AOS Interview

Lin did his biometrics in CA in October and was scheduled for an interview in the beginning of December in California. Because we moved at the end of October to NY the interview was cancelled and we got a notification telling us they would notify us if a new interview was going to be scheduled.

We never heard anything again and his USCIS status is = Interview cancelled or something similar. We moved to corporate housing for 3 months and now we are buying a home and will move again in the end of January.

1) Should I worry that I have not heard anything yet?

2) Will moving again further delay the interview?

Not that I have a choice about moving .. but just wondering what to expect.

Toni

Hi Toni,

We are in the same circumstance as you and Lin.

Lucy had her biometrics in March and an AOS interview scheduled on June 5th. We arrived to the interview and told the officer we were moving to East Texas at the end of June.

( I was in Murrieta, Ca.)

Of course he cancelled but gave us the road map of what would take place if we followed these steps:

1. File I-865 for petitioner change of address.

2. File AR-11 for beneficiary change of address.

3. Call USCIS and tell the CSR of change of address.

4. Wait 10 days after receiving notice that address is changed.

5. Make infopass appointment to schedule interview at Dallas office.

Ok... we get to the appointment in Dallas and they just blew us "right out the water"!!!

They said we needed to file DORA which is a pilot program to do the entire AOS process by mail and it's supposed to be faster and better (yada yada yada)

I explained that we were in the interview phase of the AOS and all this DORA stuff had been done in California. Showing receipts, letters and documents had no effect on them and we were turned away... AGAIN!!!

Since then, we received two email notices that they cannot deliver some kind of notice to the address we have on file, even though the USCIS had sent the change of address notice prior to our so called interview. The USCIS says the USPS marks our address as undeliverable.

(The USPS has no problem sending my taxes and other bills) :)

Three times now, I sat on the phone and changed our address. Was even told by one CSR that I should file a complaint against the Dallas office as this was completely wrong of their actions. All that would do would sit on someones desk and collect dust or even delay our case even longer.

Long and short of it is this for me. We're fine as it is. The green card right now is just a sign of her progression and how far all of us have come since we first met 2 and a half years ago.

She can't leave the country without Advanced parole so that is about it for us. She is wanting to go visit Nanning soon and can't until all this is cleared.

I just keep checking our status. Keep waiting for that undeliverable notice to get delivered as I have done everything asked by my Government.

Lesson learned by me... DON'T MOVE WHEN IN THE AOS PROCESS!

Good luck to you and Lin. I'm sure it will all settle soon!

Eric

You need to make an InfoPass Appointment at your new location. We had the same problem. The Change of Address forms did nothing. The calls to customer service did nothing. Only an InfoPass appoint worked for us. They transferred the file and in about a month or two an interview was scheduled at the new location.

You need to make an InfoPass Appointment at your new location. We had the same problem. The Change of Address forms did nothing. The calls to customer service did nothing. Only an InfoPass appoint worked for us. They transferred the file and in about a month or two an interview was scheduled at the new location.

We did just that and this is when all the hoopla started. I hope this is not what will happen to Toni!

We did just that and this is when all the hoopla started. I hope this is not what will happen to Toni!

I am unclear about what the Infopass appointment is for? What happens at an infopass appointment and what is my purpose of setting one up? I know the change of address has gone through because we recieved a notice at the new address telling us that they will contact us if they plan to schedule another interview. I also did the change of address via phone before mailing the change of address form and neither the lady on the phone or the notice in the mail informed me to make an infopass appointment.

Please tell me what the info pass thing is.

We had moved twice during the process and had sent timely address changes and made the call to customer service. If you are in the same boat, your file will be in limbo somewhere until you make the InfoPass apt. They will probably not know where your file is and will tell you come back in a month. I would make the INFOPASS appointment now. I would bring all copies of your prior changes of address with you. Check the new office you are moving too and find out if their timeline states you should have received an interview.

We had moved twice during the process and had sent timely address changes and made the call to customer service. If you are in the same boat, your file will be in limbo somewhere until you make the InfoPass apt. They will probably not know where your file is and will tell you come back in a month. I would make the INFOPASS appointment now. I would bring all copies of your prior changes of address with you. Check the new office you are moving too and find out if their timeline states you should have received an interview.

Thank you for the advice. I have one more move that i will be making next month. I am thinking perhaps I should wait until I move to make the info pass appointment because if I make it now and then move again, won't I have to make another one?