Green tea

My wife also gave me some Ningxia wolfberries to put with my tea. Ever had any of these? She says they are very good for the eyes and male fertility :P

I've not heard of them but it doesn't mean I haven't had some. I've eaten/drank many things in China I couldn't identify...... :P

I'll let you know if they work after my next trip to China :P ;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife also gave me some Ningxia wolfberries to put with my tea. Ever had any of these? She says they are very good for the eyes and male fertility :P

I've not heard of them but it doesn't mean I haven't had some. I've eaten/drank many things in China I couldn't identify...... :P

I'll let you know if they work after my next trip to China :D :D

Please....spare me the details. :hump: :D I simple "thumbs up" :D or a :) will be sufficient.

My wife also gave me some Ningxia wolfberries to put with my tea. Ever had any of these? She says they are very good for the eyes and male fertility :hump:

I'll let you know if they work after my next trip to China :D :P

Please....spare me the details. :D :P I simple "thumbs up" :D or a :) will be sufficient.

That's exactly what I had in mind :D

My wife also gave me some Ningxia wolfberries to put with my tea. Ever had any of these? She says they are very good for the eyes and male fertility :D

I think you are talking about Ningxia Gou Ji. It bears red berries. You can find these raw berries from most Chinese stores here. I also hear that they are very good for the eyes, male fertility, etc., but better not drinking with tea leaves together. :)

My wife also gave me some Ningxia wolfberries to put with my tea. Ever had any of these? She says they are very good for the eyes and male fertility :D

I think you are talking about Ningxia Gou Ji. It bears red berries. You can find these raw berries from most Chinese stores here. I also hear that they are very good for the eyes, male fertility, etc., but better not drinking with tea leaves together. :)

Wei shen me? Is there a problem if they are combined?

They said together in the hot water they would produce a harmful substance. I don¡¯t know if there is some kind of clinic proof or not.

They said together in the hot water they would produce a harmful substance. I don¡¯t know if there is some kind of clinic proof or not.

Uh ohhhhhhhh I am toast :D My wife gave me this to do as she has been doing it for years. I saw others doing it also. If you happen to come up with a link on this then pleaseeeeeeee tell me. Who are "they?"

Uh ohhhhhhhh I am toast :P My wife gave me this to do as she has been doing it for years. I saw others doing it also. If you happen to come up with a link on this then pleaseeeeeeee tell me. Who are "they?"

Sorry, ¡°they¡± = ¡°stuff from Internet¡±. Don't worry. :hump: The Internet provides too much information, some are true, and some are not. By Gooooogle here comes a link to a Chinese site http://big5.china.com.cn/chinese/health/492425.htm. Let your SO read it and communicate back to you . :D

Sorry, ¡°they¡± = ¡°stuff from Internet¡±. Don't worry. :D The Internet provides too much information, some are true, and some are not. By Gooooogle here comes a link to a Chinese site http://big5.china.com.cn/chinese/health/492425.htm. Let your SO read it and communicate back to you . :)

I just read it with the help of altavista web page translator. I see what you are saying. It says something about a matter that the body has difficulty absorbing when combining the tea and the wolfberries (matrimony vine.) I will talk to my wife about this when she wakes. Thanks for the info......

For years I have been struggling with high triglycerides and high cholestorol. I have eaten well and always excercised but still always struggled with high lipids and always had high blood pressure. I first met my wife in person in Feb., 2005. All she had to do is look at me and know that I had these problems (how do they do that?) :unsure: I told her that the doctor wants to put me on medicine to treat the high lipids and she said NO CAN DO!!!!!!!!! She put me on a daily regime of green tea (from her mother's trees) and now the results are in.

My cholestorol has dropped from 280 to 174. Triglycerides from 290 to 74. Needless to say my doctor (80 years old) is amazed.

Many articles you will read have beliefs and disbeliefs about the postive effects of green tea. I am living proof of the postive effects. Also, I have managed to drop 40 pounds. Blood pressure is still a little high (thanks GZ) but not near what it was. Funny thing though, when I am in China it drops about 10 points on upper and lower numbers.

I wonder if my blood work transcripts from the last two years could be used as evidence of a bona-fide relationship? :P

Great testimonial! I've experienced much the same thing.

