H1-B reentry visa questions

Guest qq07788

Guest qq07788

Hello,

I am a Chinese citizen and on H1-B status in U.S. My father recently was dignosed of having cancer, so I need to go back to FuZhou to take care of him ASAP. I heard there are basically two approaches to get a return visa back to U.S.

1. Apply for a return visa at U.S. consulate in China, probably in GuangZhou. But I heard it will take long time, probably 3-4 month time to get approval due to security background check these day. I wonder if anyone is aware of true situation there in China? How about apply return visa in U.S. consulate in Hong Kong?

2. Apply for a return visa at U.S. consulates in either Canada or Mexico. I heard this is earier and faster. Does anyone has the experience on this approach? Which country is easier? Whcih city should I go to give a try?

In addition to above two approach, is there other way worth to try to get return visa?

Thanks for your suggestions.

qq

---------------------------------------------------------

It is not necessary to show your email address. Members can PM or email you from the link. I will remove your email address to protect you from spamming.

Tony