hi, guys, do you know how INS sends p2 to GZ?

Guest lele-lele

Guest lele-lele
:rolleyes: hi, guys, do you know how Missouri Service Center sends the appoved k3 cases to US Consulate in China? by cable, by EMS or by something else? and the appoved cases are sent directly from MSC to the local Consulate or they should be sent to NVC first and then distributed from there? and normally how long it takes to get P3 from GZ since the day the case was approved?ok, waiting for your kind answer and i would appreciate your help. :lol: :)

Hi,

MSC will send the file to the NVC and they will foward it to GZ. I am not positive the actual method of sending. I have read they are using FedEx, but they do not open the files as soon as they receive them. The NVC will send a letter stating when the case was transfered. I am not sure the usual time line, but ours was just about 40 days before GZ acknowledged they received the case and assigned the new case# (different from the GUZ # the NVC assigns) I hope this is the info you are needeing. ----Bob

I am reasonably positive that they put mine on a row boat with a two man crew, which explains why it took almost four months to get there! :o

Seriously, I have no idea. the problem is not how it gets there but how long it takes the folks at GZ to actually open the letter. Then it is "received." Some packets get received in about a month - while others can take up to six months according to the GZ website. Good luck!

Dave

Guest lele-lele

thanks a lot, Bob & Guiping and chinadave2001. :P the information you gave is very helpful. but it seems good luck is very important in the case processing. :huh: :mellow:

and now Bob &Guiping's case is almost done. wish your honey do the final interview successfully and get visa right away. and hope chinadave2001's case is taking a rocket this time with a light speed instead of taking a manpowered row boat. :o well, good luck to everyone of us... :) thank you.

MSC approved my 129F on February 10. It arrived @ the NVC on February 17. It was sent to GZ on February 24. When my husband called the NVC, he was told to "allow 10 business days " before contacting GZ to see if they received it. My P3 from GZ was mailed (regular mail) on March 11 (the 12th business day), but did not arrive at my home until March 15. I returned two of the P3 forms on March 17, and have heard nothing since.

As for how it goes from the NVC to GZ, the NVC told my husband the I129F is scanned and then emailed to GZ. A paper copy of the 129F is mailed to GZ (how, I do not know). And the original 129F is kept at the NVC for two years before it gets shredded.

Good luck and much, much happiness!

:rolleyes:

Guest lele-lele
MSC approved my 129F on February 10.  It arrived @ the NVC on February 17.  It was sent to GZ on February 24.  When my husband called the NVC, he was told to "allow 10 business days " before contacting GZ to see if they received it.  My P3 from GZ was mailed (regular mail) on March 11 (the 12th business day), but did not arrive at my home until March 15.  I returned two of the P3 forms on March 17, and have heard nothing since.

As for how it goes from the NVC to GZ, the NVC told my husband the I129F is scanned and then emailed to GZ.  A paper copy of the 129F is mailed to GZ (how, I do not know).  And the original 129F is kept at the NVC for two years before it gets shredded.

Good luck and much, much happiness! 

:lol:

Chinarose, you are so lucky. :lol: my case was approved on March 26. but i still did not receive any notice from NVC that it was sent to GZ. and also all the applicants i know whose cases were approved in March did not get such notices. so i am a little bit worried about the situation. i am afraid that SARS did influnce the speed of case processing. but hope i am wrong.

by the way, how did you know when your case arrived NVC and when it was sent out to GZ? :rolleyes:

thank you...good luck :o

Guest agl88

Congratulation! Lele-lele,

My timeline for the k3 is as following:

P2 -- Oct 23, 2002

p3 -- Received on November 20, and mailed to GZ on Nov 25

name check sent to DOS on Dec 3, 2002

name check finished around the end of February 2003

As I post before, my name check for k3 was used to process the IR1.

You can call DOS periodically to check the status of k3 such as when GZ received and when name check was sent.

Good luck to your case

Guest lele-lele

thank you, angel. dont know if your spouse arrived USA or not yet. :rolleyes: i am sure you are a happy and sweet couple. hope your good luck can infect me some. :lol: and always best wishes to you and your family.

by the way, how did you know when your case arrived NVC and when it was sent out to GZ?

I called the NVC three times (603-334-0700) and each time spoke with a different operator. By the way, each time I got a recorded message letting me know that "all of our operators are busy and that my estimated wait time would be one minute" (which it was).

The first operator was "so-so" and told me that my file had been received by the NVC and to allow 2 to 4 weeks for processing. The second operator was very secretive and wouldn't tell me anything except to "allow 10 business days before contacting GZ." (From this I assumed that my case must have been sent on to GZ.) The third operator was most helpful and told me all the details, including my GZ case # (even though GZ gives you a different case # when they send you the P3). So please be persistent and keep trying until you get someone helpful.

The letter from the NVC was dated the day my case was sent to GZ (February 24), but my husband did not receive it until about two weeks later.

Thanks for your kind words ... and best of luck to you, too!

:rolleyes: