2nd Interview/Submitting Document Process

Hi, I need help from members who got a blue slip on the first interview and passed on the second. My wife got her blue slip on her first interview because her England police certificate expired and now she has an updated one. I attended the US Citizen hour and ask about my wife situation and they told me it is only the expired police certificate that caused my wife to not pass. My question is:

- After submitting the new police certificate will she receive the pink slip or will she get her visa the same day? I know she will have to pay for all the necessary fees first.

- If she gets the pink slip and then pay for all the fees, my wife then can pick up the visa 2 days later at the post office? Is that correct? Also, how close is the post office to the US Embassy?

Thanks!

- You make an appointment to drop off the materials requested for overcome.

- Drop them off at the appointment

- Wait two days for decision

- if decision is to issue a visa, wait two days to pickup at post office and pay RMB 20...

Post office Instructions:

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...or%20tianyu.htm

Jun Yuan Post Office

155 Tianhe East Road

Guangzhou, China

Telephone: 020-38188078

µØÖ·£º¹ãÖÝÊÐÌìºÓ¶«Â·155ºÅ¿¥Ô´Óʾ֡£ÁªÏµµç»°£º020-38188078¡£

David, my wife already got the date for her 2nd interview/drop-off materials to provide the new UK police certificate. Don't the VO let you know during the interview whether you passed or not?

Base on what you wrote below it sounds like my wife submits the new police certificate to the VO and then go back to the hotel and then go through the process to see the VO again 2 days later just to know if she passes or not. If pass then she can pick up the visa at the post office two day later.

- if decision is to issue a visa, wait two days to pickup at post office and pay RMB 20...

Jun Yuan Post Office

155 Tianhe East Road

Guangzhou, China

David, my wife already got the date for her 2nd interview/drop-off materials to provide the new UK police certificate. Don't the VO let you know during the interview whether you passed or not?

Base on what you wrote below it sounds like my wife submits the new police certificate to the VO and then go back to the hotel and then go through the process to see the VO again 2 days later just to know if she passes or not. If pass then she can pick up the visa at the post office two day later.

Jun Yuan Post Office

155 Tianhe East Road

Guangzhou, China

There is not another interview at all.. it's just a 'drop off' of the materials at a window at the consulate... I cannot say whether the person at the window is a VO, or if the same original VO reviews the material dropped off. But they have two working days to review it and contact her.

She will NOT see another VO ... she will simply be contacted... and if visa issued, then another two days to pickup.. If she lives in Guangdong, it can be mailed to her...

Hopefully, someone will correct anything I'm stating incorrectly.

You said that that your wife's police certificate from England was expired. Was it older than a year, or was it a shorter time?

What did your England police certificate look like? My wife's is from Australia, and it is actually a very simple piece of paper that doesn't look very official at all.

Thank you!

Yes, it was 19 months old by the time of the interview. It is a long story with this police certificate. Anyway my wife has the new police certificate. It is not a simple piece of paper from UK.

I have e-mailed GZ to see if my wife can send in the updated police certificate without coming to just submit it in person. I have not gotten a response back yet.

You said that that your wife's police certificate from England was expired. Was it older than a year, or was it a shorter time?

What did your England police certificate look like? My wife's is from Australia, and it is actually a very simple piece of paper that doesn't look very official at all.

Thank you!

Yes, it was 19 months old by the time of the interview. It is a long story with this police certificate. Anyway my wife has the new police certificate. It is not a simple piece of paper from UK.

I have e-mailed GZ to see if my wife can send in the updated police certificate without coming to just submit it in person. I have not gotten a response back yet.

Thank you!

we just overcome our blue slip, your so will need to take the papers on the date she was give , forget e-mail and fax , don't chance anything like that , if all they ask for is a new police check , then you should get a pink slip , best of luck , and keep smileing :)

I have been trading e-mails with the Visa Unit and they told me my wife don't need to go to the 2nd interview. Instead send in the update police certificate. Were you aware of this option?

Thank you!

we just overcome our blue slip, your so will need to take the papers on the date she was give , forget e-mail and fax , don't chance anything like that , if all they ask for is a new police check , then you should get a pink slip , best of luck , and keep smileing :)

we just overcome our blue slip, your so will need to take the papers on the date she was give , forget e-mail and fax , don't chance anything like that , if all they ask for is a new police check , then you should get a pink slip , best of luck , and keep smileing :rolleyes:

It's not clear if "send it in" means by appointment to turn in the document or fax it...

For lack of a better term, I'll call the latter "overcome by fax"... usually this is permitted when the denial is based on a document issue. If the consulate says it's ok to fax it to them, then do so..

I'd include the beneficiary name, DOB, phone number [to contact her], GUZ #, interview date... and statement of what document is being sent.

IV Unit Fax #:

While in China: 020-3884-4412

While in the US: 011-86-20-3884-4412

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)