• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew

If I am doing the DHL tracking correctly, GZ has not picked up and signed for anything since October 16th. Does anyone have any different information? :D

Historically, GUZ might sign for packages once per week, but there were certainly times when there was two or three weeks before someone would sign. Not sure it means much, but it's a nice feeling to know that your paperwork might be in the stack that was just signed for....

edit...

Just noticed something I hadn't seen before. Some of the GUZ shipments have the message:

"(phone icon) Please contact DHL"

Not sure what that means. Maybe the mailroom person hasn't been showing up for work.... :huh:

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

If I am doing the DHL tracking correctly, GZ has not picked up and signed for anything since October 16th. Does anyone have any different information? :D

Historically, GUZ might sign for packages once per week, but there were certainly times when there was two or three weeks before someone would sign. Not sure it means much, but it's a nice feeling to know that your paperwork might be in the stack that was just signed for....

edit...

Just noticed something I hadn't seen before. Some of the GUZ shipments have the message:

"(phone icon) Please contact DHL"

Not sure what that means. Maybe the mailroom person hasn't been showing up for work.... :huh:

Yes, I have seen that icon as well. I was told that if you call DHL you will not get any additional information. :(

Guest ShaQuaNew

It means that DHL has noticed that the packages haven't been picked up - like "Please contact DHL for delivery"

That's sort of what I was thinking too. They've always used DHL as their personal storage area. Maybe DHL is pulling the plug on that and going to start pushing them for pickups....

Maybe I'm getting too anxious, but what the H is going on? I checked again today and they still haven't picked up any packages after 10/16. Here we are December 4th. Is this normal? :rolleyes:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Maybe I'm getting too anxious, but what the H is going on? I checked again today and they still haven't picked up any packages after 10/16. Here we are December 4th. Is this normal? :sosad:

No. It doesn't fit the pattern that's been tracked for a long time now. This is unusual. Something has changed. It's too early to tell whether or not it's for the better...

It's unclear what is simply IMBRA effect or not.. but whether they pick up or not does not mean nothing goes on with the case, particularly K# cases.. if the electronic files are being sent then they should be able to do the name checks.

I know many don't like the idea that "it is what it is".. but this is what it is right now...

Maybe I'm getting too anxious, but what the H is going on? I checked again today and they still haven't picked up any packages after 10/16. Here we are December 4th. Is this normal? :unsure:

I am not sure about the tracking via DHL as I never bothered with attempting that. I did call DOS a couple of times to ask about the status. I waited until it had been 50 days from date it was mailed from NVC. It didn't get logged in until 55 days which I think is about average. We got our P3 a week later. Good Luck.

It's unclear what is simply IMBRA effect or not.. but whether they pick up or not does not mean nothing goes on with the case, particularly K# cases.. if the electronic files are being sent then they should be able to do the name checks.

I know many don't like the idea that "it is what it is".. but this is what it is right now...

Yes, this "what it is, is what it is" is frankly very annoying at times.

A person I know on VJ has this for their timeline:

07-11-2006: NOA1 (CSC)

07-14-2006: Touched

09-19-2006: Touched

09-20-2006: Touched

10-01-2006: Email notification of RFE (mailed September 29th)

10-19-2006: IMBRA RFE received; form signed and sent back to California

10-27-2006: Email confirming our completed IMBRA form reached CSC

10-28-2006: Touched

10-30-2006: Touched

10-31-2006: Touched

11-02-2006: NOA2

11-03-2006: Touched

11-05-2006: NOA2 in the mailbox

11-14-2006: Petition received at NVC

11-17-2006: Petition left NVC

11-20-2006: Case reached Bucharest

11-22-2006: Picked up Packet 3; Done medical

One week from it being shipped off from NVC to P3 in hand.

When will GUZ be able to do that? When hell freezes over? :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm getting too anxious, but what the H is going on? I checked again today and they still haven't picked up any packages after 10/16. Here we are December 4th. Is this normal? <_<

I am not sure about the tracking via DHL as I never bothered with attempting that. I did call DOS a couple of times to ask about the status. I waited until it had been 50 days from date it was mailed from NVC. It didn't get logged in until 55 days which I think is about average. We got our P3 a week later. Good Luck.

I am a strong advocate of watching the numbers to know when to expect what.. to help keep the blood pressure down if nothing else <_<

I think that right now, with the numbers difficult to track since IMBRA, it's best to watch the actually timelines... Meaning: We can easily track who is actually getting something and when. And we see that those who got a NOA2 in Aug and Sept are next in line to get P3s... so I would watch those in the line in front of you for a reasonable way to expect the next step... If the ones in front of you are not moving, don't expect to move yourself yet...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Maybe I'm getting too anxious, but what the H is going on? I checked again today and they still haven't picked up any packages after 10/16. Here we are December 4th. Is this normal? :o

I am a strong advocate of watching the numbers to know when to expect what.. to help keep the blood pressure down if nothing else :D

I think that right now, with the numbers difficult to track since IMBRA, it's best to watch the actually timelines... Meaning: We can easily track who is actually getting something and when. And we see that those who got a NOA2 in Aug and Sept are next in line to get P3s... so I would watch those in the line in front of you for a reasonable way to expect the next step... If the ones in front of you are not moving, don't expect to move yourself yet...

I believe it's absolutely necessary to keep a close eye on everything; including reading tea leaves. I say this after reading quite a few stories on this site from stop in every now and then members asking what could be going wrong with their paperwork. Sometimes things get hung up, lost, sent to the wrong place, or whatever. Making regular calls, watching charts not only will keep you busy while you wait, but it may also help you circumvent a needless delay when something goes awry. Sitting back and waiting is okay for some things, but with an immigration system that is plagued with error, it's quite unwise.

Sitting back and waiting is okay for some things, but with an immigration system that is plagued with error, it's quite unwise.

I've tried doing it both ways, being active and waiting. Neither seems to matter. I just called DOS for the first time. All the lady could tell me is what I already knew. "Sir, your case has been sent to China, but there has been no activity showing on your case." It's kind of out of my hands and I have no alternative but to "WAIT" :o