I have a question to all of you

"A WHO expert said on Monday the course of the deadly SARS appeared to be slowing at its source in southern China, while Hong Kong reported a spate of new cases of the mystery virus that has caused a global health scare."

I think it depends where she lives. I would avoid stopping in HK, Beijing, and Guangzhou. What scares me is the flight back to US. It seems like the virus is airborne. Also, the disease is highly contagious and I fear of giving it to my family members, friends and co-workers.

Yeah, I agree the flight would be the most dangerous place. But I really have the same feeling as the GZ girl that Tony mentioned in another post. Here in China, even GZ or Shenzhen, people do everything as usual. No one wears mask. You can find out that only few people got infected comparing with the large population in these cities.

I supposed to go to HK for business last week. But all of my friends in HK persuaded me not to come. They told me everyone there wearing the masks, no one went shopping, no one on the street after work. It shocked me when I heard this. Then I started to look into everything related to SARS on the internet. All kinds of saying there. You didn't know what you should believe...

But I do think that the disease has been controlled.

However, should we start our travel now? :lol: :lol:

I guess it depends on different area. I think Beijing, HK or Guangzhou/Guangxi would be dangerous to visit and HK is the most dangerous one. :(

No matter where you go in China, you will have to fly to/from Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou. I believe the risk is high when you are flying and inhaling bad stale (could be SARS) air.

As some of you know, Li and I flew out of GZ on March 28. I figured GZ was not completely safe but a better bet than Hong Kong. The flight was packed and, as I didn't sleep a wink due to crying babies, kept a close ear out for signs of anyone coughing or showing other symptoms. Didn't notice anything and we are still symptom free after nearly two weeks at home. Thank God. I think flying is the worst case scenario for transmission of the disease. If I were still in China, I would also avoid long distance buses as well.

As some of you know, Li and I flew out of GZ on March 28. I figured GZ  was  not  completely safe but a better bet than Hong Kong. The flight was packed and, as I didn't sleep a wink due to crying babies, kept a close ear out for signs of anyone coughing or showing other symptoms. Didn't notice anything and we are still symptom free after nearly two weeks at home. Thank God. I think flying is the worst case scenario for transmission of the disease. If I were still in China, I would also avoid long distance buses as well.

My fiancee took a 3 hr trainride to her birthplace last week for Ching Ming (visit ancestor graves) and she said the train was packed and the air was stale (some people illegally smoked too).

i don't know how terrible SARS really is now...only get to be scared by newspaper and Tv...So i suggest if u don't have anything urgently to go to those dangerous place,delay your trip when things become better...

I was in GZ last Dec for my K1 visa interview,and didn't see anyone with mask when i got out of the plane,while i was the only one with it for i was well prepared :)

I was in GZ this Feb to pick up my visa,and i still got masks with me for more and more bad news spreading everywhere in China.I got my friends laughed at me so much when i entered the room with a big mask on face, ;)

My sister is in GZ now for CANTON FAIR,and she told me almost no buyers there this fair,only some from HK or some black people from INDIA or AFRICA... but still,GZ people live a life as usual except no so many people eat outside now,while GZ is a city which was so popular on restaurants :)