I'm very nervous

Guest ShaQuaNew

What I was very nervous about almost a month ago turned out to be .... Nothing, no more "touches" or anything.

I'm almost at 4 months waiting, This can be a very frustrating wait as everyone knows here. I'm really hoping to get a reply before the end of next month...

Did your ex-wife go back to China, or is she still here in the US? I know there were claims of domestic violence, which can be particulary difficult for the approval process. While I wish you both great happiness in your future it will be very difficult for anyone outside the FBI and adjudicators to know just what they will do with your case. I don't however believe that they will simply stamp your case approved and move forward. I don't find enjoyment in being the bearer of bad news, but I do think it's important to discuss immigration policy here; for your benefit, and others. I've read of several cases where immigration chooses not to rule on troubled cases and simply holds them in abeyance; sometimes for years. This means they don't approve, or disapprove, they simply do nothing. I hope this does not happen to you. Quite frankly, I don't believe it's the government's business to meddle in anyone's life; but that's just me.

Wishing you both good fortune.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I was very nervous about almost a month ago turned out to be .... Nothing, no more "touches" or anything.

I'm almost at 4 months waiting, This can be a very frustrating wait as everyone knows here. I'm really hoping to get a reply before the end of next month...

Did your ex-wife go back to China, or is she still here in the US? I know there were claims of domestic violence, which can be particulary difficult for the approval process. While I wish you both great happiness in your future it will be very difficult for anyone outside the FBI and adjudicators to know just what they will do with your case. I don't however believe that they will simply stamp your case approved and move forward. I don't find enjoyment in being the bearer of bad news, but I do think it's important to discuss immigration policy here; for your benefit, and others. I've read of several cases where immigration chooses not to rule on troubled cases and simply holds them in abeyance; sometimes for years. This means they don't approve, or disapprove, they simply do nothing. I hope this does not happen to you. Quite frankly, I don't believe it's the government's business to meddle in anyone's life; but that's just me.

Wishing you both good fortune.

I would say your response to my post didn't make me feel particulary good, but reality is what we are dealing with here.

My Ex is still here in the States. She is in San Francisco where she went when she left my home last year.

She has said I abused her, but no one in our goverment has ever talked to me or tried to contact me on the matter. I have not abused her in anyway. But the fact that she is still here without ever going for AOS should speak volumes as far as someone beleiving her.

I really don't know what I would or could say to my wife if what you say is true. As of now it is still too early to panic, but I must say I'm concerned.

Not sure what I could do at this point but wait... at least a while longer before trying to

contact USCIS. This really is not a good thing

Charles, I have been watching the lack of movement on your time line, but I would certainly contact USCIS at this point. It sure seems like a long time to be stuck at a NOA1. But there are far more knowledgeable folks on this site than me that can offer better advice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya'll.

As aye,

Jim

Charles, I have been watching the lack of movement on your time line, but I would certainly contact USCIS at this point. It sure seems like a long time to be stuck at a NOA1. But there are far more knowledgeable folks on this site than me that can offer better advice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya'll.

As aye,

Jim

For a CR1, i think the timing is not too unusual. K1 move much faster. I think yours has moved faster than others... but I don't think I have much of an option but to wait a while longer before panicing

I think jesse brings up an interesting issue that comes to my mind.. exactly what is required to approve a petition... In this particular case, I don't think there are any IMBRA issues at stake; no previous fililng issues in terms of limitations exist for I-130 petitions. Whether there is any issue in terms of understanding the status of previously submitted petitions would probably be an investigated issue, but that is only my guess.

I really don't recall the ND's history of what was told to USCIS or not.. considering the previous petition never started the next step (AOS).

But other than this, a general USCIS delay would occur due to security checks.. and jesse would be the best person to say of any way of finding out info on such a delay...

I really don't recall the ND's history of what was told to USCIS or not.. considering the previous petition never started the next step (AOS).

While I don't think my case is taking any longer than other CR1 cases, probably about the same timing, my situation maybe different.

As far as what I said to ICE, I opened a case back in Janurary and told them of the situation. I did tell them I think there was fraud involved. No one ever contacted me after opening the case. I do know she is saying that I abused her. She said it in court in May when she tried to get $800 per month from me for support, she was denied by the

Judge of course. After the divorce was final, she called me and spoke of getting back together, which I had no interest.

While I didn't mention specifics in my I-130 to USCIS, I did say that I was married to a woman from China before and we got divorced before i married again, So there isn't a question of me trying to hide anything.

I can see my timing as far as the NOA2 for the I-130 is similar to Jesse's and other I-130 filers timelines, I guess I'm just getting antsy ecause of my special circumstances, But i think waiting at least another month would be wise before really losing it, not that really losing it will do me any good.

... As always, my prayers is what I have to lean on.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

While I don't think my case is taking any longer than other CR1 cases, probably about the same timing, my situation maybe different.

