Green card in hand in less than 4 weeks!!!

My daughter received her green card today --- 23 days after she entered country!!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

What a speed! The officer put a stamp in her passport good for one year to serve as a temp green card when she entered the country, telling her that she should expect her real card in 6-9 months. Obviously government timeline is unpredicable. Of course no one will complain receiving anything earlier than promised. I am done with her paperwork! BTW, she has successfully passed the TOEFL test and is ready to enroll as as a sophmore in Sept.

Maybe this is a good sign to all of you processing AOS here in this country. There is hope after all -- they are processing at lightning speed!!! Good luck to you all! My prayers are still with those who are waitling for the delayed visa. Just keep your faith -- don't give up!

Charlotte, that is very nice that her paperwork is all finished but I believe it was just a very very lucky thing, plus the fact you are in the Vermont Service Center area instead of any of the others. That is impressive that she passed her TOEFL test already, what a clever young lady!!! America gets lucky with her Chinese immigrants.

Guest lele-lele
My daughter received her green card today --- 23 days after she entered country!!!  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :lol:

Yuhui received her citizenship YESTERDAY ! :P :P

What took her daughter so long ?? ;)

:lol: :lol:

it is so increditable. are you sure what Yuhui got is citizenship instead of a greencard? normally one should live in USA for three years before she can get citizenship... :o :huh: :P

it is so increditable. are you sure what Yuhui got is citizenship instead of a greencard? normally one should live in USA for three years before she can get citizenship... :lol:  :lol:  :o

lelele obviously, I was joking :P :P

I knew you were joking. My fiancee's sister has been in this country for 6 years and she passed her Citizen exam 3 months ago. However, she is still waiting for the swearing ceremony. :lol: :huh: :rolleyes: :lol:

If it was citizenship, then we need to talk.  I'll hire you to handle my wife's case! :D

Congratulations on the TOEFL test!  That really is very impressive.

Thanks guys. For those did not take the test, TOEFL test here is all computerized. She had to type the essay too. The listen portion is more difficulty than the paper-based test. On the paper based, you see the multiple choices before you hear the conversation -- you can kind of guess what kind of the conversation coming up; on the PC based, all you see is a picture of a man and a woman while you listen. After the conversation, you see a question, then 4 answers popped up for you to choose. I was surprised she did fine in that section! She even had 30 minutes to spare in the structure/writing section and scored the highest of all 3 sections. Lily has seen more American movies than Rudi and I put together. She also has a huge collections of American pop music --- believe or not, that contributed to her listening comprehesion. Rudi and my colleagues are amazed at how much she can comprehend here already. For those who don't have much exposure to the English environment, I would still recommend to take paper-based if you are still in China-- of course this is only applicable to those who want to attend a college here.

• 2 weeks later...

This is great news Charlotte. Sorry I am late in responding but I must have missed the thread somehow last time I was on the board. It is refreshing to see that you had such a quick turnaround time on this, especially in light of the fact that you had to wait for an eternity to get the visa. Also a big congrats on the TOEFL. I wish your daughter the best in her future studies.

Li and I are adjusting well to life back in the States. All of my friends here in Alabama and Tennessee are giving her a crash course in how to speak southern. They even bought her a book about it. <_<