Christmas Gifts

May I also use this thread to also ask a similar question? Thanks Jo. :cheering:

I mentioned in a previous thread that I have an 8 yo friend, Sandy. I want to give her something for Christmas. If I ask my American female coworkers, they always suggest something along the lines of Barbie doll, as ALL 8 year old girls love Barbie dolls. Yet, I learned a good lesson last year, after sending a couple of Barbies to my former SO's 8 yo daughter. After arriving on my second visit, I saw that the dolls were still in their original boxes, unopened. I realize and understand now that Chinese women give and want practical, educational and useful gifts for their children. So, I am at a bit of quandry on what to give Sandy. Any suggestions appreciated.

May I also use this thread to also ask a similar question? Thanks Jo. :partytime2:

I mentioned in a previous thread that I have an 8 yo friend, Sandy. I want to give her something for Christmas. If I ask my American female coworkers, they always suggest something along the lines of Barbie doll, as ALL 8 year old girls love Barbie dolls. Yet, I learned a good lesson last year, after sending a couple of Barbies to my former SO's 8 yo daughter. After arriving on my second visit, I saw that the dolls were still in their original boxes, unopened. I realize and understand now that Chinese women give and want practical, educational and useful gifts for their children. So, I am at a bit of quandry on what to give Sandy. Any suggestions appreciated.

Little girls likes Barbie doll, but their mom's are not so thrilled at watching their kids dress and undress the little figure all the time.

May I also use this thread to also ask a similar question? Thanks Jo. :)

Maybe OT but one thing I remember from my China

visits is when we went to the book stores there were

always pleanty of kids sitting on the floor reading.

I don't see that here.