Well this REALLY sucks

Well, good luck, somehow.

"You shouldn't have moved" oh thanks a lot. Like everybody is supposed to tailor their life to accommodate the bloated, elephantine federal bureaucracy.

When she said that I replied that it didn't state in the I485 instructions that I couldn't move. :blahblah1:

Toni, I have to give you credit for maintaining your composure through all of this with Immigration. I hope that if I encounter any similar problems I can remember your tact. I have a tendancy to rip peoples asses when they say something as stupid as "You shouldn't have moved", I guess it's like cutting my own throat just to watch them drown in my blood.

Keep plugging alone sooner or later you will encounter that one gevernment employee who didn't graduate at the bottom of their high school class.

Best of luck to you and Lin

Rak .. wow what a graphic discription, I must remember to never make you mad :lol: :angry:

This has really turned into a "Hard Luck" case.

In the real world a manager can phone or email

another manager in an office on the other side

of the world to resolve an issue.

Posting your story will help others to not take

things for granted.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

You know .. looking in hind site, after I kept getting mail forwarded to me I should have called the CA office to ensure they were aware of the move. Another thing I should have done is maybe make an infopass immediately after filing my AR-11 Change of Address to ensure that they were following up and requesting my file and notified the CA office. Lesson learned, you cannot assume that they will do their job, you have to be on them all the time.

Good luck, Toni. The good thing is that Lin is with you and in due thime this will work out.

And......STOP MOVING!

Thanks Don. Hopefully next time I move we will already have the green card. I am anticipating moving back to CA in about 2 years .....

Today is me and Lin's Info pass meeting at the Federal Building in NY. Not sure whats going to happen because there is some strange gas smell in NY and NJ and they are closing stuff down. Called another office in the Federal Building and they said so far they are not shutting down but I am guessing it is going to be HUGE pain in the butt trying to get into NY today.

Just a pre-thought. Just incase we cannot get into the Federal building today, I scheduled another info pass but it isn't until 1/27/07. Our denial letter was sent on 12/12/06. I am thinking if I can't get into today that I better file the appeal just incase I can't resolve this at the info pass. I don't want to miss my appeal period.

Any thoughts?

The appeal is filed. I feel relieved. Thanks to Lee who was VERY helpful, I feel confident that it is properly filed and will be resolved eventually. You never know with this process what is coming your way. My hope is that after all the crap they put us through and the extra money it cost us that perhaps they will be nice enough to issue the green card without an interview.

While we were at the info pass meeting the IO actually started questioning how we communicate. I told her Lin speaks some English and I speak a little Mandarin, she didn't believe me and made me speak to her in Mandarin (she was Chinese) ..

Our Conversation:

Toni: Wo de Zhong wen bu hao

IO: What?

Toni: Wo de Zhong wen bu hao, ni bu dong?

IO: I am from Taiwan, I don't speak Mandarin

OKKKKKKKKKKKKK...... Too bad it couldn't serve as the interview. Anyway .. do you believe it .. first she told us some bull without really even looking at our papers, then she tells us we shouldn't have moved and then gives us bad advice to ignore the appeal and start all over again .... If this is a supervisor what would a regular employee do .. ?

Toni I worked for the City here for years. The same applies to the Feds. If it were a privatly help company they would be bankrupt in less than a year. Also they would have the government all over them for violations right and left. But since they have an endless flow of money, they can operate like this. And,,,, well,,,,, they ARE the government so they don't worry about brakeing their own rules, and getting fined. And did I say they have all the money?

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)

Today is me and Lin's Info pass meeting at the Federal Building in NY. Not sure whats going to happen because there is some strange gas smell in NY and NJ and they are closing stuff down. Called another office in the Federal Building and they said so far they are not shutting down but I am guessing it is going to be HUGE pain in the butt trying to get into NY today.

Just a pre-thought. Just incase we cannot get into the Federal building today, I scheduled another info pass but it isn't until 1/27/07. Our denial letter was sent on 12/12/06. I am thinking if I can't get into today that I better file the appeal just incase I can't resolve this at the info pass. I don't want to miss my appeal period.

Any thoughts?

The appeal is filed. I feel relieved. Thanks to Lee who was VERY helpful, I feel confident that it is properly filed and will be resolved eventually. You never know with this process what is coming your way. My hope is that after all the crap they put us through and the extra money it cost us that perhaps they will be nice enough to issue the green card without an interview.

