What happened after k1 visa?

Dear friends, my finance has got K1 visa last week and is planning to come on Jan 13. Thank you very much for all your support. Without your help and encouragement, we probably wouldn't make it this far.

Now that we 've got the visa, I am just wondering what the next step is. To make it even more complicated, my fiance's brother is getting married in March. Is it possible that we can go back to China for his brother's wedding? Do you think we will have enough time to apply for advance parole? Can he apply for SSN now or we have to wait until he gets here? Does he need to have SSN before we can get married?

Thank you!!!

:)

Edited by nathalie509 (see edit history)

After arriving to USA, you have to get married within 90 days. Also, she has to apply for SS# and she must file Adjustment of Status (AOS) after marriage. Since her brother's wedding is in March and it takes about 3 months to get Advance Parole, she won't be able to leave. Maybe she should come to USA after her brother's wedding.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=k1aos

Edited by tonado (see edit history)

After arriving to USA, you have to get married within 90 days. Also, she has to apply for SS# and she must file Adjustment of Status (AOS) after marriage. Since her brother's wedding is in March and it takes about 3 months to get Advance Parole, she won't be able to leave. Maybe she should come to USA after her brother's wedding.

:) Tony, Nat is the gal and she petitioned for her BF to come over. :huh:

Nat, I also suggest he stay in China until AFTER the wedding if he must attend the wedding. Otherwise, you are cutting it extremely close. It's a high likelihood that he will NOT be able to get AP in time to go back in March.

Congrats on his successful K-1 visa. You've waited for such a long time. You must be so elated that he's finally obtained it. It's going to be a wonderful Chinese New Years for you two!

Best wishes going forward!

Congrats! I know you must both be very excited. Don, has summed up your options pretty well. Finances and work permitting, it sounds like the best option is for you to visit China for the wedding and then you can return to the USA together.

Edited by Juette (see edit history)

Congrats to both of you! Two months is a long wait. Maybe take your chances and apply for AP as quicly as possible. Maybe you can explain the circumstances and have AP expedited. If you both can wait the two months than I would stay.

I am so excited. Finally someone agrees with me. I do think two months is a long wait. But somehow my fiance's parents and his friends think it is nothing. They feel since we have been waiting for 7 years, another 2 months is nothing. :rolleyes: