HELP ME AND MY MOM PLEASE

Any one knows how to extend the immigration visa expiration date? Please let me know! THANK YOU!!!

My parents got the immigration visa finally. It took them 5 years to go through all the non-immigrant visa and immigrant visa process. They bought the plane tickets and were going to come to states in Nov 21th. But just yesterday I heard that my mom was found cancer!!

Just two weeks before they plan to come here!

I don't know what I should do now. If we can extend the visa for another half a year, my mom will get the operation this week and stay in China for chemo before coming here!

If she come here, I am afraid it will take too long before she is even able to get the opration and I am not sure what all the insurance policies are!!

Their visa will expire in december! I called the US embassy in guangzhou and only got a fax number. I sent a fax to ask and haven't gotten back any info.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help!!!

Thank you guys in advance!

My email address is boxrain@gmail.com

I am sorry if I posted in the wrong forum..

Any one knows how to extend the immigration visa expiration date? Please let me know! THANK YOU!!!

My parents got the immigration visa finally. It took them 5 years to go through all the non-immigrant visa and immigrant visa process. They bought the plane tickets and were going to come to states in Nov 21th. But just yesterday I heard that my mom was found cancer!!

Just two weeks before they plan to come here!

I don't know what I should do now. If we can extend the visa for another half a year, my mom will get the operation this week and stay in China for chemo before coming here!

If she come here, I am afraid it will take too long before she is even able to get the opration and I am not sure what all the insurance policies are!!

Their visa will expire in december! I called the US embassy in guangzhou and only got a fax number. I sent a fax to ask and haven't gotten back any info.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help!!!

Thank you guys in advance!

My email address is boxrain@gmail.com

When did your parents get visa? It should be good for 6 months or 1 year I am not too sure which. I did some searching and it looks like a consular officer can extend it to up to 3 years or to the expiration of their passports which ever is less.

I would contact the embassy or consulate and inquire about extending the validity date.

http://www.foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09FAM/0942072R.PDF

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear the news.

My fianc¨¦ father took ill with cancer.

She got her visa extended no problem.

When her father passed she went back to get her Visa, they said that they needed to do a new background check, since the previous one has expired.

They said ¡°we will contact you in two months.¡±

Only one more month to go.

Keep good thoughts!!