INS Doctors

I found a better way to get the doctors in your area.

Call 1-800-375-5283. 1+2+3, then enter your zip code and it gives you the name, address and phone number of the nearest doctor.

When I called them I had to educate them that a physical was not needed. You have to get the shots from the county health department and bring the records to the doctor and he will fill out the form.

Jim

Call 1-800-375-5283. 1+2+3, then enter your zip code and it gives you the name, address and phone number of the nearest doctor.

When I called them I had to educate them that a physical was not needed. You have to get the shots from the county health department and bring the records to the doctor and he will fill out the form.

Jim

Very interesting Jim. I had the exact same experience when I called the doctor's office for my area, listed in the link Eric posted. They insisted that Li had to have a physical and I tried to educate them that she did not. The person on the phone stated that even if our instructions said a physical was not needed, BCIS would not accept a Chinese physical. I told them I would bring along the instruction sheet for AOS as they did not seem to know what this was. The procedure was also the same. Shots at County Health Department (only place in Madison County where you can get most of them), then the INS doctor will fill out the form. Vaccinations cost 55 dollars, physical exam $125. Total of $180 if you have both and they still insist that both are needed. :lol:

Mick,

Did you talk to the doctor? I talked to the receptionist and after speaking to the doctor she found out I was correct. They are charging me $45 for what they call a refugee physical, which basically is just filling out the form I assume. A way for them to charge more money, give it a fancy name.

Jim

Jim

Very interesting Jim. I had the exact same experience when I called the doctor's office for my area, listed in the link Eric posted. They insisted that Li had to have a physical and I tried to educate them that she did not. The person on the phone stated that even if our instructions said a physical was not needed, BCIS would not accept a Chinese physical. I told them I would bring along the instruction sheet for AOS as they did not seem to know what this was. The procedure was also the same. Shots at County Health Department (only place in Madison County where you can get most of them), then the INS doctor will fill out the form. Vaccinations cost 55 dollars, physical exam $125. Total of $180 if you have both and they still insist that both are needed. :D

Ditto here. Those so-called INS-doctors have no clue.

And the BCIS list is outdated.

What's new huh? ;)

More twist and turn. I heard if the K1 medical exam has passed its one-year valid period by the time of AOS interview, another has to be done. If this were true, most of our now wives would have to go through the same exam again, and that would be another example of the ignorance of the our immigration system.

sy

More twist and turn.  I heard if the K1 medical exam has passed its one-year valid period by the time of AOS interview, another has to be done.  If this were true, most of our now wives would have to go through the same exam again, and that would be another example of the ignorance of the our immigration system.

sy

I was told the same thing today Sysy. If it goes beyond one year, which it no doubt will, then it must be done again. It is not fair but it seems that is the way it is. :)

More twist and turn.  I heard if the K1 medical exam has passed its one-year valid period by the time of AOS interview, another has to be done.  If this were true, most of our now wives would have to go through the same exam again, and that would be another example of the ignorance of the our immigration system.

sy

I was told the same thing today Sysy. If it goes beyond one year, which it no doubt will, then it must be done again. It is not fair but it seems that is the way it is. :)

I believe that it is one year up to when you FILE AOS, not one year to the interview.