THE FIRST ENCOURAGING NEWS AFTER MONTHS OF WAITING

Hey, all friends on CFL, I just called the US VISA SERVICE CENTER in China, which is by the number: 4008-872-333, I waited and waited, and finally got to talk to a guy speaking in Cantonese, that was no problem for me, cause I can speak perfect Mandarin and Cantonese. hahahaa.......

However, when I asked about my case status, he checked on his computer system and told me: "Sir, your case has arrived in GUZ, and you are on the waiting stage for P4 and you will be notified the interview date with the P4." and then I asked "Could you look into your system and help me check if the consulate has set the interview date for me yet? " He said very kindly to me:" Sorry, sir, there is not yet any information regarding your interview date in the system."

No matter what, I am going to call DOS tonight again to find out some more info if I can. haha....

Well, well, well, I think I feel so much better now knowing that my case file was not lost.

But what should I do now? Does anybody know how much longer I have to wait until I get my P4??

Share some thoughts with me when you guys have time ok?

Thanks in advance.

FREEASABIRD

Happy you feel better bout your case ....

Great news!

Wheel Man :P

Hey, all friends on CFL, I just called the US VISA SERVICE CENTER in China, which is by the number: 4008-872-333, I waited and waited, and finally got to talk to a guy speaking in Cantonese, that was no problem for me, cause I can speak perfect Mandarin and Cantonese. hahahaa.......

However, when I asked about my case status, he checked on his computer system and told me: "Sir, your case has arrived in GUZ, and you are on the waiting stage for P4 and you will be notified the interview date with the P4." and then I asked "Could you look into your system and help me check if the consulate has set the interview date for me yet? " He said very kindly to me:" Sorry, sir, there is not yet any information regarding your interview date in the system."

No matter what, I am going to call DOS tonight again to find out some more info if I can. haha....

Well, well, well, I think I feel so much better now knowing that my case file was not lost.

But what should I do now? Does anybody know how much longer I have to wait until I get my P4??

Share some thoughts with me when you guys have time ok?

Thanks in advance.

FREEASABIRD

Experience shows that individual cases can vary a lot, but I understand your desire to have some idea of others wait times. In the case of my wife and I, we had an interview date within 3 weeks of GUZ acknowledging that they had our case in the system. This however was after an over 3 month wait after receiving notice that our case had been forwarded to GUZ. My wife was able to figure out the DHL shipping records and knew that our case had been sent, but had not yet been picked up, and languished in DHL's storage facility for almost 2.5 months. At that point I contacted my congresswoman, and her office wrote a letter to GUZ asking for information on our case, and urging them to move on it. I have no idea if this was what broke the logjam, but shortly after she sent the letter I called the DOS and was told that we had an interview date of Oct. 30th, and a week later my wife received the P4 packet at her home in Chengdu. I was advised by a few members that contacting congressmembers might be better left for bigger issues, or real problems, but I had already contacted her by then. It certainly didn't hurt (laopo passed her interview on Oct. 30th, and we're together now in SF Bay area since Nov. 12th). <_< Hope you have a similar experience and you get an interview date and recieve the P4 packet soon.

Hi, naogong, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me on this matter, I really appreciate it. Well, I called the DOS last night, and finally got to talk to a lady there, she was very nice and patient, and when I gave her my case number, she told me that according to the info she could find, my case file was picked up by GUZ on Nov. 24,2006. And then she told me that I should expect 3 months before I get my interview date. I really don't know when I will get my P4 and be informed the interview date, now I am kinda glad that my case file was finally entered into the GUZ system and things are moving on.

I am going to call 4008 and DOS in January next year to see the case status.

Praise the LORD, and may GOD bless everyone on CFL.

FREEASABIRD