How did you find Candle?

I found CFL through my wife, when Victoria started her information letter to go to the Government, I think she found 001 from her girlfriend and passed everything along to me .CFL has been very helpful and have meet a lot of good friends here. :o :mellow:

It would be great to get the word out to more people that must be dying out there to get information and help.

I still look at the G7 site from time to time, and keep seeing folks there who need the info and support that they could find on CFL. But I rarely post on G7, because they seem to have me on "'auto-censor". I have to be really creative there to get a post to stay on for more than a few minutes. I felt that creativity would be better spent on CFL.

It is so frustrating to see so many on G7 who have waited just as long as we on CFL, but are still asking the same questions that CFL members have answered months ago.

It is currently easy to find G7 with a search on visa delays, but I believe that many of those who have found that site are feeling more in despair than if they had found no site at all. You can't ask for much help on G7, because most answers will be censored. All that remains are posts of question, despair, and hope.

Whether or not to make CFL more easily accessible??? That is something in which much thought was given. I have tried to explain above why the decision was made to make it more accessible. Although P.J. has made it difficult for "looky-loos", spambots, unscrupupous lawyers, etc. to enter this forum with evil intentions, if a person is determined enough he can find a way around about any security. . . such as the lawyer recently who became a member just so he could try and drum up business. We can all help make CFL even more secure by following the CFL policies such as avoiding posting personal info.

Thanks everyone, you have been a great help. It helps especially to know what are the search terms that are used to find us. You are seeing less posts from me now and in the future than during the "visa gap" (from Dec to Feb when virtually no visas or info was issuing), and since my own fiancee received her visa. I feel that I can be of better service now working behind the scenes to try and make CFL available to everyone who needs it. If we can help even one couple, is it not worth it?

I used search engine words of " K-1 visa and China" and "Fiance Visa and China".  These led me to g7. Someone replied to my post there suggesting I visit CFL, saying that there was more activty on CFL, than g7.

Mi

Did the same on Google. At the time I was thinking if filing, now I am in the process.

Hi All,

I found Candle while searching for a new international long distance calling card! I believe I was using Google, and found a thread on Candle talking about Onesuite.com.

I found a great group of folks, and a much better rate on my long distance calls to China too!

:D

i guess i found it the "old fashioned" way. my wife's parents were walking along the river in GZ, and decided to stop by the counsulate to see if there were any new rumors.

the rumor of the day (back in november) was that a batch of fiance visas was finally being issued. the american fiance wrote down "www.candleforlove.com" on a piece of paper, and his girl gave it to my in-laws.

from there my wife told me about it.

i figure that's about as direct as bumping in to PJ at a shopping mall or something.