinformation. YOU must prove that YOU can support her NOT that she can support herself! When we applied there was a box asking if she intended towork in the US. We answered NO-she was granted a visa!!!!!

HUH??? Since when did she have to prove she can support herself in the US??? I think this is misinformation. YOU must prove that YOU can support her NOT that she can support herself! When we applied there was a box asking if she intended towork in the US. We answered NO-she was granted a visa!!!!!

Don't play dumb Trigg. Since always. I never said she HAD to prove she can support her self. If the VO believes she can't support herself, then it falls upon the petitioner and that's why the I-134 is NOT a required piece of document. If the SO is an independently wealthy woman or someone--such as Zhang Zi Yi--who can independently make enough to support herself in the US, there is NO need for the petitioner to file a I-134 or even to show his tax returns. These supporting documents are all NOT required. It's only necessary when the beneficiary can't demonstrate the ability to support him or herself.

That's great you found a wife who wants to sit at home and depend on you. Not every beneficiary wants to or even needs to. Some can come over without the petitioner's financial support.

Don't play dumb Trigg. Since always. I never said she HAD to prove she can support her self. If the VO believes she can't support herself, then it falls upon the petitioner and that's why the I-134 is NOT a required piece of document. If the SO is an independently wealthy woman or someone--such as Zhang Zi Yi--who can independently make enough to support herself in the US, there is NO need for the petitioner to file a I-134 or even to show his tax returns. These supporting documents are all NOT required. It's only necessary when the beneficiary can't demonstrate the ability to support him or herself.

That's great you found a wife who wants to sit at home and depend on you. Not every beneficiary wants to or even needs to. Some can come over without the petitioner's financial support.

Enough misinformation and assumptions!! The OP wants facts-not guesses. The I-134 may not be required but an I-864 will be once she is in the US. This is a staement that says YOU can support her!! One could even make an 'assumption' that a lady with great earning potential may be using the pettitioner to gain acces to the US--but that is an 'assumption' NOT a fact--So lets not play dumb and let's not play smart--let's give facts NOT ego boosts to ourselves!!

Enough misinformation and assumptions!! The OP wants facts-not guesses. The I-134 may not be required but an I-864 will be once she is in the US. This is a staement that says YOU can support her!! One could even make an 'assumption' that a lady with great earning potential may be using the pettitioner to gain acces to the US--but that is an 'assumption' NOT a fact--So lets not play dumb and let's not play smart--let's give facts NOT ego boosts to ourselves!!

I was talking about the I-134 but if you want to talk about the I-864, fine. Let's look at the actual revised and final policy of the I-864:

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?...d3f01ed23e3e117

(4) Use of Intending Immigrant¡¯s Income . If the sponsor does not meet the income requirement on the basis of his or her own income and/or assets, the sponsor may also count the intending immigrant¡¯s income if (1)(a) the intending immigrant is either the sponsor¡¯s spouse or (:rolleyes: has the same principal residence as the sponsor, and (2) the preponderance of the evidence shows that the intending immigrant¡¯s income results from the intending immigrant¡¯s lawful employment in the United States or from some other lawful source that will continue to be av ailable to the intending immigrant after he or she acquires permanent resident status. The prospect of employment in the United States that has not yet actually begun does not count toward meeting this requirement.

(5) Use of Intending Immigrant¡¯s Assets . If the sponsor does not meet the income requirement using his or her own income and/or assets, the sponsor may include the net value (the total value of the assets less any offsetting liabilities) of the intending immigrant¡¯s assets. The instructions to Part 6 of Form I-864 indicate that the intending immigrant does not need to complete Form I-864A if he or she is using his or her assets to qualify even if he or she has an accompanying spouse and/or children. Instead, the intending immigrant only needs to provide documentation showing the net value of all assets.

I'll let the FACTS speak for themselves. The I-864 is a statement which says the immigrant will NOT be a burden to the state. It's NOT a statement which says the USC alone must support her. The USC is required to file the I-864, yes, but the USC can be a pauper and not making a penny so long as the immigrant SO is wealthy or has a great income once in the US.

I don't have to play dumb and pander to the ignorant. I know what I know. If I'm wrong I will stand corrected, but in this instance, I'll let the FACTS speak for themselves.