NVC contact information

An automated recorded message system can answer many of these inquiries 24 hours a day, seven days a week (603 334-0700). Operators are available to respond to more difficult inquiries from 7:30 AM to 12:30 AM (EST) Monday through Friday. Status of case information and access to an operator can only be provided by entering your NVC case number or CIS receipt number on a touch-tone telephone. Case inquiries can also be made via email at NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1309.html

NOTE: If you call them get a live operator, the automated system wont have anything on I-129F cases. If you email them put your USCIS case number, and date of birth of petitioner and beneficiary in the note, they respond in 48 hours, this is how I got our NVC case number.

One other note: it can take up to 4 weeks for CSC to send the petition to NVC.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Thanks for your instant reply! This waiting game is frustrating, but I don't mind picking up the phone and sending e-mail for any information I can get.

Thanks again.

An automated recorded message system can answer many of these inquiries 24 hours a day, seven days a week (603 334-0700). Operators are available to respond to more difficult inquiries from 7:30 AM to 12:30 AM (EST) Monday through Friday. Status of case information and access to an operator can only be provided by entering your NVC case number or CIS receipt number on a touch-tone telephone. Case inquiries can also be made via email at NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1309.html

NOTE: If you call them get a live operator, the automated system wont have anything on I-129F cases. If you email them put your USCIS case number, and date of birth of petitioner and beneficiary in the note, they respond in 48 hours, this is how I got our NVC case number.

One other note: it can take up to 4 weeks for CSC to send the petition to NVC.

I called NVC today and finally got through after several attempts. All I was able to learn was that our I-129F petition has been recieved by NVC and is under "Administrative review". Not much help, but at least I know there has been some progress.

I called NVC today and finally got through after several attempts. All I was able to learn was that our I-129F petition has been recieved by NVC and is under "Administrative review". Not much help, but at least I know there has been some progress.

I was told the same when our petition went through there, about 2 weeks for us. Can be more or less. At least you know that they have your case.

Hope it goes fast for you.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Someone a while back posted a comment that all approved petitions received at the NVC that are chinese beneficiary's (and I think a few other countries too), will ALL undergo additional processing of "Administrative Review".

This appears to be extending the previously 2 week at the NVC to about 4 weeks...

Glad to hear it's moving on to the land of GUZ... The door straight ahead is the waiting room...

Just an FYI, if you call the NVC for a status and get a live operator, they will also accept your USCIS receipt number to look up your case. Also, about extending the 2 week period, that probably applies to some cases. USCIS sent my I-129F approval notification 11/2/2006 and today, 11/14/2006, NVC forwarded our case to Guangzhou. Any good magazines in the waiting room?

Just an FYI, if you call the NVC for a status and get a live operator, they will also accept your USCIS receipt number to look up your case. Also, about extending the 2 week period, that probably applies to some cases. USCIS sent my I-129F approval notification 11/2/2006 and today, 11/14/2006, NVC forwarded our case to Guangzhou. Any good magazines in the waiting room?

Wow, I do not quite no what to say! Some of us do not have the pleasure of the speed of the USCIS in Vermont, so we learn how to eat Cheetos, drink beer and wait..... and support each other!