CFL Hainan

"it can be in a Chinese citizens name and a USC name"

Hey Bobbit we've got problems right here in River City... ;) I mean if us EXPERTS can't agree who are the troops going to go to for akurit advics... :lol:

Here's the issue...From what I know, and what wifey tells me I know, and what the real estate people in China told her...A USC's name CANNOT appear on the title...Only Chinese need apply...So as your thingie is in Quotes I am ass-u-me-ng that you got it from another EXPERT... :lol:

So what's the deal here??? Who's right??? Who's on first??? :lol:

Roggit, when my wife tried to put my name on the property last July, they totally refused. Her name only on the property.

Just what we were told in October...So is Bobbit out to lunch on this one or... :lol:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"it can be in a Chinese citizens name and a USC name"

Hey Bobbit we've got problems right here in River City... ;) I mean if us EXPERTS can't agree who are the troops going to go to for akurit advics... :lol:

Here's the issue...From what I know, and what wifey tells me I know, and what the real estate people in China told her...A USC's name CANNOT appear on the title...Only Chinese need apply...So as your thingie is in Quotes I am ass-u-me-ng that you got it from another EXPERT... :lol:

So what's the deal here??? Who's right??? Who's on first??? :lol:

Roggit, when my wife tried to put my name on the property last July, they totally refused. Her name only on the property.

Just what we were told in October...So is Bobbit out to lunch on this one or... :lol:

Roggit as you know I'm not an EXPERT....

after all I'm a TEXAN....

I was told by the real estate folks in CQ, that since we are married and the wifey is Chinese a USC name could appear IF IT WAS PAID FOR.

And since I'm not loaded like you and we had to finance the our Condo. 10yrs I think.

And since the apartment was the wifeys before we married only her name is on the title.

Maybe the real estate folks just said this, thinking I was you and thought I was loaded and could pay cash for the Condo.

I was also told other crap by the real estate folks, that turned out not to be the truth.

Tell you anything to make the sale.

Maybe Tony in SH can tell us the hold truth and nothing but the truth so help me SHEEP?

Yeap we was out to lunch and dinner.....

sorry for sleeping on the job, does this mean I'm fired?

Bobby....

Friends told me foreigners could buy a home in their name as long as it is their primary domicile and not investment property. Anything to this? This applied to a relative of theirs. But they are originally Chinese citizens now with Canadian and U.S. citizenship. But they said it applies to foreigners. The main concern of the Chinese government is to try and control real estate investment and speculation like Roger has done from abroad. :lol:

Friends told me foreigners could buy a home in their name as long as it is their primary domicile and not investment property. Anything to this? This applied to a relative of theirs. But they are originally Chinese citizens now with Canadian and U.S. citizenship. But they said it applies to foreigners. The main concern of the Chinese government is to try and control real estate investment and speculation like Roger has done from abroad. :partytime2:

Hey Dan I AM NOT A SPECTACLE... <_< As for your other point exactly how would one go about proving this house would be your primary domicile??? If they were formerly Chinese citizens then they probably also had Chinese ID cards. When we bought our places laopo was only asked for her ID card...not her hukou book (which we had with) or any other proof of citizenship like her passport. So are there holes in this law??? Does money perhaps talk??? Do monkeys swing from trees??? More later I'm sure... <_<

Friends told me foreigners could buy a home in their name as long as it is their primary domicile and not investment property. Anything to this? This applied to a relative of theirs. But they are originally Chinese citizens now with Canadian and U.S. citizenship. But they said it applies to foreigners. The main concern of the Chinese government is to try and control real estate investment and speculation like Roger has done from abroad. :lol:

Hey Dan I AM NOT A SPECTACLE... :) As for your other point exactly how would one go about proving this house would be your primary domicile??? If they were formerly Chinese citizens then they probably also had Chinese ID cards. When we bought our places laopo was only asked for her ID card...not her hukou book (which we had with) or any other proof of citizenship like her passport. So are there holes in this law??? Does money perhaps talk??? Do monkeys swing from trees??? More later I'm sure... :unsure:

Gosh Roggit I hate to say this but,

you have gotten smarter with age

1) So are there holes in the law?

sure

2) Does money perhaps talk?

of course it does

3) Do monkeys swing from trees?

the monkeys I seen at the Zoo do

4) Are clones smarter after being cloned?

unsure

on the rules of foreigners buying house in CHina, read Circular 171. Do a search and you will find it.

Tony this sounds like a foreigner who is buying a house for their personal use and will be living there for 1 year is home free. But you must have met these conditions and yet could not buy a house in your name... ;)

• 3 months later...

Okay plans changed... :blink: Now will be spending 9 months every year in Qionghai, Hainan (Sep-May) floating down the Wanquan River to the sea every day... :o Anybody want to buy a really nice place in Yunnan??? Here's a pic of our boat... :D

http://i13.tinypic.com/52qg8ba.jpg

Okay rather than lose my head over a boat I decided to downsize...

http://i15.tinypic.com/63h4gft.jpg

also with this boat I'll have no energy costs as it only requires one boatman (ME) to scull while laopo lounges under the canopy like Cleopatra going down the Nile... :)

Trigg also said I can sneak up on fish in the shallows better and club all the carp we can eat... ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Roger,

do you know if there's any residential complexes for sale in Bo'ao?

City proper QiongHai seems a bit far from the actual beach area but Bo'ao seems to be right on the coast. Or is Bo'ao like Yalong Bay of Sanya where there's only hotels and no private residential complexes?

Thanks!