While we were at the info pass meeting the IO actually started questioning how we communicate. I told her Lin speaks some English and I speak a little Mandarin, she didn't believe me and made me speak to her in Mandarin (she was Chinese) ..

Our Conversation:

OKKKKKKKKKKKKK...... Too bad it couldn't serve as the interview. Anyway .. do you believe it .. first she told us some bull without really even looking at our papers, then she tells us we shouldn't have moved and then gives us bad advice to ignore the appeal and start all over again .... If this is a supervisor what would a regular employee do .. ?

When I mailed the Appeals I sent it to Chicago which is the address they tell me to send it to on the denial letter. I also CC'd California and New York being as I don't know who has my file. I got 2 returned green cards showing proof of delivery from Chicago and CA. CA response was to return my file without even reading it with the reason "Fee not sent". 1) I sent the fee to Chicago and a photocopy to CA. 2) Per advise of USCIS they told me to file an appeal and not to pay the fee because it was an administrative mistake. Good thing I didn't listen to her being as they don't even read the file if they don't see the check. Im really disappointed in the CA office. There service doesn't even rate as crappy don't even know if its in the league to be called Shitty. <_<

Any thoughts?

Our Conversation:

When I mailed the Appeals I sent it to Chicago which is the address they tell me to send it to on the denial letter. I also CC'd California and New York being as I don't know who has my file. I got 2 returned green cards showing proof of delivery from Chicago and CA. CA response was to return my file without even reading it with the reason "Fee not sent". 1) I sent the fee to Chicago and a photocopy to CA. 2) Per advise of USCIS they told me to file an appeal and not to pay the fee because it was an administrative mistake. Good thing I didn't listen to her being as they don't even read the file if they don't see the check. Im really disappointed in the CA office. There service doesn't even rate as crappy don't even know if its in the league to be called Shitty. :rolleyes:

This is a simple case of the CA office person being poorly trained. I think that this is the reason for all of the mistakes they have made with you. They simply lack the training of receiving information and processing it correctly. In other words, RED TAPE!!! I personaly am a RED TAPE magnet.

Our Conversation:

Mandarin is the national language of Taiwan. Here is a link and an exerpt

http://www.gio.gov.tw/taiwan-website/2-vis.../people1_2.html

1. Local Languages

Mandarin Chinese is Taiwan's language of government, education and the media. It is widely spoken anywhere you go in Taiwan, as well as in mainland China. It is the dialect used to learn written Chinese characters, and the one most studied by foreign students.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

Any thoughts?

We got a letter from USCIS saying they received our request for appeal and they cashed the $385.00 check. The notice says they will notify us when they make a decision about our case, does anyone know how long this part takes?

Great news though ... they sent it to the right address our new home. They also sent it to me which also shows they accepted my form to be Lin's representative. Thats two things they did right in one mail. I don't know if I should be excited or scared :angry:

Any thoughts?

We got a letter from USCIS saying they received our request for appeal and they cashed the $385.00 check. The notice says they will notify us when they make a decision about our case, does anyone know how long this part takes?

Great news though ... they sent it to the right address our new home. They also sent it to me which also shows they accepted my form to be Lin's representative. Thats two things they did right in one mail. I don't know if I should be excited or scared :D

Good news, but I would still file the AR-11 for the case, just because you are dealing with a government agency and you already know how competent they are. :D

As for length, they are currently showing 18 months, it's listed at the bottom of the page where you got the I-290B, now tell me you're not in upper management. :lol:

PS - Look on the bright side, if they take 18 months to answer the appeal you can postpone the interview until after your second anniversary and bypass the conditional green card. :angry:

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

:roller:

Any thoughts?

Great news though ... they sent it to the right address our new home. They also sent it to me which also shows they accepted my form to be Lin's representative. Thats two things they did right in one mail. I don't know if I should be excited or scared :roller:

Good news, but I would still file the AR-11 for the case, just because you are dealing with a government agency and you already know how competent they are. :roller:

As for length, they are currently showing 18 months, it's listed at the bottom of the page where you got the I-290B, now tell me you're not in upper management. :ph34r:

PS - Look on the bright side, if they take 18 months to answer the appeal you can postpone the interview until after your second anniversary and bypass the conditional green card. :roller:

Hi Lee: I sent the AR-11 in with the appeal. If it is going to take 18 months to go though appeal I am guessing that I should wait for them to request an updated Affidafit of Support because if I send them one now it would be expired when we get called for an interview anyway. :roller: