CFL Hainan

Hey Roger I think that weather is your primary focus. Could it be that Wisconsin is really getting to you?? :o :cold:

You noticed Charles??? :cold:

Yes we both decided that the weather was VERY important to us for living in our retirement...My ideal means you can leave the windows open all the time, never need heat or AC...only need a light jacket or sweater in the coldest time...and not SWEAT YOUR BUTT OFF... :unsure: in the summer... :D We are both not keen on the high humidity that most of China enjoys... :o in the summer... :D

Edited by rogerluli (see edit history)
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dailian has the intel fab being built there, so maybe some good consulting to be found in that area. I think the Chinese Governmetn wants many new semiconductor to go into dailian. When i do retire i will need some extra work(money), so Chengdu area might be good for work - again many semiconductor there.

Really?! Cool, wifey likes computers and I like heavy industry. Wish I could be in there building trains or ships.

Chengdu is nice too. Been there a couple of times in winter. I guess by the time I got there the citizens of Xian and Beijing had me so used to a permanant shake :unsure: that I didn't care anymore. numb, or that new overcoat I bought in 02 sure did the job.

Roger you have my interest peaked a little about this Hainan. Maybe I wil look into it, but I think I will become bored if just a paradise. At least in Dalian I could watch ships or trains get built.

Dailian has the intel fab being built there, so maybe some good consulting to be found in that area. I think the Chinese Governmetn wants many new semiconductor to go into dailian. When i do retire i will need some extra work(money), so Chengdu area might be good for work - again many semiconductor there.

Really?! Cool, wifey likes computers and I like heavy industry. Wish I could be in there building trains or ships.

Chengdu is nice too. Been there a couple of times in winter. I guess by the time I got there the citizens of Xian and Beijing had me so used to a permanant shake :cold: that I didn't care anymore. numb, or that new overcoat I bought in 02 sure did the job.

Roger you have my interest peaked a little about this Hainan. Maybe I wil look into it, but I think I will become bored if just a paradise. At least in Dalian I could watch ships or trains get built.

Doug you know if Roger lives there then it has to be boring. :cold: :unsure:

Chengdu is nice too. Been there a couple of times in winter. I guess by the time I got there the citizens of Xian and Beijing had me so used to a permanant shake :cold: that I didn't care anymore. numb, or that new overcoat I bought in 02 sure did the job.

Doug you know if Roger lives there then it has to be boring. :lol: <_<

:roller:

Hey I didn't say it. But if the two of us were there, I could drive him :crazy: and the neighborhood would go down in value just because I am there, I'm sure.

I mean I wouldn't have anything else to do but needle and bother someone.

Dougie you are in some kind of fantasy land if you imagine you could OUTNEEDLE moi... :headbang: :happy2:

OK then lets go needle the natives.

Of course our ladies :roller: ..............never mind. :greenblob:

:toot:

Needle the natives... :redblob: Of course... :D

Dougie you are in some kind of fantasy land if you imagine you could OUTNEEDLE moi... B) :D

Of course our ladies :) ..............never mind. :)

:D

Needle the natives... :ph34r: Of course... B)

I caused a few problems in Deeyang asking for extra cups of coffee at McDonalds. Only allowed one, if you are western and ask. How many do you get in Hainan with your breakfast?

Dougie you are in some kind of fantasy land if you imagine you could OUTNEEDLE moi... B) :D

I caused a few problems in Deeyang asking for extra cups of coffee at McDonalds. Only allowed one, if you are western and ask. How many do you get in Hainan with your breakfast?

Don, I'd bet the Deeyang, Hainan...are places where one can still get a nickel cup of coffee. ;)

Dougie you are in some kind of fantasy land if you imagine you could OUTNEEDLE moi... ;) :D

Of course our ladies :o ..............never mind. :ph34r:

Needle the natives... B) Of course... B)

HAHAHAHA... :D Now I know you're pulling my chain Don... :) Imagine going to MacDs for breakfast in China... :P Good one... :) B) :D

Don, I'd bet the Deeyang, Hainan...are places where one can still get a nickel cup of coffee. ;)

Good coffee is hard to find and quite expensive at times. I think Mc Donald was the best I found in Deeyang, Sichuan. The coffee shops all wanted 20 to 40 yuan per cup. In Kumming, Yunnan the coffee was better priced and the local Yunnan was 6-8 yuan, a good price. Mocha Java did cost a lot.

Don, I'd bet the Deeyang, Hainan...are places where one can still get a nickel cup of coffee. :o

Good coffee is hard to find and quite expensive at times. I think Mc Donald was the best I found in Deeyang, Sichuan. The coffee shops all wanted 20 to 40 yuan per cup. In Kumming, Yunnan the coffee was better priced and the local Yunnan was 6-8 yuan, a good price. Mocha Java did cost a lot.

Just stick with the pu'erh Don... ;) But if you must, coffee is grown in Yunnan and Hainan... B)

Edited by rogerluli (see edit history)

Dougie you are in some kind of fantasy land if you imagine you could OUTNEEDLE moi... :huh: :D

Of course our ladies :huh: ..............never mind. :lol:

Needle the natives... :D Of course... B)

Just stick with the pu'erh Don... :D But if you must, coffee is grown in Yunnan and Hainan... ;)

Yunnan coffee is good. I have had it a few times. It is not cheap, you can normally get other kinds cheaper even in Yunnan.