Interview without P4

Guest ShaQuaNew

I¡¯m having a hell of a time trying to get GUZ to re-send the P4 that my wife never received. DOS says I can pick up the P4 at the consulate a few days before the interview. Has anyone ever done that??

I think many of the members on this site completed the required paperwork in a "dry-run" method. You can find copies of the p-4 paperwork here on this site and fill in the blanks, so that your partner can be prepared to complete the forms once they arrive, by copying from one to another. While many members have not had a problem using and submitting the p-4 forms they found online, there may be an anal VO or clerk that wants you to use only those forms supplied by their offices. In either case, you should have no problem. Just make sure that you're prepared to get the medical done at least two days before the interview, and no later than the day before.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

It isn't so much the forms that I am worried about. How will she get into the consulate without the appointment letter ??

I¡¯m having a hell of a time trying to get GUZ to re-send the P4 that my wife never received. DOS says I can pick up the P4 at the consulate a few days before the interview. Has anyone ever done that??

I think many of the members on this site completed the required paperwork in a "dry-run" method. You can find copies of the p-4 paperwork here on this site and fill in the blanks, so that your partner can be prepared to complete the forms once they arrive, by copying from one to another. While many members have not had a problem using and submitting the p-4 forms they found online, there may be an anal VO or clerk that wants you to use only those forms supplied by their offices. In either case, you should have no problem. Just make sure that you're prepared to get the medical done at least two days before the interview, and no later than the day before.

Guest ShaQuaNew

It isn't so much the forms that I am worried about. How will she get into the consulate without the appointment letter ??

You may want to have her call the consulate herself and make the request. They may make arrangements for her to get there a few days before the interview to pick up the paperwork. Have you been able to verify that the address they have on register for her matches her actual address. Has she received previous mailings, e.g., the P3? If so, I wouldn't fret too much about it, as they should be able to reprint that information and make it available for pickup; but again, someone, either you are her needs to nail that down via telephone...

good luck...

I’m having a hell of a time trying to get GUZ to re-send the P4 that my wife never received. DOS says I can pick up the P4 at the consulate a few days before the interview. Has anyone ever done that??

You may want to have her call the consulate herself and make the request. They may make arrangements for her to get there a few days before the interview to pick up the paperwork. Have you been able to verify that the address they have on register for her matches her actual address. Has she received previous mailings, e.g., the P3? If so, I wouldn't fret too much about it, as they should be able to reprint that information and make it available for pickup; but again, someone, either you are her needs to nail that down via telephone...

good luck...

She needs the P4 letter to do the medical exam.. depending on where you were hoping to do the medical, you probably want to get this letter sooner than later..

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

good luck...

She needs the P4 letter to do the medical exam.. depending on where you were hoping to do the medical, you probably want to get this letter sooner than later..

I agree...

P4 or some sort of prove from GZ that she is legit to do the exam and interview...

They should have some way to cover it...

Yeah David... sooner would be nice. DOS keeps telling me the computer says "waiting on fax" I've sent 3 faxes and the wife has sent 2. Maybe a fax a day should be the new plan...

good luck...

Hi Stephen,

This is not good. I bet you are walking in pins and needles. I know I would be.

Here are some of my thoughts that may help, maybe not, but it is worth a shot.

Going to Guangzhou in person would do the trick in my mind. Arrive a week in advance prior to interview day. Is it possible? We arrived 3 days in advance not a scratch on the P4 docs, no medical, no fee for visa paid, so it is do-able. Just have all the supporting documents to prove your case, and a few days to explain to the Consulate what is needed to proceed. They do say the forms are available at the Consulate, so what you really need is the appointment letter.

But, is there an alternative method? To receive P4 contents, especially appointment letter in time for the interview?

You already have a date for interview.

If it will be here soon, there may not be time to, or worth the hassle of getting them to mail it.

Would corresponding to pursue a reissue of P4 in excess hurt the case? Some might say no, some yes.

If I were in this situation, my game plan would be to bomb them with faxes, emails, and calls. If that renders me fruit, Great, if not then I would be prepared to be there in advance. Even hit the ACH if needed to accomplish the task. Always have a plan B, or even Plan C.

Another thing is if you don¡¯t have P4, who does? The Consulate might like to know, maybe not. I don¡¯t think there is anything someone could do if they had it without the case background. It does have the appointment letter, but the other documents in P4 are standard issue. I would not worry about this too much.

You know those bumps that we read about that can occur in the process? You have hit a big one, but it does not have to be. Just have a plan to conquer it.

I wish you and yours the best.

Eric

If you plan to go to China for the interview then ACH is the key. I don't know what day of the week your interview date is. ACH is on Friday. Go to a Friday ACH at least 3-4 working days ahead of the interview. Hopefully you'll get the right advice at ACH and a copy of the P4 letter that day or the next ... then you can get your medical ... etc ... etc.

Thanks Eric and Jim... Lots of good thoughts. I've already bombed them .. for the last 3 weeks. The interview is on a Wed and if I can't get the P4 to her by then I was planning on going to the ACH. It would be the Friday before Christmas so.. don't know if they will have ACH. Still have 4 weeks... will wait and see what happens. No more bombs. My whole process has been like this.. but I'm not quitting.. Ever.

Stephen, although I can't help you, I just want you to know that my thoughts are with you and that I wish you the best. Have you worn out your shocks on this bumpy road? :blink:

Bring her home, man! Ron

Thanks Ron, I appreciate it¡­ I wish things had went smoother :) It¡¯s the end result that matters and there will be only one. Hope the rest of your journey is fast and smooooth :)

Stephen, although I can't help you, I just want you to know that my thoughts are with you and that I wish you the best. Have you worn out your shocks on this bumpy road? :D

Bring her home, man! Ron

Hi Stephen,

This is not good. I bet you are walking in pins and needles. I know I would be.

Here are some of my thoughts that may help, maybe not, but it is worth a shot.

Going to Guangzhou in person would do the trick in my mind. Arrive a week in advance prior to interview day. Is it possible? We arrived 3 days in advance not a scratch on the P4 docs, no medical, no fee for visa paid, so it is do-able. Just have all the supporting documents to prove your case, and a few days to explain to the Consulate what is needed to proceed. They do say the forms are available at the Consulate, so what you really need is the appointment letter.

But, is there an alternative method? To receive P4 contents, especially appointment letter in time for the interview?

You already have a date for interview.

If it will be here soon, there may not be time to, or worth the hassle of getting them to mail it.

Would corresponding to pursue a reissue of P4 in excess hurt the case? Some might say no, some yes.

If I were in this situation, my game plan would be to bomb them with faxes, emails, and calls. If that renders me fruit, Great, if not then I would be prepared to be there in advance. Even hit the ACH if needed to accomplish the task. Always have a plan B, or even Plan C.

Another thing is if you don¡¯t have P4, who does? The Consulate might like to know, maybe not. I don¡¯t think there is anything someone could do if they had it without the case background. It does have the appointment letter, but the other documents in P4 are standard issue. I would not worry about this too much.

You know those bumps that we read about that can occur in the process? You have hit a big one, but it does not have to be. Just have a plan to conquer it.

I wish you and yours the best.

Eric

What is ACH ??