One interesting point I've discovered; it seems that gum disease is almost unheard of in China and a big factor seems to be the high consumption of green tea (it's a low intensity disinfectant in that it creates an environment unhospitable to germs). Our medical establishment is just now looking at the relationship between gum disease and heart disease. Linus Pauling claimed that both were the result of sub-clinical chronic scurvy brought about by a lack of vitamin C in our diet. He believed this lack of vitamin C results in low grade infections spreading throughout the body.

According to my dentist, the bacteria implicated in gum disease can tend to migrate to the heart and cause problems. It stands to reason; if we can block the growth of these bacteria, there will be less chance that they will settle in various parts the cardiovascular system. The connection between green tea and prevention of all of these potential human health issues seems logical.

If you are getting the tea from your mother-in-law's trees, you are doubtless getting very good tea, although most tea in China is very "clean" anyway. This is due to the fact that Camellia Senensis is native to China, growing there even without cultivation. All other tea comes from seeds or plants "stolen" from the Middle Kindgom.

I might suggest you try "white tea", the least processed of teas, which is really just green tea harvested earlier in the year. Most commercial white tea is harvested once each year over a short period (3 to 5 days) of time at the very beginning of the tea season, typically late March or early April. This is a "first harvest, single harvest". At this point, the tea leaves are still loosely rolled and covered with a fine white "fuzz", giving a silver, "downy" appearance. Tea harvested at this time has the highest concentrations of phenols and anti-oxidants.

Other options include pu'er tea which is pressed into blocks and dried. This method of processing results in fermentation which gives the tea a very dark color but a smooth distinctive flavor. The older the tea, the smoother the flavor and the greater the health benefits. I've seen pu'er that has aged 30 to 40 years. Some of it becomes very valuable, up to several thousand DOLLARS per kilo. Most of the pu'er tea I've had is 2 to 5 years old.

Best Regards and Happy New Year!!!

Edited by DMikeS4321 (see edit history)

Interesting DMIKE....I have had tea pulled from the trees at all different times including the early white tea. My wife has shown me the fuzzy hairs all along the leaves and stems. I also have here some tea from Mt Lushan that was pulled from the native trees (100 or more years old). My wife sends all of these to me and labels them. Soon it will be pulling season again in March and I AM GOING!!!!!!!!

Interesting about the dental aspect as my dentist as well told me that I must have been taking better care of my teeth :unsure:

Hey DMIKE perhaps you know something about the night tea that I mentioned earlier. My wife says that every few years, peasants climb Mt Lushan and get tea from the native trees and then come into the city of Jiujiang to sell it. She says this is the only place in china that has this. I boil it with the water and another fragrant herb she gives to me, drink it, and 15 minutes later I am asleep. I waske up feeling very refreshed. She says it flushes bad things from the body. She must be right. As soon as I wake up then it's to the bathroom :unsure:

What about pourer tea? Anyone have any experience with its benefits?

Fill me in.........

Many Southern Chinese feel that pu'er tea is the most healthful of all tea beverages. It is more "refined" than white or green tea, but the fermentation is believed to add many benefits. It is very rarely seen in the U.S., at least outside of a 'Chinatown' setting.

Best Regards

Fishing on a hot sunny day :unsure:

'cept it's freezing here....just got back from my evening walk.

Yeah, I thought there might have been a fishing expedition going on too. But I wasn't being asked about Psilcybin or, 'shrooms, so I wasn't sure.

But as a preemptive counter (just in case), I have never used any halucinogenic nor have I ever been intoxicated. I do drink maybe a six-pack a year and I don't care for the taste of wine. Mountain Dew or water tastes much better.

:P Mountain Dew sends me over the edge.........Green tea is muchhhhhhhhhh more pleasant......No aftershocks.

Interesting....there's more caffeine in tea than the Dew. If I need to stay awake I'll drink some Snapple Tea. I can drink a Dew and go right to sleep. But I've mostly given up the Dew because of the sugar and I won't touch aspartame--that stuff is damn nasty. I read a bunch of studies on that stuff that were done before FDA approval was granted. At the original doses that were at first deemed safe, something like 40% of the subjects suffered grand mal seizures and 16% died (among other problems). So did the FDA ban the stuff? No they just said, "lower the concentration". Were they factoring in a 128oz. Super Gulp when they made that decision? No thanks.

I predict that consumption of high-fructose corn syrup will one day be implicated as a high-risk factor in the development of diabetes.