As far as what I said to ICE, I opened a case back in Janurary and told them of the situation. I did tell them I think there was fraud involved. No one ever contacted me after opening the case. I do know she is saying that I abused her. She said it in court in May when she tried to get $800 per month from me for support, she was denied by the

Judge of course. After the divorce was final, she called me and spoke of getting back together, which I had no interest.

While I didn't mention specifics in my I-130 to USCIS, I did say that I was married to a woman from China before and we got divorced before i married again, So there isn't a question of me trying to hide anything.

I can see my timing as far as the NOA2 for the I-130 is similar to Jesse's and other I-130 filers timelines, I guess I'm just getting antsy ecause of my special circumstances, But i think waiting at least another month would be wise before really losing it, not that really losing it will do me any good.

Your right.. I'm glad your looking at the data closer than I did on my first reply :D

Your right around the average time.. but obviously some must be over average... so another month's wait is necessary.

I'm thinking that USCIS won't be concerned with the court issues she pursued, but might be concerning her status... If you mentioned her (as part of the I-130 petition) but gave no identifying information about her, maybe they will try to track down something; Did you give her A-number or anything like that?

When I filed my I-130 in the 3rd week of Feb it was taking around 4 months for uscis to look at them. The 3rd week of June my case status was updated 3 days in a row. I didn¡¯t hear anything else. I made an infopass meeting a week later and was told that I was getting an RFE. It took about a month to actually receive it in the mail. After I returned the RFE it took 3 months to get approval. If you haven¡¯t seen a change, in the case status online, I doubt that they have looked at it yet¡­ The infopass meeting was my best information. Good luck

If you mentioned her (as part of the I-130 petition) but gave no identifying information about her, maybe they will try to track down something; Did you give her A-number or anything like that?

I didn't give any identifying information, except for the divorce certifcate and I figure they know I'm in the system and I applied for a K1 before so they can look at the information in thier computers, might be niave on my part, but I'm willing to tell them what ever they want to know. before I opened a case with ICE, I even had a Infopass appointment, but even they told me to write a letter to ICE and send it to the marriage fraud department which I did and no response to emails, calls or a case filed... I pray what I did would suffice, so for now I will simply wait. :harhar1:

I think a touch here or there would have helped my state of mind.

Ron, truthfully now, do you really believe anything cam help your state of mind??

WHeel Man

I don't know, what is a just touched message? Are they just saying it is on someone's desk now? 3 months after the NOA1, I would hope for more than a just touched message.

Let's put it this way - a "touch" is a heckava lot better than "nothing." I never got any touches. I think a touch here or there would have helped my state of mind. NewDay - you at least know they have your case and someone is doing something with it. I wish you the best and will send my positive vibes along with the rest. :harhar1:

Your right.. I'm glad your looking at the data closer than I did on my first reply ;)

Your right around the average time.. but obviously some must be over average... so another month's wait is necessary.

I'm thinking that USCIS won't be concerned with the court issues she pursued, but might be concerning her status... If you mentioned her (as part of the I-130 petition) but gave no identifying information about her, maybe they will try to track down something; Did you give her A-number or anything like that?

Well, Charles, if you get nominated for the supreme Court in 10 years, she might show up and gum things up for a couple of weeks.

But, other than that, I really don't think you have anything to worry about (she doesn't exactly sound like another Anita Hill)

Your right.. I'm glad your looking at the data closer than I did on my first reply ;)

Well, Charles, if you get nominated for the supreme Court in 10 years, she might show up and gum things up for a couple of weeks.

But, other than that, I really don't think you have anything to worry about (she doesn't exactly sound like another Anita Hill)

you never know Randy, you never know. :D

Guest ShaQuaNew

I would say your response to my post didn't make me feel particulary good, but reality is what we are dealing with here.

My Ex is still here in the States. She is in San Francisco where she went when she left my home last year.

She has said I abused her, but no one in our goverment has ever talked to me or tried to contact me on the matter. I have not abused her in anyway. But the fact that she is still here without ever going for AOS should speak volumes as far as someone beleiving her.

I really don't know what I would or could say to my wife if what you say is true. As of now it is still too early to panic, but I must say I'm concerned.

Not sure what I could do at this point but wait... at least a while longer before trying to

contact USCIS. This really is not a good thing

For the record, I am in no way attempting to rain on your parade. My wife and I were victims of delays, and being held hostage by a system that unfairly hands out visas. I know well the feeling that lives in your gut whenever you just don't know for sure what's going on, which is just about the whole time until they get here. Still, I believe it's important to prepare for the worst, and expect the best.

When I first saw that the IMBRA bill was proposed, I reeled and threw up in my mouth a little bit. I strongly believe that it's none of the government's business who marries who and why; they are not, never were, never will be a matchmaking agency. Freedom dictates us all the right to pick who we will, whether Mom and Dad, brother's and sisters, society, co-workers, or anyone else love or hate it. It's the job of government to keep US citizens safe as a whole and not to attempt saving anyone from making good or bad personal decisions.

It's most unfortunate that nearly everyone that files for a marriage based visa must wait in pins and needles for the perverbial f-factor to happen, or not. There always seems to be an f-factor, even under the most ideal circumstances.