Had my interview

an hour ago. I think it went well ... my skillset is a strong match for the position. It is actually a position located at Xiamen University in Xiamen, China. It would be a joint venture project between the university and a U.S. company.

Hehehe ... incidentally a few hours before the interview, I got another call with a large U.S. company hoping to bring me in as an employee. :lol: When it rains, it pours.

Unfortunately, the US company called my cell during happy hour when I was hanging out with some friends :ph34r: so I don't know how articulate I came across. :o Oh, well. Overall, it has been a very nice day. :(

P.J.

an hour ago.  I think it went well ... my skillset is a strong match for the position.  It is actually a position located at Xiamen University in Xiamen, China.  It would be a joint venture project between the university and a U.S. company. 

Hehehe ... incidentally a few hours before the interview, I got another call with a large U.S. company hoping to bring me in as an employee. :(  When it rains, it pours. 

Unfortunately, the US company called my cell during happy hour when I was hanging out with some friends :ph34r: so I don't know how articulate I came across. :)  Oh, well.  Overall, it has been a very nice day.  :D

P.J.

hmmm. lemme get that straight.

You posted at 8+ PM

The interview was 7+ pm

the US company called a few hours before..

Say, you Floridians do happy hours at 4 PM?? :lol: :o

Good deal PJ ! I wish you luck. :P

Uhhh actually,

I posted at 9 PM. :lol:

The interview was at 8 PM. :(

Happy hour was at 5 PM. I billed low for today and left relatively early. :)

My board apparently does not adjust for time changes. :o

I need to go in and find a way to change time. :ph34r:

P.J.

Xiamen University would be a really good job.  I liked Xiamen when I was there during the Spring Holiday.  As I remember, the University has two locations.  The one on the island out in the harbor was especially nice.  Good luck on your job interviews.

Yeah, Xiamen University is very beautiful. I was graduated from there... :lol: :o :ph34r:

I would be really glad to say "WELCOME, PJ" if PJ takes this job. hee hee...

Xiamen is a beautiful city with a long history and many interesting sites. The university there is beautiful and the climate similar to that in Tampa. It is near where I lived in China, Shantou. Good luck PJ.

Hi All,

Hmmm ... we'll see how my interview went. I sent nice thank-you notes to everyone, now it's just a matter of waiting.

In the meantime, however, I have sent off a number of other job applications. B) It has kept me focused. :D

I am one of those strange individuals that actually enjoys a lot of things that turns off many people ... job searching, haggling on price at an auto dealership, and public speaking.

Now for the waiting game. I feel somewhat anxious, because there is so much uncertainty in my life, I feel like I am at a fork in the road, and I can sense the winds of change gearing up to sweep through my life. Where will I be in a month? Will I be at a new job in the U.S.? Will I be in a foreign country taking a crash course in a language? I don't know.

However, it is very exciting, and I am trying to learn to accept and even embrace change, and not to fear it.

P.J.

PJ is the one who set this BBS?

I've heard some stories and really think it's unfair that such a nice guy has a bad experience...

Hope u a good stay in XIAMEN,the beautiful city,and got to prove:Kind hearts will always get good return! :)

I have a close friend WENG ZHAO-XIA in XIAMEN who works at the Customs,and her husband is also an engineer,call xxxx if u need any help there, just tell her my name APRIL is ok.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I snip the phone number to prevent unwanted calls. Please PM PJ to give him the tele number.

Tony